Tringreen
Freathy
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
X Isle

X Isle

New President - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:46 pm

John_Vaughan wrote:
Was that really Chris (or someone pretending to be him)? If it was Chris I'm surprised!

I'm also surprised that he asked for his account on here to be deleted!

I'll see your surprised and raise you a disappointed JV.

I wish it weren't so but you and I are becoming a bit of a novelty these days, people who are content to exist with a foot in both camps.........we've just gone and lost another one.

It's not so much the voice of David Icke or David Coleman I hear reading some of these posts but the whole thread is brought to me with a very loud backing track of Gary Glitter singing "d'ya wanna be in my gang". I wasn't ever expecting to hear a backing track of MJ & Macca singing "ebony and Ivory" but post rescue I was hoping for something a little more grown up.

It doesn't have to be a case of one or the other, we're all Argyle fans and shouldn't have to form factions. I thought Chris got that too, I thought his reach was little more inclusive, hence the disappointment. I don't personally feel he's gone 'uberfan' all of a sudden but this action certainly takes the gloss off yesterdays achievement of a fan becoming president and casts doubt where once there was none, where benefit of the doubt was previously afforded.

If the ropes are being pulled up behind them however I hope PASOTI remembers that it voted to remain independent of the club. No-one championed James Brent as consistently as I but every regime needs checks and balances and his is no excpetion. In the same vein I wish this site would concentrate on doing the same, not focusing as heavily as it does at throwing stones the line of PASOTI sheilds.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 2:28 pm

X Isle wrote:
I wish it weren't so but you and I are becoming a bit of a novelty these days, people who are content to exist with a foot in both camps.........we've just gone and lost another one.

Off track a bit.

Both sites have valid arguments/food for thought. Once you get past the way in which they are written that is.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:05 pm

Rickler wrote:
Have I got this straight...

The first thing the new President of Argyle does, is quit a fans forum because he believes he is not getting the 'respect' he feels he deserves!

This just hours after a press release on the official Argyle site where Mr. Webb talks about "pulling everyone connected to Argyle together"...

Should be interesting on Sparksy's morning show tomorrow...

Sparksy: So Chris... What was the first thing you did as Argyle President"

Chris: I flounced off ATD because I wasn't getting the respect I deserve.

Somehow I think not....

I doubt very much he would even mention an irrelevant site like this. As president which i believe is welcome reward for all his hard work. At least the club has someone who has the club at heart and is a fan, unlike previous. Its very sad that his appointment has been turned into yet another thread of attacks on pasoti and certain members. If ATD is ever going to be taken seriously then the bitching against these people need to stop and talk more about football related matters to do with the club, not particular fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 3:37 pm

You seem to miss the point 125. Nobody cares if this site is taken seriously or not because it's nothing more then a few random bites of memory and a few opinions, the site itself has no relevance other then to allow choice and freedom to express that choice within the realms of the law, as you just have.

That above is the very significant difference between this site and Pasoti, say what you want and if anyone cares enough then great...if not...oh well.

Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:18 pm

125+1 wrote:

If ATD is ever going to be taken seriously then the bitching against these people need to stop and talk more about football related matters to do with the club, not particular fans.

I don't think this argument holds water, 125+1. The fact is these individuals you cite as being 'under attack' from certain posters are now intrinsically linked to the club and as such their actions should be open to examination and debate. Yes, some of the posts are perhaps a little strong but hardly full of vitriol and bile, and if people can't take a spot of piss taking then perhaps the internet is not for them.

Re: Ian Newell, I have no particular beef with him per se but in light of a very recent Green Taverners post on PASOTI (can't be arsed to check when but past few days) stating that the cash raised from these constant auctions of Newell's is still going to the staff hardship fund, why are there no questions being raised about it? Why is no one on PASOTI questioning why we still need these when we have a new, wealthy owner? For the same reason that seemingly no one raised a single eyebrow when the terms of the deal where announced. You remember, the 17% up front of wages owed for the past ten months of sacrifice by the staff.

So the fact is that the fans are still supporting the staff, yet Brent is held up the Messiah and simultaneously the GTs are praised for their good deeds, deeds that shouldn't bloody well be needed. I'm in no way disparaging the work the GTs have done, but it surprises me greatly that barely a single soul has raised the question of why they are having to continue with this fundraising now that we're out of administration. Brent and Ridsdale must be pleased as punch that the fans merrily continue with this, effectively letting them (or rather Brent) off with their paultry initial settlement deal (and yes, I am aware there are other factors such as the PFA and FL insistence that staff and players are treated equally).

All that is rather long-winded way of saying that as fundraiser-in-chief, Newell is very much related to matters at the heart of the club.

As to Chris Webb's acceptance of the President role, well that all depends on what the role will end up entailing but if, as would seem likely from both his and Brent's comments, it is something of a bridge between boardroom and fans, then that's a torpedo in the hull of the Trust in my opinion. Whether it's above or below the waterline remains to be seen but again, to suggest that he's not directly linked to club matters and ergo shouldn't have his actions questioned is off the mark I feel. Flouncing off this board because he's not receiving the adulation of the masses, well that's more than a little silly.

Edited to add: I guess Chris's thread about the name change of Brent's company goes some way to answering the 'what the role will entail' question.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:47 pm

John_Vaughan wrote:
X Isle wrote:

Both sites have valid arguments/food for thought. Once you get past the way in which they are written that is.

Oh don't get me wrong I agree, it's just the jihadist style waging of holy war against each other I just find so energy sapping and pathetic.

Take my post on the end of presidential proclamation thread. It should be totally uncontroversial, a good humoured and completely reasonable reminder to Chris that as he's in a pastoral role now so, more than ever, needs to reach out to his whole parish, not just those already in the church.

What happens?, immediately locked and packed off to 'the story so far' gulag, brilliant Rolling Eyes.

Why, having achieved some integrity, honesty and transparency in the ownership model are we having such difficulty with the unity bit?.
Back to top Go down
The Spooner

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Nick wrote:
125+1 wrote:

If ATD is ever going to be taken seriously then the bitching against these people need to stop and talk more about football related matters to do with the club, not particular fans.

I don't think this argument holds water, 125+1. The fact is these individuals you cite as being 'under attack' from certain posters are now intrinsically linked to the club and as such their actions should be open to examination and debate. Yes, some of the posts are perhaps a little strong but hardly full of vitriol and bile, and if people can't take a spot of piss taking then perhaps the internet is not for them.

Re: Ian Newell, I have no particular beef with him per se but in light of a very recent Green Taverners post on PASOTI (can't be arsed to check when but past few days) stating that the cash raised from these constant auctions of Newell's is still going to the staff hardship fund, why are there no questions being raised about it? Why is no one on PASOTI questioning why we still need these when we have a new, wealthy owner? For the same reason that seemingly no one raised a single eyebrow when the terms of the deal where announced. You remember, the 17% up front of wages owed for the past ten months of sacrifice by the staff.

So the fact is that the fans are still supporting the staff, yet Brent is held up the Messiah and simultaneously the GTs are praised for their good deeds, deeds that shouldn't bloody well be needed. I'm in no way disparaging the work the GTs have done, but it surprises me greatly that barely a single soul has raised the question of why they are having to continue with this fundraising now that we're out of administration. Brent and Ridsdale must be pleased as punch that the fans merrily continue with this, effectively letting them (or rather Brent) off with their paultry initial settlement deal (and yes, I am aware there are other factors such as the PFA and FL insistence that staff and players are treated equally).

All that is rather long-winded way of saying that as fundraiser-in-chief, Newell is very much related to matters at the heart of the club.

As to Chris Webb's acceptance of the President role, well that all depends on what the role will end up entailing but if, as would seem likely from both his and Brent's comments, it is something of a bridge between boardroom and fans, then that's a torpedo in the hull of the Trust in my opinion. Whether it's above or below the waterline remains to be seen but again, to suggest that he's not directly linked to club matters and ergo shouldn't have his actions questioned is off the mark I feel. Flouncing off this board because he's not receiving the adulation of the masses, well that's more than a little silly.

Edited to add: I guess Chris's thread about the name change of Brent's company goes some way to answering the 'what the role will entail' question.

You've misunderstood Nick. The deal to pay back the staff was agreed by the PFA and had to be given to the non playing staff as well. This means that the non playing staff are still financially in the shite because the 17% they got wont cover all of their bills. The auctions are clearly helping these people.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:08 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
droly wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
I think the events of yesterday evening showed us all what we fear may happen.

I have no issue with Chris Webb being club president. It is an honorary position and I hope it was given with the best of intentions. My concern, in these sceptical and cynical times, is that it is a move by Ridders and Brent to sideline the person who has done more to unite the fans of Argyle then any other individual. What if things go wrong? Will Chris be able to swing back into action and lead the fans to victory again? Who knows? But we will have learnt nothing if we blindly follow Brent (however pleasant a chap he may be). We did that with Stapes and that is why we are bottom of the league.

The problem yesterday (IMHO) is the full blown "bromance" between Chris and Naps. In real life they seem very close friends. What got to Chris was the constant attacks on his mate Naps by us on ATD. He tried to delete his account himself but couldn't manage it so he asked me to do it. Over on Pasoti Naps went mental on a thread by greengenes. Ironically the thread was about how Pasoti used to be banned at HP and how far they had come (to the point where then ban mention of other sites). JV and Greenskin dared to offer a differing point of view and Naps went mental defending Chris and made libelous comments about Ricks (again) and other users of ATD. I gave up at about 10pm and surprise surprise the thread has been deleted overnight.

So what happens when the first complaints about Brent start? Answers on a postcard to.........

Thanks for being the trusted link between the two forums/ factions Frank. It can't be easy when you have to largely suppress your own views.

Newell 'going mental' then deleting all evidence would appear to be par for the course. It is his unhealthy control over Pasoti that imo has led to this particular division in the club's support. Long standing fans no longer wish to get involved on Pasoti, here, or anywhere else, because of the unpleasantness he himself has created over the years, in his quest for dominance.Newcomers are similarly put off because they don't understand 'the history'.
The two most common nicknames for the forums ie Animal Farm & The Naughty Step, would appear to perfectly illustrate how each is viewed by the other and therein is the reason there cannot be unity, strength , growth and vision.
I take full responsibility for much of the angst and bitterness. Most of the 'handles' that annoy Newell and co are my creations.It is true that few of us on here have been actually banned from Pasoti, so a growing number of our members are simply interested in some , if not all, of what we say. Many keep a membership on both forums.
Personally speaking, I enjoy going after anything or anyone I regard as being a bully or essentially corrupt.
I took umbrage at being denied a voice on Pasoti for no other reason than being able to predict correctly, what was coming next in the Argyle story. Newell and co didn't want to listen to my warnings and name calling followed on both sides. The fact that I admitted that I could hardly bear to attend matches and witness first hand the complacency and our ultimate demise, made me 'not a proper fan' and I should F off and support Man U ! Naturally, I was eliminated. Red rag to a bull or what ?
It continued on the old Argyle Talk where even the use of the word Pasoti became an offence for a while, due to the unhealthy control exerted over AT admin by' others'.
Ultimately, the key holder of AT was persuaded to betray the paying membership and allowed secret access to admin and personal details/ conversations to those who wanted the place silenced. Hence, the birth of ATD 6 months ago.

No offence but when I read your posts in my head I can hear the voice of David Icke.

I get David Coleman affraid lol!

lol! No offence taken. I can get a little intense.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:35 pm

Chris,

You must still be reading this site as within moments of posting my last post here a response appeared on the very thread that was locked and moved on PASOTI.

I happen to agree with 95% of what you're saying but that very post exposes my problem to an extent, my fear that at the time unity is MOST needed, fault lines are being drawn and sections are giving up on each other. This is a PASOTI question, not one you are responsible for or that I expect you to answer but how come you can post on a locked thread when I am not afforded the right to reply?, it's undemocratic, dictatorial almost.

I agree with what you're saying, you will see that I voice my displeasure at the infighting directly to the guys on here, I don't shrink from that and haven't since I came here, they know it pisses me off sometimes. Difference is, I have to point out, they don't censor it because it's critical. It stays up, we either agree to disagree or call each other tw@ts and move on to share a metaphorical beer. It's actually more free, democratic, friendly and welcoming than PASOTI is becoming, and dare I say it more grown up and less paranoid too.

Posting on a locked thread creates the very impression of 'one rule for one, one rule for another' that so irked me when displayed by certain other Trust members and deepens my suspicion that a breed apart of Argyle fan is being forged, sneerily dismissing 'the others'. Again, I don't shoot the messenger (you) I shoot at the platform and the impression of 'them and us' it radiates.

Anyways irrespective of how low the percentage of dissenters, the shepherd of a flock should view one sinner repenteth as worth 6,000 happy clappers 'at my fathers table'. Reduce the time spent trying buy all means, i've had to grow a thick skin, you have built one up too coming here (gaining a level of respect for so doing in the meantime) so please don't don't give up on reaching everyone, and never say never.

We'll agree to disagree on leaving ATD I guess but please just bear in mind you're the president of something that means different things to different people, some are more prickly than others, some have more baggage, but you're the president of all of them.

Genuinely, good luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Im surprised Chris has accepted the position given his Trade Union / Non Careerist credentials, his initial reaction that the whole thing is somewhat "Elitist" is an opinion I share, I think he would of been better served and more importantly advised by his pals (IJN/CPs) to walk away after his resignation from the trust, a job well done, by accepting the role he now becomes fans target numero uno as soon as the inevitable Brent honeymoon period is over.
His overreaction to some of the posts and subsequent cancellation of his account on ATD shows that he is somewhat thin skinned/intolerant of anyone who shares a different point of view to that of his own, this to an audience that he aspires to represent as Club President, not a great start is it.

As much of an honour and as deserving as it maybe, my gut instinct is telling me Chris could well be inheriting a poisoned chalice from our Japanese friend, for me he has allowed CP allies and in particular an egomaniac of the highest order to cloud his initial judgement I am afraid.

Last edited by Arch Stanton on Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:39 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 10:45 pm

I'd go along with some of that. I've only met him the once, seemed like a nice bloke but I did say he needed to roll with the punches a little. He does seem to be very thin skinned, which is not good for someone who is a public figure to an extent.

However i dont think he'll be targeted if we don't start winning games, The post itself means little to my mind, it's largely ceremonial. I mean Kevin Keegan is apparently club president of Bideford Afc, the majority of the support probably don't know who Chris and the appointment would leave them indifferent if not underwhelmed.

I don't profess to know what his role entails specifically but it would appear to be ambassadorial.
Normally that sort of thing is left to someone with gravitas in football circles, Sir Bobby Charlton for example, which Chris Webb for all his qualities doesn't possess. I don't personally see this role as a fans representative, besides by stepping down from the trust he quite distinctly has resigned that mandate, to my mind Warren Bowden should now be that person.

Meanwhile we're still bottom of the league by some distance and have suceeded in only bringing in (an admittedly decent) right back to bolster the playing staff. So I have this back slapping is leaving me rather cold and is currently stifling debate on more important issues, namely how shit we are.

Back to top Go down
Southborne

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 4:01 pm

I am surprised by all the bad feeling between here and Pasoti. I do believe there is a genuine need for all parties to come together and work to a better future of your club. My feeling about the Trust is that they have been nulified by this appointment and anyone daring to say different is castigated by the select few and others who seem to be happy to follow the crowd. Brent and especially Ridsdale have played a absolute blinder in this and hats off to them.

You need a totally independent fans voice, Every club needs one, There has to be someone watching over the custodians of the club, they are there for only a short time and fans are there forever, Even to pick up the pieces. You had a great chance to really unite the club but from the outset reading on fans forums there were different factions and those in charge now totally played on the old saying, DIVIDE AND RULE. What i see is Brent has aquired a club for F**K all, Got the Council to buy the ground with one arm tied behind their backs saying he would only do the deal if they bought it and no Counciller when elections are near will want to be labled as those who voted against it. The staff, Who's loyalty was beyond the calling and went nearly a year without money only got i think (Correct me if im wrong) 17% up front and a repayment plan over 5 years!!! 5 years!!! since Brent is suppose to be loaded it would have been a really good gesture to pay the staff in full on completion, If by all accounts he has the cash that he does but he and Ridsdale are happy sitting back watching genuine fans still having to keep raising money for the staff, That is one of the things i find totally disgusting about the whole situation.

Ridsdale, Where do i start with this absolute low life leech who should never ever be allowed near a football club again but some are still lauding him as the saviour, Saviour of what? He was on a "Walking Holiday" invited by the previous board to a game, Appointed by his bezzy mate Brenda as Chairman and then sold the family silver to keep the wolves from the door. To be truthful if there had been a propely court appointed Adminstrator, He would have got someone in to do exactly the same job as Ridsdale and now he has made himself indispensible to Brent, Who has made him "Chairman of Football Operations" What a complete idiot, That is one thing i do honsetly believe Brent will come to regret. Also dont forget that Ridsdale said that Brent was his first choice all along!!! What a complete prick!!! He certainly loves the sound of his own voice!!

Now Mr Webb has been made President, All are lauding it as a victory and a real positive move towards "Fan Power" at board level, But as i have said before, he will be made a fall guy when the honeymoon period is over, Wether he likes it or not, He is the fans face of Brents takeover, He virtully single handed wanted Brent to takeover and then anyone else who was in the frame as well was treated with contempt, It was a case of Brent or liquidation. I would like to ask the question what is going to happen to the Trust now? In my view they have become a non-important part of the club who will have no say anywhere. Which is so sad when they had the chance at the early outset of this miserable debacle of having the chance to become a vital cog in the Arglye machine.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 4:54 pm

It was Brent or liquidation (and rebirth) for me too, the other prospects were far worse, that's a laurel to hang round Chris' neck, not a noose.

JB was only ever there to keep the football club going, not pump in bucket loads of cash. He was consistent on that point and will hold to it i'm sure, we need to stand on our own two feet.

On virtually everything else though i'm in total agreement with you. I'm having to lump Peter Ridsdale but what you say is true about him. And as for the need for Trust independence and respectful from the club - hell yeah with knobs on, Ridsdale and Brent have taken the fans teeth out with that appointment if Chris retains any influence.

I still maintain he's earnt it, i'm still pleased for him but he needs to be a million miles from the Trust now or as a fans body they might just as well have a collar and lead put on them.
Back to top Go down
Southborne

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:14 pm

X Isle wrote:
It was Brent or liquidation (and rebirth) for me too, the other prospects were far worse, that's a laurel to hang round Chris' neck, not a noose.

JB was only ever there to keep the football club going, not pump in bucket loads of cash. He was consistent on that point and will hold to it i'm sure, we need to stand on our own two feet.

On virtually everything else though i'm in total agreement with you. I'm having to lump Peter Ridsdale but what you say is true about him. And as for the need for Trust independence and respectful from the club - hell yeah with knobs on, Ridsdale and Brent have taken the fans teeth out with that appointment if Chris retains any influence.

I still maintain he's earnt it, i'm still pleased for him but he needs to be a million miles from the Trust now or as a fans body they might just as well have a collar and lead put on them.

X Isle, Throughout this i have read lots of your threads on Pasoti and know what your feelings are regarding Ridsdale and the fact that you wanted YOUR club back, Your posts over the months have never been "Follow the Crowd" but forthright in them always. I just want people to bear in mind that the job of saving Argyle is not over, With that Slimeball Ridsdale in charge i hate to think what he's got in mind, But the independence of the fans has seriously been dented with Mr Webbs appointment and any rebbelious voices being either bullied down or belittled. Things in the future will get tough, This total fawning over a select few is nauseating at best.

The fans need a strong INDEPENDANT voice, Yes to congratulate people when things are going well but also to question those in charge if things go wrong and at the moment dissenting voices are being stifled
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Southborne wrote:
X Isle wrote:

X Isle, Throughout this i have read lots of your threads on Pasoti and know what your feelings are regarding Ridsdale and the fact that you wanted YOUR club back, Your posts over the months have never been "Follow the Crowd" but forthright in them always. I just want people to bear in mind that the job of saving Argyle is not over, With that Slimeball Ridsdale in charge i hate to think what he's got in mind, But the independence of the fans has seriously been dented with Mr Webbs appointment and any rebbelious voices being either bullied down or belittled. Things in the future will get tough, This total fawning over a select few is nauseating at best.

The fans need a strong INDEPENDANT voice, Yes to congratulate people when things are going well but also to question those in charge if things go wrong and at the moment dissenting voices are being stifled

I have to agree with every word of that, spot on!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 5:53 pm

X Isle wrote:

The things is Smiffy, is the President job a position, or is it a gift?

If it's a position as some sort of fans rep then fine, but I would sooner the fans choose who they would like to represent them.

If it's a gift then it leaves a few issues wide open and makes Chris's support for Brent questionable, even if Brent was the only real choice. I would also ask why Chris has received a gift and why Posty hasn't, he did after all REALLY save the club and there wouldn't be a club for Brent to purchase if it wasn't for Posty. When do the bucket rattlers claim their gift, because if it wasn't for those there would be no staff and without staff there would have been no club for Brent to purchase?

I've read the term "he deserves it" many times, mainly on Pasoti, so I think it's understandable to assume that Chris's Presidency is a gift? - I will be honest and say that I feel sorry for the guy at the moment, he's made a shocker of a call on this one!

As for Brent, you rightly say Smiffy that he's suggesting the club stands on its own two feet, which sounds fine in the purist world until you realise that not a single club in the FL is able to stand on its own two feet without being subsidised by way of other income, in Argyle's case the "other income" will be paid into the Akkeron Group's account?

I agree with Southborne, I think we're a long way from achieving a stable footing yet, both as far as the club and the fans are concerned.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:04 pm

The "Presidency" was a way of thanking Chris and the fans, according to the Riddler, who I think is the one who bestowed it, so perhaps he should know.. and a way of "honouring" Chris and the "Green Army" according to Brent himself.

This is what should have happened.

Brent should have announced the role of President would first go to Chris to honour his fine efforts and then be held by the chairman of the Trust board when he is finally appointed.

This would have established a legitimacy and a bond between club and the "Fans Trust" straight away.

Still not too late for Chris to suggest it....
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 7:21 pm

Seems like a plan Ricks. Won't happen though. Where's Webby has the key to the executive toilet and Naps has told him to keep it. Peas from the same pod. Not the brightest but full of low cunning.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:26 pm

GOB wrote:
Southborne wrote:
X Isle wrote:

I have to agree with every word of that, spot on!

Me too tongue
Back to top Go down
Southborne

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 9:04 pm

If you think there are a few things that are right in what i said then bide your time, This love in that is going on everywhere else will run out of steam, Brent from the outset said he is not really interested in the footballing side so i guess this is where Ridsdale will come in and who knows, Brent might sell the club for £1 like Ridsdale always wanted once Brent gets his planning permission on your car park.

Imagine that 6-12 months down the line Ridsdale in charge, Not saying it will happen but after the last 12 months of going on at HP i wouldn't rule it out
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:05 pm

The same roller coaster ride of his previous clubs?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:12 am

I wouldn't rule Peter jones out of the equation yet.

I re-iterate what I said yesterday, Chris Webb relinquished his mandate to speak for the fans once he stood down from the trust, Warren Bowden is now the man and a decent one for the job too. Unless the trust is genuine dead duck, in which case I'd lime some official clarification on that.

Also a president of a football club should be one who has some respect or reverence within football circles, Sir Bobby Charlton is a typical president. Says and does nothing of interest save turning up, being sir bobby charlton and having photos taken with him. I don't know Chris and honestly appreciate the efforts he made getting Brent to the table and the CP work but this presidency is a shit idea and looks little more than an ego massaging exercise.

He has done enough towards saving the club, why does he feel he needs this? Why can't he just enjoy supporting the club again knowing it's in good hands?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 1:38 am

peter_dout wrote:
I wouldn't rule Peter jones out of the equation yet.

I re-iterate what I said yesterday, Chris Webb relinquished his mandate to speak for the fans once he stood down from the trust, Warren Bowden is now the man and a decent one for the job too. Unless the trust is genuine dead duck, in which case I'd lime some official clarification on that.

Also a president of a football club should be one who has some respect or reverence within football circles, Sir Bobby Charlton is a typical president. Says and does nothing of interest save turning up, being sir bobby charlton and having photos taken with him. I don't know Chris and honestly appreciate the efforts he made getting Brent to the table and the CP work but this presidency is a shit idea and looks little more than an ego massaging exercise.

He has done enough towards saving the club, why does he feel he needs this? Why can't he just enjoy supporting the club again knowing it's in good hands?

I am not overly convinced he really wants it Peter.

IJN confirmed on PASOTI that Chris had to be persuaded by "pals" to accept the title, for a guy with his work and political background this whole Presidency accolade is as he initially felt somewhat "Elitist".

My own theory is that members of the CP put the suggestion to Brent / Ridsdale without the knowledge of Chris and he in return felt duty bound to accept with his caveat being that he was accepting it on behalf of the "Green Army".

I can understand why the CPs wanted to reward his efforts, but like you I think he would of been better served just taking his seat in the Lyndy with his kid and mates and enjoy his Argyle fix again knowing that he had performed a great job in securing a Brent custodianship.

For his Presidency to warrant a 21 page thread on Exeweb, the majority of which is no more than undeserved personal abuse and based primarily on an individual he has allied himself with throughout the Brent process just seals the deal for why accepting it was the wrong decision for me.

He is a better man then that garbage on there thats for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:16 am

It would be interesting to know if Chris was offered the reward prior to resigning his position on the Trust. To me it seems he resigned to take up the position as the President, if so it would be a shame because it has considerably lowered the interest in the Trust and if Chris is as strong a character as we're led to believe, the Trust could have done with him for a while yet.

As for Exeweb Arch, it's what happens when you attach yourself to one of Argyle's more "colourful" characters that has been providing abuse for years that went way beyond banter and, if what’s has been said is correct, appalling facebook comments. I don't think Chris deserves it but it was bound to happen considering the people he is mixing with.

Nobody seems to know what Chris's President position will involve, including Chris. Say what you like about the man, but Ridsdale has done his job well!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 7:25 am

Somebody sent me Newell's facebook page.

On it, he claims that Webby was offered a place on the board but turned it down!

Why hasn't he told the great unwashed on Pasoti that little tidbit?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

New President
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next