Tringreen
Freathy
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

New President - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:43 pm

Was that really Chris (or someone pretending to be him)? If it was Chris I'm surprised!

I'm also surprised that he asked for his account on here to be deleted!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:43 pm

GOB wrote:
I do feel for Posty tonight, if anyone really did save the club then it was him, how will he be rewarded in this day of gifts and honors?

He appears to have more faces than a clock shop too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:46 pm

Guest wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Chris Webb wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
The President is rattled. Unleash the sherry !

Far from rattled Tringy. Just a little sad.

James Brent has recognised the supporters today.

Nobody has been bought off, my opinions remain my own, theres no pay for the role, theres no lines to tow.

I just find it sad that rather than have a rational debate people like you go onto here and even sites of opposition supporters attacking fellow Argyle fans.

Very sad.

I have desperately tried to keep posting on here and listen to everyones opinions.

We have a chance to create something really special at our Club but you guys are too busy in your bitter worlds to realise it.

Chris

You have your views President , we have ours. You are sounding more like Napoleon every day. Anything he gets he deserves, for his bullying and underhand tactics on his farm and elsewhere. Quite a few Exeter fans agree.
Care to elaborate on why WE have the chance to create something special ?

Shock horror stop the press - Exeter fans have an issue with high profile Argyle supporter(s).

I have asked Frank B to delete my account.

I really hope Wozzer succeeds where it seems I have failed - to be treated with a little respect.

All the best.

Chris

What? like on Pasoti !!!
Some animals are more equal then others as the old saying goes.......
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:53 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Guest wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Chris Webb wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
The President is rattled. Unleash the sherry !

Far from rattled Tringy. Just a little sad.

James Brent has recognised the supporters today.

Nobody has been bought off, my opinions remain my own, theres no pay for the role, theres no lines to tow.

I just find it sad that rather than have a rational debate people like you go onto here and even sites of opposition supporters attacking fellow Argyle fans.

Very sad.

I have desperately tried to keep posting on here and listen to everyones opinions.

We have a chance to create something really special at our Club but you guys are too busy in your bitter worlds to realise it.

Chris

You have your views President , we have ours. You are sounding more like Napoleon every day. Anything he gets he deserves, for his bullying and underhand tactics on his farm and elsewhere. Quite a few Exeter fans agree.
Care to elaborate on why WE have the chance to create something special ?

Shock horror stop the press - Exeter fans have an issue with high profile Argyle supporter(s).

I have asked Frank B to delete my account.

I really hope Wozzer succeeds where it seems I have failed - to be treated with a little respect.

All the best.

Chris

What? like on Pasoti !!!
Some animals are more equal then others as the old saying goes.......

Too true Punchie.

Last edited by Tringreen on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:56 pm

John_Vaughan wrote:
Was that really Chris (or someone pretending to be him)? If it was Chris I'm surprised!

He a friend of Ian's John. Ian and his friends have been known to share passwords on previous occasions so nothing would surprise me.

To be honest, I think Chris just needed an excuse to not be here and would have had a handbag moment even if he was told his beard looked scruffy.
Back to top Go down
Southborne

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:59 pm

Dunno why Mr Webb got all shirty with my view, Which in a free, democratic world im allowed to air. One of the reason i said what i did was because i strongly believe a Trust or any other fans views like here and Pasoti should be independent of the clubs view and i really think that the Argyle Trust have got too pally with the club, What happens when something happens regarding the club and the fans become irate and want honest answers? It wont come from the Trust because most will be sitting round the top table agreeing with the club.

You need a independent voice and by backing Brent and Ridsdale like they have will result in any unbiased views from being heard. You can call any dissenters anything you want but you must respect their right to air those views, They should be able to disagree on anything that concerns them and not be deleted or bullied, Which is the worse form of cowardice.

I am surprised that Mr Webb has had a hissy fit and asked to be deleted, Like someone else has said, Stand your corner, explain your reasons in a objective way and listen to people who don't always agree with you, As a union man he should know that all wont agree with him and i always thought that a union man would represent ALL his members views, Not just the ones who agree with him
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:06 pm

Southborne wrote:
Dunno why Mr Webb got all shirty with my view, Which in a free, democratic world im allowed to air. One of the reason i said what i did was because i strongly believe a Trust or any other fans views like here and Pasoti should be independent of the clubs view and i really think that the Argyle Trust have got too pally with the club, What happens when something happens regarding the club and the fans become irate and want honest answers? It wont come from the Trust because most will be sitting round the top table agreeing with the club.

You need a independent voice and by backing Brent and Ridsdale like they have will result in any unbiased views from being heard. You can call any dissenters anything you want but you must respect their right to air those views, They should be able to disagree on anything that concerns them and not be deleted or bullied, Which is the worse form of cowardice.

I am surprised that Mr Webb has had a hissy fit and asked to be deleted, Like someone else has said, Stand your corner, explain your reasons in a objective way and listen to people who don't always agree with you, As a union man he should know that all wont agree with him and i always thought that a union man would represent ALL his members views, Not just the ones who agree with him

Wise words my friend............ but this is Argo fans we're talking about here. The new, internet spawned group of self styled superfans, have a history of wanting to cuddle up to the men in suits. Anyone who challenges them or their fine gentlemen heroes is to be silenced.
Back to top Go down
Southborne

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:12 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Southborne wrote:

Wise words my friend............ but this is Argo fans we're talking about here. The new, internet spawned group of self styled superfans, have a history of wanting to cuddle up to the men in suits. Anyone who challenges them or their fine gentlemen heroes is to be silenced.

Guess so Tring, I should of realised when some on Pasoti were fawning over the idea that Ridsdale is a saviour and they will always be in their debt to him. Looks like it will be up to this site to keep the suits on their toes
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:19 pm

I hope the appointment is for the right reasons in that Chris has been rewarded for his efforts and represents the fans' views.

Unfortunately the cynic in me believes this is another Risdalian move in pulling a dissenter into the fold to quell any potential problems down the line ( a la Fletcher (vocal captain) and Ro (PFA Rep)). Chris Webb has shown that he is a fantastic orator with good leadership skills (according to the old Trust board and CP-ers has led all the meetings)- could anyone with the skills or desire follow him? (the actions of the CP-ers have already put the post-Chris Webb Trust in a weaker position).

Chris says he will 'shout' if he doesn't agree with plans/ results etc- hopefully this will be the case.

I do fear that the new Brent regime could be like the Blackburn one, who on their appointment went for unachievable targets (Beckham,Ronaldinho) to gloss over the fact they weren't going to invest much (i.e. Argyle going for championship players who are unlikely to drop 2 divisons- Eastwood etc.). Only time will tell........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:32 pm

John_Vaughan wrote:

I have PM'd Chris on pasoti and it was his request to be deleted. Or maybe the imposter has access to both his accounts......
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:33 pm

They will always look in on the naughty step, mainly because we have a history of correctly predicting likely outcomes. They would also try to twist things to make it look like we are happy when proven correct.What are we supposed to do, nod agreement and jump onto the latest Aviva bus trip ?

Chris still calls for unity but the unity he and others crave, requires no dissenting voices, no alternative strategies. It's their way or the highway.

Over the years, Pasoti's controllers have one by one , eliminated or worn out many astute posters. The sort of people who should have been leading the fans . What we have been left with is what you see now. No intelligent Argyle fan of any sophistication would hide from a debate with fellow fans, if he truly wanted to unite the fanbase and was clever enough to achieve it.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Have I got this straight...

The first thing the new President of Argyle does, is quit a fans forum because he believes he is not getting the 'respect' he feels he deserves!

This just hours after a press release on the official Argyle site where Mr. Webb talks about "pulling everyone connected to Argyle together"...

Should be interesting on Sparksy's morning show tomorrow...

Sparksy: So Chris... What was the first thing you did as Argyle President"

Chris: I flounced off ATD because I wasn't getting the respect I deserve.

Somehow I think not....
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:40 pm

Guest wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
Often a management ploy, offer the Union guy a post in management. Think it is a good appointment though.

What surprises me the most, is that Chris Webb has actually accepted the role. It's almost all a bit 'poacher turned gamekeeper'.

By all accounts, his first reaction was to think it all a bit elitest, which of course, would be completely natural for a trade unionist. He was then persuaded to take the role by Newell and Co. No doubt our Mr Newell's dreams of guest seats in the Directors box played a large part in his efforts to ensure Webby signed up.

The problem for Chris Webb in all of this, is that sooner or later circumstances will change, and the Brent love-in will fade - how long have previous Argyle owners/Chairman remained in vogue? Then, instead of being at the head of a strong and independent Fans Trust, he'll find himself having to defend whatever measures and constraints Brent has seen fit to implement.

That's something that should be quite alien to the Trade Union guy.

Well, you would have thought so, wouldn't you?

Without being disrespectful (but I will be) I wouldn't mind betting that I have forgotten more about Trade Unionism and defending working people than you will ever know.

Why don't you wait and see how things pan out without giving out you completely false opinion. I will be nobody near the boardroom or directors box.

I will not defend anyone for the sake of it. If something is wrong then I will speak out as I have always done. Nothing will ever change who I am.

I stood down from the Trust because I simply wanted to play a part in saving the Club. That was done so I moved on to allow someone else the chance to take the next step.

Happy to compare track records on trade unionism anytime......

All very admirable. But if someone of reasonable acumen such as yourself, can't see that in doing what you've done, you're going to be perceived by many as 'selling out', then I give you too much credit.

Come on now, I'm not knocking what you've done - I find it surprising, yes, but I can fully understand your reasoning, given the opportunities that were obviously opening up in front of you.

I have to say I did raise a smile at your offer of knob size comparisons comparing representation records. That's all a bit 'playground' for me I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:55 pm

Exeweb makes interesting reading tonight.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 2:28 am

What does a club president do?

I've always had it down as one of those pointless roles which requires little/no work other than the odd meet & greet. It is more of a title, an honour, etc. That's why they often give it to a former player or fan favourite, or a celebrity fan, etc. Chris Webb isn't any of the above. I doubt whether 50% of Argyle fans could name him, perhaps even lower.

The other issues I've got with Chris being given the position is that he was the one who came from nowhere & pushed for Brent, he helped remove Heaney for Brent, he got the club on a cheaper deal for Brent (via 'direct action'), he pushed things through with the remaining creditors for Brent, he scaremongered and told us repeatedly that we were on the brink of administration for Brent, he pleaded with Guilfoyle for Brent. If we get relegated, is he going to be the one taking the bullet for Brent? I hope he is careful in this respect, he has no financial clout (as far as I'm aware) and could simply become an irritant.

Is his posting on Tony Pasoti (and on here if he decides to return) now a conflict of interests between an independent supporters forum and the club? The waters between being a fansite and being a voicepiece for the club become even murkier if he does continue posting, or if he uses Newell as the club's mouthpiece. If his new role is to help promote the club to the community, and "be in a position to assist supporters groups and promote the club on an ongoing basis", and he is happy to do this...then why didn't he stay on as the Trust leader? And are we not classed as a supporters body here?

I'm not saying he didn't deserve some form of accolade - there was even genuine recognition of this on here - but the title of Club President? At best, it is just plain weird. At worst, the words 'sell-out' could certainly be applicable.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:47 am

Good post Mock- hopefully Chris backed the right horse from the beginning and hasn't been manipulated.

You can't trust these business folk look at Tony 'perfect gentleman' Campbell- if he were a true Argyle fan he would have rold Kagami and Synan where to go, but instead associated with them to wreck R&D's chances of survival. Its like Hitler buying a load of Germans a few pints, giving a bit of inside info (Herr Ponty enjoyed that) on the nazi party and letting them post it on Nazioti- I guess they'd say he was a great bloke (despite killing millions in the process)- slight of hand where some are drawn to the minor events when the major ones are occuring right in front of them.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:18 am

Now an aviva pleasing 'high profile' Janner appointment has been made how about brent addressing the problem of us having by far the shittest 'team' in professional football and being miles adrift at the bottom of the fourth division going into the business end of the season? I know that's not a priority issue for the avivas as they're far too busy 'legend' worshipping and heaping praise on webb, brent, fletcher, and larry-o but us normal fans are a tad concerned. I fear not even a sound dicking on Saturday will shake the avivas from their 'legend' worshipping stupor...."we'm only one or two players short of bein' a gud team." "Trust in brent." "We'm in gud 'aaands"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:26 am

I think the events of yesterday evening showed us all what we fear may happen.

I have no issue with Chris Webb being club president. It is an honorary position and I hope it was given with the best of intentions. My concern, in these sceptical and cynical times, is that it is a move by Ridders and Brent to sideline the person who has done more to unite the fans of Argyle then any other individual. What if things go wrong? Will Chris be able to swing back into action and lead the fans to victory again? Who knows? But we will have learnt nothing if we blindly follow Brent (however pleasant a chap he may be). We did that with Stapes and that is why we are bottom of the league.

The problem yesterday (IMHO) is the full blown "bromance" between Chris and Naps. In real life they seem very close friends. What got to Chris was the constant attacks on his mate Naps by us on ATD. He tried to delete his account himself but couldn't manage it so he asked me to do it. Over on Pasoti Naps went mental on a thread by greengenes. Ironically the thread was about how Pasoti used to be banned at HP and how far they had come (to the point where then ban mention of other sites). JV and Greenskin dared to offer a differing point of view and Naps went mental defending Chris and made libelous comments about Ricks (again) and other users of ATD. I gave up at about 10pm and surprise surprise the thread has been deleted overnight.

So what happens when the first complaints about Brent start? Answers on a postcard to.........
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:33 am

I had this feeling of Déjà vu.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 8:35 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:

So what happens when the first complaints about Brent start? Answers on a postcard to.........

Naps has his finger already hovering over the ban button wating for the first criticism of brent. This site will grow even more in numbers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:15 am

[quote="Czarcasm"]
Guest wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
Often a management ploy, offer the Union guy a post in management. Think it is a good appointment though.

What surprises me the most, is that Chris Webb has actually accepted the role. It's almost all a bit 'poacher turned gamekeeper'.

By all accounts, his first reaction was to think it all a bit elitest, which of course, would be completely natural for a trade unionist. He was then persuaded to take the role by Newell and Co. No doubt our Mr Newell's dreams of guest seats in the Directors box played a large part in his efforts to ensure Webby signed up.

The problem for Chris Webb in all of this, is that sooner or later circumstances will change, and the Brent love-in will fade - how long have previous Argyle owners/Chairman remained in vogue? Then, instead of being at the head of a strong and independent Fans Trust, he'll find himself having to defend whatever measures and constraints Brent has seen fit to implement.

That's something that should be quite alien to the Trade Union guy.

Well, you would have thought so, wouldn't you?

Without being disrespectful (but I will be) I wouldn't mind betting that I have forgotten more about Trade Unionism and defending working people than you will ever know.

Why don't you wait and see how things pan out without giving out you completely false opinion. I will be nobody near the boardroom or directors box.

I will not defend anyone for the sake of it. If something is wrong then I will speak out as I have always done. Nothing will ever change who I am.

I stood down from the Trust because I simply wanted to play a part in saving the Club. That was done so I moved on to allow someone else the chance to take the next step.

Happy to compare track records on trade unionism anytime......

Why does one need to step down from an organisation whose chief remit should be saving the club so you can save the club? Unless I've missed something.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 9:31 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:

I have no issue with Chris Webb being club president. It is an honorary position and I hope it was given with the best of intentions. My concern, in these sceptical and cynical times, is that it is a move by Ridders and Brent to sideline the person who has done more to unite the fans of Argyle then any other individual. What if things go wrong? Will Chris be able to swing back into action and lead the fans to victory again? Who knows? But we will have learnt nothing if we blindly follow Brent (however pleasant a chap he may be). We did that with Stapes and that is why we are bottom of the league.

The problem yesterday (IMHO) is the full blown "bromance" between Chris and Naps. In real life they seem very close friends. What got to Chris was the constant attacks on his mate Naps by us on ATD. He tried to delete his account himself but couldn't manage it so he asked me to do it. Over on Pasoti Naps went mental on a thread by greengenes. Ironically the thread was about how Pasoti used to be banned at HP and how far they had come (to the point where then ban mention of other sites). JV and Greenskin dared to offer a differing point of view and Naps went mental defending Chris and made libelous comments about Ricks (again) and other users of ATD. I gave up at about 10pm and surprise surprise the thread has been deleted overnight.

Thanks for being the trusted link between the two forums/ factions Frank. It can't be easy when you have to largely suppress your own views.

Newell 'going mental' then deleting all evidence would appear to be par for the course. It is his unhealthy control over Pasoti that imo has led to this particular division in the club's support. Long standing fans no longer wish to get involved on Pasoti, here, or anywhere else, because of the unpleasantness he himself has created over the years, in his quest for dominance.Newcomers are similarly put off because they don't understand 'the history'.
The two most common nicknames for the forums ie Animal Farm & The Naughty Step, would appear to perfectly illustrate how each is viewed by the other and therein is the reason there cannot be unity, strength , growth and vision.
I take full responsibility for much of the angst and bitterness. Most of the 'handles' that annoy Newell and co are my creations.It is true that few of us on here have been actually banned from Pasoti, so a growing number of our members are simply interested in some , if not all, of what we say. Many keep a membership on both forums.
Personally speaking, I enjoy going after anything or anyone I regard as being a bully or essentially corrupt.
I took umbrage at being denied a voice on Pasoti for no other reason than being able to predict correctly, what was coming next in the Argyle story. Newell and co didn't want to listen to my warnings and name calling followed on both sides. The fact that I admitted that I could hardly bear to attend matches and witness first hand the complacency and our ultimate demise, made me 'not a proper fan' and I should F off and support Man U ! Naturally, I was eliminated. Red rag to a bull or what ?
It continued on the old Argyle Talk where even the use of the word Pasoti became an offence for a while, due to the unhealthy control exerted over AT admin by' others'.
Ultimately, the key holder of AT was persuaded to betray the paying membership and allowed secret access to admin and personal details/ conversations to those who wanted the place silenced. Hence, the birth of ATD 6 months ago.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:32 am

I was correct!! The circus have elected a clown as president!!

I really hope things don't get too difficult after Christmas, you know, still rock bottom, still no investment into the playing side, debts increasing due to crowds dropping, gonna run and hide again? Hopes of turning things around down there, x 2... Bob.. and no fookin hope!!

Found... one dummy... one rattle... one soft pink pig toy... & one red clown nose... can return to the owner on request!! <chuckle>
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:55 am

Tringreen wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Thanks for being the trusted link between the two forums/ factions Frank. It can't be easy when you have to largely suppress your own views.

Newell 'going mental' then deleting all evidence would appear to be par for the course. It is his unhealthy control over Pasoti that imo has led to this particular division in the club's support. Long standing fans no longer wish to get involved on Pasoti, here, or anywhere else, because of the unpleasantness he himself has created over the years, in his quest for dominance.Newcomers are similarly put off because they don't understand 'the history'.
The two most common nicknames for the forums ie Animal Farm & The Naughty Step, would appear to perfectly illustrate how each is viewed by the other and therein is the reason there cannot be unity, strength , growth and vision.
I take full responsibility for much of the angst and bitterness. Most of the 'handles' that annoy Newell and co are my creations.It is true that few of us on here have been actually banned from Pasoti, so a growing number of our members are simply interested in some , if not all, of what we say. Many keep a membership on both forums.
Personally speaking, I enjoy going after anything or anyone I regard as being a bully or essentially corrupt.
I took umbrage at being denied a voice on Pasoti for no other reason than being able to predict correctly, what was coming next in the Argyle story. Newell and co didn't want to listen to my warnings and name calling followed on both sides. The fact that I admitted that I could hardly bear to attend matches and witness first hand the complacency and our ultimate demise, made me 'not a proper fan' and I should F off and support Man U ! Naturally, I was eliminated. Red rag to a bull or what ?
It continued on the old Argyle Talk where even the use of the word Pasoti became an offence for a while, due to the unhealthy control exerted over AT admin by' others'.
Ultimately, the key holder of AT was persuaded to betray the paying membership and allowed secret access to admin and personal details/ conversations to those who wanted the place silenced. Hence, the birth of ATD 6 months ago.

No offence but when I read your posts in my head I can hear the voice of David Icke.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 12:46 pm

droly wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

No offence but when I read your posts in my head I can hear the voice of David Icke.

I get David Coleman affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New President   New President - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

New President
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next