Fresh-Prince
Freathy
greensleeves
akagreengull
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Yeovil heading for the Championship? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 5:37 pm

As if the likes of Newell and Jones have never supported other clubs. Most of my school friends took up supporting the clubs of their university town while they were there. Why wouldn't you support, say, Peter Shilton and Frank Worthington, when you are in Leicester studying, and are a big fan of football ?
Too many parochial bitter super fans trying to dominate the agenda. Laughable and hypocritical.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 6:18 pm

Well done to them but for others reasons I wanted Brentford to get there. Will be interesting to see how they get on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 9:46 pm

I watched Yeovil's results and them nearly getting promoted from the Conference for a few years and was really pleased for them when they got there. To get into the Championship on their resources is great and well done to all of them. I'm not sure how long they can stick there but even getting there is a great achievement.

By the way if you don't want to read posts on pasoti estolling the virtues of being little and getting promoted then don't give them the idea on here to do it.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:05 pm

a tight unit & organisation can achieve a lot in the bottom 2 divisions, different matter in the 'bear pit' that is the 2nd division.

small time get nowhere in that division - ever wondered why we never been higher than 4th...............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? - Page 2 EmptySun May 19, 2013 10:37 pm

I cant see Yeovil staying up next season at all. in fact im putting money on it now.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 12:17 pm

To be fair, Yeovil have done very well and considering how far they've overacheived thus far they may even just stay up. Two things are apparent to me though:

1) The fact that some people could offer Yeovil as a benchmark rather than say, Swansea or even Brighton is sympomatic of the small club mentality that we often have.

2) As has been pointed out, all things are in proportion. We SHOULD be much bigger and better than Yeovil. For us to overachieve to the extent that they just have would probably mean finishing top 4 in the PL in front of a 60k plus stadium.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 1:10 pm

GreenSam wrote:
To be fair, Yeovil have done very well and considering how far they've overacheived thus far they may even just stay up. Two things are apparent to me though:

1) The fact that some people could offer Yeovil as a benchmark rather than say, Swansea or even Brighton is sympomatic of the small club mentality that we often have.

2) As has been pointed out, all things are in proportion. We SHOULD be much bigger and better than Yeovil. For us to overachieve to the extent that they just have would probably mean finishing top 4 in the PL in front of a 60k plus stadium.

when you have idiots who think plymouth argyle began the day after administration (read their posts and articles carefully and you will see what i mean) the championship is the impossible dream to them hence why we are downsizing.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 1:26 pm

Very good lower league manager is Gary Johnson.

Not considered good enough for PAFC of course. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yeovil heading for the Championship?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2