akagreengull
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Yeovil heading for the Championship? Empty
PostSubject: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 2:24 pm

2 - 0 up at half time, so looks like we will have a different westcountry team in the championship, given City have gone down. Well done big Gary, the man who I would have loved to have come to H.P after leaving Northampton. Will be very interesting to see how they manage financially in the 2nd tier, providing they don't mess up in the next 45mins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 2:26 pm

akagreengull wrote:
2 - 0 up at half time, so looks like we will have a different westcountry team in the championship, given City have gone down. Well done big Gary, the man who I would have loved to have come to H.P after leaving Northampton. Will be very interesting to see how they manage financially in the 2nd tier, providing they don't mess up in the next 45mins.

Que the mini-stand lovers claiming if Yeovil can do it.......................
God give me strength
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 2:32 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

God give me strength

Yep I imagine Webb is already salivating at being able to use the Yeovil situation as justification for the mini stand at H.P Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 2:38 pm

akagreengull wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

God give me strength

Yep I imagine Webb is already salivating at being able to use the Yeovil situation as justification for the mini stand at H.P Laughing

Only the terminally thick will believe that, unfortunately we have more then our fair share of brainwashed supporters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 2:57 pm

Yeovil - Huish Park capacity - 9,500 - Yeovil Population 40,000

Plymouth - Home Park capacity - 17,000 - Plymouth Population 260,000

All things relative, to compete with Yeovil we would require a Home Park with the capacity of 61,750.

Says it all really.

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:04 pm

it,s still 2-1 to Yeovil.
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:33 pm

Yep they are promoted,,,,,,,congratulations ,,,,,,,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:36 pm

What an incredible job Johnson has done, well done Yeovil.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:42 pm

Great news well done to Gary Johnson and Terry Skiverton, let's hope they don't bankrupt themselves staying in The Championship, like a certain other westcountry club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:44 pm

As expected the first few mutants are starting to emerge over on the farm, using Yeovil as a yardstick to counter the Mini-stand debate.
I refer back to Gobs post...Yeovil will be battling relegation starting from next season, mark my words.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:44 pm

Well done yeovil, achieved more in ten years than their fellow villagers ( exeter siddy, torkers) have ever achieved ,championship football bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:47 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
As expected the first few mutants are starting to emerge over on the farm, using Yeovil as a yardstick to counter the Mini-stand debate.
I refer back to Gobs post...Yeovil will be battling relegation starting from next season, mark my words.
yep the speccy nightmare and his throbbers will want us to be like yeovil, Sleep you could'nt make it up pig
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:48 pm

Congratulations Yovo! There'll be a few clubs after Gary Johnson's services in the summer. I give them one season in the Championship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 3:55 pm

I give it till tonight before Webb posts in relation to Yeovil and the Grandstand.
NAILED ON
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Prince

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 4:06 pm

If anyone tries trotting out that line then it just epitomises;
a.) how thick they are
b.) how far the Akkeron public relations bureau have gotten in their campaign to stunt the ambitions of Argyle supporters

Comparatively (population v population) Yeovil's ground even at their current capacity shows more ambition than Home Park Lite. Add to that that they want to increase their capacity (that's increase, not decrease) and you have a far more forward thinking outfit than we have
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 4:09 pm

I reckon the ex banker is already phoning the Yeovil chairman, to say that Huish Park would be greatly enhanced by an adjoining seven story hotel, and does he know if there is an interest in ice skating in Yeovil. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 4:52 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
I give it till tonight before Webb posts in relation to Yeovil and the Grandstand.
NAILED ON

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Didn't take long, albeit not Webb, but im sure hell be along soon
Is there anyone here that is not banned from Pyongyang that can go on there and educate these brainwashed thickos?

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 5:01 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
NAILED ON

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Didn't take long, albeit not Webb, but im sure hell be along soon
Is there anyone here that is not banned from Pyongyang that can go on there and educate these brainwashed thickos?

Downsizing from a mini stand that does not meet any form of ambition for the next 50 yrs or so.
Dumb or what albino

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 5:06 pm

Yeovil will be back down very soon. If they have a good start, their management and best players will be picked off.

They haven't got a prayer.

Good luck to them though.
Back to top Go down
Fresh-Prince

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 5:12 pm

Christ Almighty.
People genuinely are trying to compare Yeovil, a town of 40,000 with Plymouth.
Jesus the Akkeron marketing team that they installed there really have done a job on them haven't they?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 5:12 pm

As I only live 6 miles from their ground I have been to quite a few games over there - it is beyond belief this achievment and the fans that I know and drink with are as ardent as any of ours albeit smaller numbers!! Well done Glovers!! cheers
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 5:15 pm

You wont have far too travel then to watch CCC football,and I wouldn't blame you in the slightest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 5:22 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
As I only live 6 miles from their ground I have been to quite a few games over there - it is beyond belief this achievment and the fans that I know and drink with are as ardent as any of ours albeit smaller numbers!! Well done Glovers!! cheers

I dont blame you for supporting Yeovil . If Brenty boy gets his way then L1 will be our ceiling as no new fans will come due to the lack of ambition.
Comparing Argyle to Yeovil is utter utter madness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 5:29 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
That un-walleted Peter Jones character won't like that Bandy. Very Happy
Welcome to ATD by the way, I always liked your input across the road when I was daft enough to post there, but then there was little option. there is now.

Yeovil could well stay there as long as we did last time. plenty of small clubs have managed it. It will be down to their club and whether it intends to stick with it's present successful feel. Johnson is the man and the one who got it all going a few years back. I always regret he went to Bristol, and not here. His first Yeovil team played great entertaining football.
Tringy says they'll be picked off fairly quickly. I just don't know where that logic of despair ends. It's purely that of big boys always win. Well, maybe people forget Wimbledon and their rise, and the many small clubs that have punched above their weight. As many formerly big clubs have fallen, as small clubs have risen. It's all about a club ethic, united effort, and the people involved. Sadly we don't score too highly on that front at the moment, and property nonsense continues to dominate everything at Home Park. It might as well still be Todd and Gardner.

Last edited by worried of penzance on Sun May 19, 2013 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? EmptySun May 19, 2013 5:30 pm

To be fair lads, I would find it hard to support them - Argyle will always be my club, even if the Stazifest make me stay away if they slip in!! I did also mention Spurs but it was a flurtation that could not replace the city where I was born!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yeovil heading for the Championship?   Yeovil heading for the Championship? Empty

Back to top Go down

Yeovil heading for the Championship?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next