Han Solos Other Ship
Damon.Lenszner
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
green_genie

green_genie

Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 12:28 am

From James Brent in the Herald today.

Quote :
"We free up room at the Pavilions for commercial development.

"If we have high quality facilities here (Higher Home Park), and a four-star hotel in the city, it will benefit because more people are coming to the city. It's all linked."

Exactly. It's a £130M development. You can afford to do it right.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 6:22 am

greensleeves wrote:
no to flight simulators nor sex and travel ...i'm here and you're going to have to get used to me.or press your ignore button...your choice.

It's a pity Pasoti is not democratic, or grown up enough to offer the same free speech, dear boy.

In fact, it was the refusal to listen to words of wisdom and vision emanating from yours truly and a few others, that started the online unpleasantness in the first place.
That's the main problem with Newell and co. If they don't have things all their own way, they take their ball and go home, like all bullies.

They don't possess the intellect or tolerance for debate, or even humour and are so insular and self promoting that any non Aviva types must be marginalised or silenced. The depths they will and have plumbed to discredit others is most revealing of their true lack of class and character.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 6:39 am

Sensiblegreeny

Subject: Re: Akkeron response to WG Today at 12:39 am
As Tring predicted it and is never wrong here I am to join in once again. (Oh feck I hear)/

"Did I ever complain when I was hounded on pasoti". Tring old son you have done nothing but complain over and over. You were right and you were hounded off and banned has been your cry ever since I first came onto this site. You aren't alone in that either with other posters crying the same. Do you keep files on people incidentally? Somebody needs a bit of a boot and you come up with a post from a year or so ago. You did the same with me by going into another website to tell everyone how many posts I had made there and what my points tally was etc. That's a bit creepy really and slightly resembles stalking.
......................................................................... Couldn't read any more.

What a farcical response boringbloke. I only read this paragraph because I saw that I was mentioned. You have once again completely missed the point and I don't have the strength to engage you further, other than to say that it only takes a few minutes to go to memberlist and look up posting histories to see where people are coming from.
It is often most revealing, as in the case of Zyph.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 7:37 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
do you really think that a ground with a cap near 18k, including a sexy new money spinning stand, is something to be sniffed at by a club without a pot to pith in ?
Tizzy, Argyle don't own the ground, they're tenants, and have every right to expect the modern fit for purpose stadium they were promised by their landlords years ago.. or do you think tenants should have no rights at all and be grateful for every crumb thrown to them. The Council would be up Stonehouse creek without a paddle if the club were to leave Central Park. To use the cover of a rebuild to reduce the size of their accommodation and sell off great chunks of their existing stadium footprint to any old crass food chain is akin to the property version of constructive dismissal. One would have thought, that having regained control of the land in question, the Council would have learned their lesson from the Stapleton/Todd/Gardener disaster with what happens when you give over public land to private hands, yet they seem hell bent on doing exactly that all over again.

If you believe what The City Council clearly stated during the club's administration, this new build, and in fact the whole rescue package, was a joint bid. It was not of the private sector alone, as you seem to think.
Other Councils up and down the country have contributed to fine new stadia for their headline football club. The stadium is a city asset. If they're going to do it, do it right for once.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:20 am

Tringreen said..."it is often most revealing,as in the case of ZYPH".

You obviously keep files on everyone that posts on here Trin.

Good grief it must be dodgy being a mate of yours........you remind me of an Andy Capp cartoon from years back......"Florrie answers Andy back......and Andy reminded Florrie that it wasn't the first time she had done that..........she had done it once years back as well".

So you zero in on a comment that I made after meeting James Brent at the PASALB Christmas meeting Nov 2011 (not long after he had taken over) I heard him share his views on Argyle, and after the main meeting broke up he was happy to talk with anyone who had a question to ask as we stood around in small groups.

That was 18 months back.....since I have taken note of what he has been saying over the months.....some things I agree with some things I am not so sure about.......but I certainly don't take on board the warped reasoning that you spew out Trin all day, all month, all year.....you need to be careful Trin your hate will eventually eat you up and you will be the only loser.

In the meanwhile I see PAFC in a stronger place than 18 months ago.....it took James Brent too long personally to move Carl Fletcher on.......Brent showed signs of being loyal.....hardly a cardinal sin in this day and age...when managers can get sacked for coming only second in the Premiership and FA Cup and also winning the Europa Final plus qualifying for next years European Cup.

I shall say whatever I feel needs saying and if you don't like it then you can always rant a rave.....oh you'll do that anyway of course .

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:27 am

A stronger place and you're worried about Health and Safety and the cost of a mini roundabout Zyph? lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:29 am

Bore off Zyph........

Zyph:
Iggy........Have you personally met and talked to James Brent....I have..... and your comment about asset stripping is so out of order that it is beyond belief...that is not Brent's style at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:37 am

Tring was pointing out that you had taken a position on this argument last year and refuse to change it as facts, actions and positions change over that time frame, it was backed up by your posting history that is freely available. I agree with Tring that you have a very Brent centric view point on all this, and it's one that I don't understand. I will be happy to engage in further debate on the stand, but this one I am out of having made my views known.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:38 am

Trin do you sit there all day with your twitching fingers just waiting to spew out trinny bile.....you seem to be a real sad person, try to enjoy life without having to hate someone all the time.....just relax and count your blessings for once.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:39 am

Tringreen wrote:
Bore off Zyph........

Zyph:
Iggy........Have you personally met and talked to James Brent....I have..... and your comment about asset stripping is so out of order that it is beyond belief...that is not Brent's style at all.

Brents is not a asset striper but he does buy things on the cheap and spends as little as possible. Then sells it on for a large profit. Which is ok when buying up struggling companies but not when its a footy team.

Ps I've Brent twice and looked him in the eyes but I still dont trust him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:40 am

Iggy.....I'm sure Trin can speak for himself....just calm down please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:40 am

You seem to be trolling for confrontation with every post Zyph which in turn is hindering debate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:44 am

Gob.....amazing comment....these people live on confrontation......they just need feeding now and again.....it will be a poorer site if everyone agreed with them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:45 am

Agreed, hence the Block section.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:57 am

lawnmowerman wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Bore off Zyph........

Zyph:

Brents is not a asset striper but he does buy things on the cheap and spends as little as possible. Then sells it on for a large profit. Which is ok when buying up struggling companies but not when its a footy team.

Ps I've Brent twice and looked him in the eyes but I still dont trust him.

I too have looked JB in the eye, met him on numerous occasions but don't 'know' him so can't trust him.

In terms of making a profit well we know he's very good at it - and fair play to him. But it's his way of trampling over people that gets me. The staff and the fans are not as important as making money. If being rich is about shitting on people then leave me poor.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:57 am

ZYPH wrote:
Trin do you sit there all day with your twitching fingers just waiting to spew out trinny bile.....you seem to be a real sad person, try to enjoy life without having to hate someone all the time.....just relax and count your blessings for once.

I'm sitting in the sun right now dear boy . I just don't suffer fools gladly and want the best for PAFC.

You may be satisfied with tinpot football in a tinpot stadium for England's 13th largest city club but I'm not.

The combination of trusting fools and self promoting control freaks, is any asset stripper's dream.

This club has them in abundance.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:58 am

ZYPH wrote:
Gob.....amazing comment....these people live on confrontation......they just need feeding now and again.....it will be a poorer site if everyone agreed with them.

Hello comma
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:02 am

Happy Daze wrote:
ZYPH wrote:

Hello comma

There full stops actually.....commas have a squiggly bit like this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:05 am

Ok I do know what a comma looks like thanks so as you are being a bit thick I will rephrase.

Hello Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:08 am

Tringreen wrote:
Bore off Zyph........

Zyph:

Calm as a cucumber mate, now I know I said that I was going to keep out of this but let's have one last go here,
You made the statement about Brent highlighted above?
Now that Brent has asset stripped the club, down to having a school in the corner, retail units underneath and pinched half the room at the back of the stand for the ice rink/access roads, do you think that maybe you judged Brent rightly or wrongly?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:21 am

Happy Daze wrote:
Ok I do know what a comma looks like thanks so as you are being a bit thick I will rephrase.

Hello Mike

I'm sorry if I'm being a bit thick........but who is Mike ???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:23 am

Iggy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Bore off Zyph........

Zyph:

Calm as a cucumber mate, now I know I said that I was going to keep out of this but let's have one last go here,
Now that Brent has asset stripped the club, down to having a school in the corner, retail units underneath and pinched half the room at the back of the stand for the ice rink/access roads, do you think that maybe you judged Brent rightly or wrongly?

Bump, only you seem to have missed this one. flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:28 am

Iggy wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Bore off Zyph........

Zyph:

Too early to agree with you that he is asset stripping the club.....retail units would be standard for such a development....always gives and take when such a development takes place.....especially when your future new stand costs the club nothing....and so soon after administration amazing.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:36 am

ZYPH wrote:
Too early to agree with you that he is asset stripping the club.....retail units would be standard for such a development....always gives and take when such a development takes place.....especially when your future new stand costs the club nothing....and so soon after administration amazing.

This keeps getting trotted out as if we should be doffing our caps to the fine gentleman for his largesse.

It's only 'free' because that's part of the deal that allows the rest of HHP to be developed, for crying out loud.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:47 am

I'm glad it's trotted out, it reminds me that it's the Plymouth Council Tax payers that are paying for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Akkeron response to WG
Page 8 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next