Flat_Track_Bully
Dougie
Han Solos Other Ship
Damon.Lenszner
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
AuthorMessage

Akkeron response to WG - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 16 EmptySun May 19, 2013 5:06 pm

One thing that keeps coming up in my mind is how little you get for £10mill - what's going on internally, gold taps or summit? I'm also wondering if things like the road are being lumbered on our portion of the build - my take on this mess has always been that this build has got give us 20k or don't bother!! Sad
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 16 EmptySun May 19, 2013 5:20 pm

r gyle wrote:
Concentrate on TEAM and results first.
Then bring in plans to rebuild Grandstand!

But this was the crux of all those 100 page arguments which split the fanbase [and possibly the directorship] back in the CCC days.At the time i would have wholeheartedly agreed with you but the present circumstances would seem to be a golden opportunity to put those arguments to bed once and for all and ensure that in future club policy is geared solely towards team matters.I guess if the current proposals stay as they are,then i would rather they didn't go through and we maintained the status quo,ideally bolting the seats back onto the Mayflower terracing if neeed, but i don't think it's going to happen and either way,i don't think it will affect the playing budget at all.Sad state of affairs all round yet so typical of the myopic and tunnel visioned thinking that has held the club back since time immemorial.Do it properly or not at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 16 EmptySun May 19, 2013 5:21 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
One thing that keeps coming up in my mind is how little you get for £10mill - what's going on internally, gold taps or summit? I'm also wondering if things like the road are being lumbered on our portion of the build - my take on this mess has always been that this build has got give us 20k or don't bother!! Sad

I expect clearing the old stand away and preparing the site will cost a good proportion of that £10m
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 16 EmptySun May 19, 2013 5:29 pm

worried of penzance wrote:
Well at some stage we have to have public protests and a media campaign. We will see then if Plymouthians will enter into the fray. We might be pleasantly surprised how many object to these half baked and poorly funded proposals. There will be other strong interests in the city objecting for all sorts of reasons that affect them. Planning is littered with thousands of shelved projects that were supposedly a dead cert due to the right public pressure at the right time.

I have been quite surprised at how generally people dislike the contempt that Brent has for them and their park by acting as he has. Someone with literacy skills should be creating a nice little pamphlet telling the stories of the corrupt shenanigans that Brent's close associates have been up to and the close ties that one or two seem to have with a couple of local politicians so as to push this deal through, it gets peoples backs up and bingo, you have your refusal!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Akkeron response to WG   Akkeron response to WG - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Akkeron response to WG
Page 16 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16