HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brent meeting announcement

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Brent meeting announcement Empty
PostSubject: Brent meeting announcement   Brent meeting announcement EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Has lunch finished yet ?

Yes, we have puff of white smoke...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

People,

James Brent has asked me (IJN) to post this brief note:-

'A number of members of the previous 'Contingency Planning Committee' met on Friday 4th November 2011. Present were Chris Webb, Graham Clark, Peter Jones, Ian de Lar, Ian Newell, Lee Jameson, Gareth Nicholson and James Brent.

The primary purpose of the meeting was to explore ways of better involving the Green Army in the Club's governance going forward. The meeting was very constructive and a number of alternatives were debated. James agreed to take away the opinions expressed and develop a proposal. This will be presented to fans at a meeting to be arranged.

ENDS. '

Kind regards
James

James

As a 'Green Soldier' in the Green Army, I would be very interested to know what (my) "alternatives" and the "opinions expressed" actually are!

Are we worthy?
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Brent meeting announcement   Brent meeting announcement EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 7:57 pm

Hats off to Mr Brent who now seems to be driving the process!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Brent meeting announcement   Brent meeting announcement EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:22 pm

Driving or dictating?

I would like to see his proposal first.

To be honest... He doesn't really have much option than to go down this road at least for a short while, does he?

This is all so 'feel goodish'. If he really wants to know what the fans want, then just hold a meeting every month somewhere and talk to everybody. For Exiles, Brent could use Argyle World and do a live 'internet show' taking random emails and phone calls. There is so much you could do if you really wanted to!

First thing he should do is stop hiding behind IJN and sign up to Pasoti as James Brent.

The second thing he should do is sign up to ATD and breathe in the air of a non panglossian Brent world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent meeting announcement   Brent meeting announcement EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Where was Peter Ridsdale ? One would think if the meeting was that mind blowing, our Pete would have been there. The car crash continues.
Can't wait for the football that will ensue... Freathy has it about right.
However, it takes a lot to get dumped out of the League, there are always one or two outrageously bad teams out there in this division and it is very fortunate only 2 go down. Half a million extra over and above what you are being advised should do it Brent.
As to this rag tag bunch of bucketeers who are wanting to deliver the fanbase and their investment on a plate, I'm just enjoying the spectacle... it's a hoot... would love to see their business plan and the projected sales.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent meeting announcement   Brent meeting announcement EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:05 pm

I have a great idea, why doesn't somebody start a Trust?................................Oh, hang on a minute!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent meeting announcement   Brent meeting announcement EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 1:08 am

"PANGLOSSIAN"!! How many times would you see that on a football forum!? Takes me back to my 6th form days!

And, more importantly, you're right.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent meeting announcement   Brent meeting announcement EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 7:26 am

penzancepirate wrote:
Where was Peter Ridsdale ? One would think if the meeting was that mind blowing, our Pete would have been there. The car crash continues.
Can't wait for the football that will ensue... Freathy has it about right.
However, it takes a lot to get dumped out of the League, there are always one or two outrageously bad teams out there in this division and it is very fortunate only 2 go down. Half a million extra over and above what you are being advised should do it Brent.
As to this rag tag bunch of bucketeers who are wanting to deliver the fanbase and their investment on a plate, I'm just enjoying the spectacle... it's a hoot... would love to see their business plan and the projected sales.

In the words of Peter Jones,
' The product is poor, the salesmen are basic with a history of appalling judgement, so I'm not going to invest. I'm out.'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent meeting announcement   Brent meeting announcement EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 9:40 am

I think it's official now, the Pasoti Trust is dead, long live the Pasoti CPers.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent meeting announcement   Brent meeting announcement EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 9:52 am

Never thought I'd say it................. but an excellent post by Baba.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I really do believe that if the Trust stands on its own feet and promotes itself correctly it will become the elected voice of Argyle supporters and will have a mandate of several thousand members.
Clearly, it is crucial that the officials are able and willing to promote the Trust to a wider audience through leaflets and membership drives at every match etc. and through its own messageboard. Volunteers can be sought to help with the essential footwork work through the board.
The only reason for being, that the Trust has to give at the moment, is to be THE voice of the fans with the owners of the club. Strength in numbers. Who knows when it will be needed again in a crisis or how involved it could ultimately become in helping to steer the direction of the club.

Vitally, with how close we recently came to disaster, now is the best time to act and act with a simple mission statement. More detailed plans can wait and will evolve naturally.

The message for now is................ THE ARGYLE TRUST IS FOR LIFE . JOIN THE ARGYLE FAMILY TODAY AND ENSURE A GREEN ARMY TOMORROW !

Christ! I've even sold it to myself ! lol!

Last edited by Tringreen on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:47 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent meeting announcement   Brent meeting announcement EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 10:20 am

The problem is, it's too late!

The Pasoti Trust no longer have a cause to fight so most will see it as a pointless quango. I know there's plenty of arguments to retain a Trust but most will not see things that way and the Trust will bounce along unnoticed, without influence and without a worthwhile mandate.

The politics will be interesting though, now things have pretty much come to a conclusion. Over the months we'll see the revenge attacks start, I wouldn't be surprised to see Posty hounded until he returns to Vital and when Jones takes up his position and gives one or two the cold shoulder he'll be in the firing range again. If you can put to one side the "I've got a good song for Saturday" mentality then Pasoti could become an interesting read as the desperate struggle for Boardroom approval begins.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent meeting announcement   Brent meeting announcement EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 10:34 am

I don't think it's too late. The message just has to be simple and they need to be out there, visible with that clear statement of intent. Their own website with forum is essential to enable fans to engage .
All fans are aware of the recent traumas. A unifying Trust would be a constant reminder of how we need to have a permanent, democratic and strong representation at the club. Not a handful of self styled superfans who are unelected.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent meeting announcement   Brent meeting announcement EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 10:54 am

Who gives the clear message, what is the message, who are the Trust and why is the Trust in existence?

I think if you asked most people who the Trust leader is they would say Ian Newell even though he's nothing to do with the Trust. For a change I'm not knocking the guy for that but he was the first one to grab the limelight and where all others have dropped out of the limelight, he still remains.

Like it or lump it, rightly or wrongly, Ian Newell is the Trust. For someone to make the Trust worthwhile they must take the limelight from Ian Newell and for the Trust to grab the limelight they must take it from Pasoti. Can anyone see Ian Newell allowing that to happen considering the control he has on the largest Argyle fans forum?

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent meeting announcement   Brent meeting announcement EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 11:11 am

GOB wrote:
Who gives the clear message, what is the message, who are the Trust and why is the Trust in existence?

I think if you asked most people who the Trust leader is they would say Ian Newell even though he's nothing to do with the Trust. For a change I'm not knocking the guy for that but he was the first one to grab the limelight and where all others have dropped out of the limelight, he still remains.

Like it or lump it, rightly or wrongly, Ian Newell is the Trust. For someone to make the Trust worthwhile they must take the limelight from Ian Newell and for the Trust to grab the limelight they must take it from Pasoti. Can anyone see Ian Newell allowing that to happen considering the control he has on the largest Argyle fans forum?

Well it looks like it's down to Woz to get the message across. He appears to be liked by all, so a simple message as I outlined earlier, shouldn't be that difficult to promote at the ground/ fanfests etc. ?
Can't see Newell or anyone else publicly rubbishing it.
There does however, have to be real desire to make it work. Haven't heard a thing from anyone else on the temporary Trust committee ?

Wozzer........... simple mission statement..........website well promoted with messageboard........stalls set up at matches etc ???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent meeting announcement   Brent meeting announcement EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 11:26 am

Don't know Wozzer but I've read his post for years and he seems not to need to sarcasm or insults to make a point so I'm guessing he's a decent enough fella.

There's a common line here...Webb - Ian's mate......Wozzer - Ian's mate, it's quite a long list!

The Trust will be allowed gain limited status, but nobody will be given enough space to outshine Ian Newell or his Pasoti, rendering the Trust as useless.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent meeting announcement   Brent meeting announcement EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 11:42 am

GOB wrote:
Don't know Wozzer but I've read his post for years and he seems not to need to sarcasm or insults to make a point so I'm guessing he's a decent enough fella.

There's a common line here...Webb - Ian's mate......Wozzer - Ian's mate, it's quite a long list!

The Trust will be allowed gain limited status, but nobody will be given enough space to outshine Ian Newell or his Pasoti, rendering the Trust as useless.

Sadly, you are probably correct.

Oh well, here's to the next 100 years of eternal mediocrity. No doubt it will all be down to apathetic janners, not thick janners Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent meeting announcement   Brent meeting announcement EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 11:44 am

I think there's hope Tring, but I doubt it'll come by way of the Internet, even Pasoti in the big scheme of things is tiny.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Brent meeting announcement   Brent meeting announcement EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 12:59 pm

I think in order for the Trust to prosper it needs to become a tangible entity, it needs to move away from the Internet and become about the fans and the people running it. The Trust leaders need to be real people not just user names on a messageboard. How many people knew any other name from the Trust apart from Chris Webb? If asked how many people would say the Trust saved the club rather than Chris? That's not knocking the bloke but I think the Trust's role became lost in the cult of personality.

A high profile at matches should be the priority put faces to names, set up by the turnstiles let 7000 fans see the Trust every match day. Have a very clear message that they are the same as us, ordinary fans who want the club to prosper. They must be separate from the club and be accountable to their members.

Please excuse any typos but I'm on my phone sat on my sofa eating my lunch. (Just for old times sake) lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent meeting announcement   Brent meeting announcement Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent meeting announcement
Page 1 of 1