Tringreen
Rickler
Peter Ryan
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Peter Ryan

James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September Empty
PostSubject: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 3:25 pm

Early notice that James Brent has kindly accepted to attend a meeting arranged by PACSA at Bodmin Town FC, on Thursday 25th September, at 7:30pm.

All PAFC supporters will be welcome and guests too. Entrance is free for PACSA members and a small donation will be requested of non members/visitors from east of the Tamar - or you can join instead for a mere tenner!

More about the format of the meeting in due course.

Parking at BTFC is easy; simply drive through the town car park and around to the clubhouse where there are plenty of free parking spaces. The venue has full disabled access.

Location details here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... lub/FindUs

Mods: please sticky - thanks!

Peter Ryan for the PACSA Committee.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 5:54 am

Well done!  I hope it goes well. Any chance of a video taping and a posting to YouTube?

Imho, everything really depends on the type of question asked, and scrutiny of the given answers.  So far with the notable exception of Graham Clark, that process has been largely lacking.

But once again..  Good luck!

Last edited by Rickler on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 6:12 am

Rickler wrote:
Well done!  I hope it goes well. Any chance of a video taping and a posting to youTube?

Imho, everything really depends on the type of question asked, and scrutiny of the given answers.  So far with the notable exception of Graham Clark, that process has been largely lacking.

But once again..  Good luck!

No doubt his minders will be there too :Zzzzzzz:
Back to top Go down
Peter Ryan

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 9:22 am

One general point in response to a questions asked on PASOTI whether questions from people who can't attend could be submitted and the asked at the meeting: We did foresee that this could be an opportunity for all supporters, not just Cornish ones, hence the open invitation. I am fairly sure that we can organise a method by which questions from people being unable to attend, be they from Plymouth or further afield, can be asked of James. I'll get back to you when I have checked with t' Committee!

Regarding Rickler's question whether or not the meeting can be recorded and posted on You Tube. I need to look into that - it would require James's permission firstly and then a little bit of technical assistance but it is not rocket science I expect. Again, give me a bit of time and I'll respond on that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 10:56 am

A great idea for those who can't attend. If it is filmed please be sure to keep the camera zoomed in and firmly focused on James's bottom lip during questioning. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 1:02 pm

Thanks for posting this Peter (and for your responses), and it would be great it those further afield could ask questions. Good luck with it.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 6:38 pm

Just have one guess who is not happy with 'non-attendee' questions being asked.

Why it's PASCA's newest member... The xenophobic idiot.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 10:17 pm

While understanding PACSA wanting to have the majority of questions asked from the floor, Graham Clark is right, this might be the only time fans get to ask pertinent questions for a while. I thought about going but it means changing a shift for a 2.5 hour round trip but there are some questions that do need answers. Whether answers to those questions are forthcoming is an entirely different question.

I'm sure someone from PACSA will take some notes and inform the fan base of any interesting developments. There won't be any need for minutes for a start will there. Wink

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 10:23 pm

No questions will be answered.....only sidestepped as usual.

And if the sidestepping starts so should the heckling.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 7:46 am

A picture is worth a thousand words.  This meeting really begs to be videotaped and posted on YouTube and then everyone can make their own mind up by evaluating what was said with their own eyes and ears.

James Brent allowed it before, it would be very telling if he didn't allow it again.

As for the question format...  Only an idiot like Newell doesn't understand that the true value of something like this rests with the quality of the questions being asked, not the person who is asking them!

A bunch of his mates who he is likely to endorse to "probe", are probably not going to ask a single question I am interested in.  However...  There are plenty on this site who probably (unfortunately imho) won't be going, who I know would do a fine job of asking several question that I would love to hear Brent answer.

I'm an atheist, but even I am praying to God that Graham Clark is going to be there, and that PASCA give him all the floor time he wants!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 9:13 am

What possible reason has Nool got for being a member of PACSA?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 5:51 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
What possible reason has Nool got for being a member of PACSA?

No show without Punch, his endorsement legitimises PACSA as a "proper" supporters organisation. I hope they are suitably grateful.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 6:46 am

Fast forward and now, after the AFT's statement...  This meeting should be very interesting!

Will it even take place with Brent in attendance?

PS.  I am not so sure this thread is being done any favours by being 'stickied'.  I think most posters are missing it at the top of the page.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 10:22 am

Are PASCA going to get an exclusive ahead of SFD's rumour that Friday is announcement day?

Surely someone is going to ask James Brent the direct question?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 11:30 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
Are PASCA going to get an exclusive ahead of SFD's rumour that Friday is announcement day?

Surely someone is going to ask James Brent the direct question?

nahh its more staged than oliver twist at the theatre
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:10 am

anyone from ATD attending , and if so will we be getting a live stream ? bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Peter Ryan

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 10:43 pm

A few notes from tonight’s meeting – anyone else who was there, please add, amend as you see fit… about 25 attendees and PACSA made a few bob too, which was nice.
Meeting was ably chaired by John Simmonds, PACSA Vice Chair.
John S opened the meeting at 7:30pm and asked James to make some intro remarks, then invited Q&A until around 9:00 pm, then a raffle.

James’s intro remarks:
1. There will be an open Fans’ meeting on 25th October and a general update and Q&A wil be held then – a bit hamstrung by what he could say today.
2. Players – new signing Bobby Reid, injuries to Reuben Reid and Peter Hartley may make them miss Saturday at Accrington but not long term problems.
3. Two major corporate announcements to be made soon – good news for the club, as follows (there was more on these issue in the Q&A).
a. Legacy position – related to balloon payments due by October 2016 due tomorrow or Monday.
b. The new stand – due over the next couple of months. JB said he was reticent to make comments that created commitments that could then not be met.
4. He was keen to reiterate his commitment to, and passion for, the club, however noting that if a better owner (one who could take the club forward more effectively and faster) emerged, he would have no qualms about handing over the reins, but he is not wanting and doesn’t expect to sell the club.
5. He also reiterated the key to success on the pitch remains financial sustainability, while the long term aim of reaching the upper leagues remains.

Q&A:
Q: With the Bretonside development, it might appear that the City Council is working against you.
JB: Bretonside is a challenge, Plymouth does not need three multiplexes – the bottom line is that he does not want conflict between PAFC and PCC.

Q: How do you feel you are doing against the previously stated three objectives (from PACSA meeting in Launceston back in 2012), relating to progress on the pitch, better facilities for fans and treating fans as customers?
JB: With our budget last year (top 7-9 in the Division) and this, (similar) we should be looking to go up. We are investing in a good squad and things are looking up. Facilities and customer issues strongly tied up with the Grandstand but improvements being made in existing facilities where possible (see for example the family area). JB drew a parallel with Swansea in terms of style (of facilities for fans and of quality of football) as aspirations for us, we need to continue to create a virtuous circle he said.

Q: When will the new stand be built.
JB: It will take nine months after construction starts but there is an asbestos removal issue that needs to be done first – making it look like nothing is being done even after Grandstand fans are moved out. We are now looking to deliver the grandstand first - bringing its phasing forward relative to other development elements and are working to achieve that. It is this phasing that will form the basis of the announcement referred to above (to be made within a couple of months).

Q: It appears that the Grandstand is drifting, that the scale of HHP development is now acting as an impediment to Grandstand progress in some ways. Are there ways to stop the “drift”, e.g. through new partnerships, better use of existing ones (esp. with PCC), and if any changes in these arrangements are made, can this give the opportunity for making the Grandstand design better?
JB: We are very much looking to simplify the Grandstand process – this is our Plan B. Investors remain very keen to fund leisure development (esp. as the bottom has fallen out of retail), so it isn’t a matter of needing to attract additional funds for the capital but of filling spaces. Simplifying the Grandstand process (and relatively fast tracking it) is the aim and it may well allow for some elements of the design to be improved. JB further noted that it is the cinema which drives the development finance.

Q: Stewarding problems in the Lyndhurst with stewards directing people away from some exits. Discussion among meeting attendees about when the happened, during and after matches.
JB: Undertook to look into the issue.

Q: Location of coach parking unsatisfactory.
JB: Undertook to look into the issue.

Q: Plymouth Albion as tenants?
JB: We have good relations with them but are not discussing this issue.

Q: Have we still got a licence for four concerts a year at HP?
JB: Yes but we are hoping HP will be a building site for a summer…

Q: How will you fund the balloon payments and what happens if you can’t? And how much is it?
JB: Can’t give you a direct answer, this is what the announcement will be about tomorrow or Monday. Very confident that payment will be made, but for info, non-payment is same as for any corporate debt. How much? At this stage, approx £1.4 to £1.6m after paying off around £2m.

Q: How do we report attendances?
JB: The standard is to report sold seats (i.e. including ST holders who do not come); PAFC applies this standard.

Q: What is your position on safe standing?
JB: If it was a (legal) option and if fans were in support, then we would do it. PAFC will support petitions for safe standing (JB noted it gives better market differentiation and so will help attendances etc).

Q: Problem of some clubs charging away fans more than home fans.
JB: Clubs are not allowed to do so – for similar accommodation, although they are allowed to do up to four (?) discounted games for home supporters per season. Argyle does not a=charge away fans more and won’t.

Q: Where do you stand on League 3 Proposal?
JB: Against. JB said he was surprised that someone as bright as Greg Dyke would come up with such an idea and thought it could never happen.

Q: Is football top heavy (PL Money).
JB: Yes and should be regulated better.

Q: Conor Hourihane. could/should we have kept him.
JB: We didn’t want him to go but he was adamant he wanted to leave and pressed very hard to do so. We negotiated hard with Barnsley (their first offer was a mere 50k) and got every penny we wanted including significant add ons.

I think there was another question but I forgot to write it down!

Errors and omissions down to me.
Cheers, Peter Ryan.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 10:48 pm

Thanks Peter!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 10:50 pm

Thanks for the report Peter.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:12 pm

Thanks for the report Peter.

"Bretonside is a challenge, Plymouth does not need three multiplexes"

"We are now looking to deliver the grandstand first - bringing its phasing forward relative to other development elements and are working to achieve that. It is this phasing that will form the basis of the announcement referred to above "

"We are very much looking to simplify the Grandstand process – this is our Plan B. Investors remain very keen to fund leisure development (esp. as the bottom has fallen out of retail), so it isn’t a matter of needing to attract additional funds for the capital but of filling spaces. Simplifying the Grandstand process (and relatively fast tracking it) is the aim and it may well allow for some elements of the design to be improved. JB further noted that it is the cinema which drives the development finance."

Educated guess that PCC will part fund the grandstand with input from Akkeron leasing units on ground floor and Akkeron will take over if they can secure funding for HHP, but that would look to be dependant on Bretonside not happening given statements in bold, and that looks like an excuse given Odeon have been on board for 18 months and the "funding partners".for Ice Rink, Car Park, Hotel, Studio School (RIP), Dental Practice and 13 retail/leisure unts remain onknown.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Meeting with Brent & Cornish fans   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 7:01 am

Sounds like the cinema is being used as the financial linchpin to blame it all on - but much to read between the lines!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

by djg145

Q&A:
Q: With the Bretonside development, it might appear that the City Council is working against you.
JB: Bretonside is a challenge, Plymouth does not need three multiplexes – the bottom line is that he does not want conflict between PAFC and PCC.

Q: It appears that the Grandstand is drifting, that the scale of HHP development is now acting as an impediment to Grandstand progress in some ways. Are there ways to stop the “drift”, e.g. through new partnerships, better use of existing ones (esp. with PCC), and if any changes in these arrangements are made, can this give the opportunity for making the Grandstand design better?
JB: We are very much looking to simplify the Grandstand process – this is our Plan B. Investors remain very keen to fund leisure development (esp. as the bottom has fallen out of retail), so it isn’t a matter of needing to attract additional funds for the capital but of filling spaces. Simplifying the Grandstand process (and relatively fast tracking it) is the aim and it may well allow for some elements of the design to be improved. JB further noted that it is the cinema which drives the development finance.

This initially caught my eye, so IF the Bretonside development goes ahead, including the multi-plex, that would leave the HHP project high and dry??
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:55 am

He's so transparent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 10:56 am

Fast track of the ministand, what's being done to mobilise the fan base to make sure we aren't boxed in for ever?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 4:53 pm

Looking at the equivalent thread on the Farm, Newell now refuses to believe the quote from the Herald quoting Shez about how Hourihane should have gone for 4-500k. Laughing

The direct quote, (which Greenskin points out over there) couldn't be any clearer.

We all know he's thick, he's shown that dozens of times, but when he refuses to believe 'actual quotes' because they show his mate James in a bad light he takes bafoonery to a whole new level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 6:55 am

So.........

Was any mention of the PCC loan made at this meeting?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September   James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September Empty

Back to top Go down

James Brent at PACSA meeting 25th September
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next