Freathy
Tringreen
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Build it big and they will come. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 2:08 pm

125+1 wrote:
GOB wrote:
I still believe that we have the capability of being the giant, what we lack and have always lacked is the will, desire and passion. Newell sums up the past and present directors perspective well when he says we will never see Premier football in our lifetimes. We have had and still have too many directors and owners that want to use the Club for their business promoting rather than Club promotion. It's because of the newell's of PAFC that we have never achieved top flight football.

I think your missing the key point here which is investment, you can have as much desire and passion you want but without investment you wont be moving forward in the footballing world.

People always mention the rise of Swansea, but when they got into the Championship they invested in the correct managers and players, and it didnt come cheaply, but they have a shrewd chairman there and with Martinez and Rodgers had two very good managers. Very few teams sustain themselves in the Championship let alone push for promotion without key investment usually from an owner with deep pockets.

We can be the giant but we need someone with deep pockets who is willing to invest in the football club. And i firmly believe location will always stop that from happening.

Most big money investers will always go for teams in London or the North of the country.

im Afraid we will always have the likes of Brent and others who will always look at development opportunities aswell as the club.

Which is exactly why I was a one trick pony on the farm 8yrs ago and got banned for telling them that the Stapleton led board simply had to promote the club and hopefully sell when our stock was high and we had the 16k fanbase, just itching to grow with some cash backed ambition. At the very least invite in the consortium. But no, they got greedy. I got banned for not enjoying the ride, the organic model, year on year progress, an established championship club, trust in stapes ,bollox.
By the time Holloway had built on the Pulis legacy there was still no sign of cash backed ambition, crowds were dwindling accordingly. It was so painfully obvious what was coming next with the departure of key players and staff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 2:32 pm

125+1 wrote:
GOB wrote:
I still believe that we have the capability of being the giant, what we lack and have always lacked is the will, desire and passion. Newell sums up the past and present directors perspective well when he says we will never see Premier football in our lifetimes. We have had and still have too many directors and owners that want to use the Club for their business promoting rather than Club promotion. It's because of the newell's of PAFC that we have never achieved top flight football.

I think your missing the key point here which is investment, you can have as much desire and passion you want but without investment you wont be moving forward in the footballing world.

People always mention the rise of Swansea, but when they got into the Championship they invested in the correct managers and players, and it didnt come cheaply, but they have a shrewd chairman there and with Martinez and Rodgers had two very good managers. Very few teams sustain themselves in the Championship let alone push for promotion without key investment usually from an owner with deep pockets.

We can be the giant but we need someone with deep pockets who is willing to invest in the football club. And i firmly believe location will always stop that from happening.

Most big money investers will always go for teams in London or the North of the country.

im Afraid we will always have the likes of Brent and others who will always look at development opportunities aswell as the club.

Yes you are right, I did miss out investment and shouldn't have, not in a Chelsea kinda way but a common sense Swansea kinda way.

Unfortunately and even if we are lucky enough to have a shot in the Premier after Brent has got us to the Championship, our seeds are being sown for that time in the future, today. We won't be investing in players and managers as Swansea have done, no, we will be building a new stadium at Sheepstor, apparently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 10:25 pm

125+1 wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Brent in todays Herald

Argyle's average attendance at Home Park was 7,096, which was the third highest in League Two, behind Bradford City and Rotherham United.

Brent said: "After five years of being 21st or worse, the support of the Green Army has been quite extraordinary.

"There are a lot of things I have learned, and I think there are a lot of things to really excite.

"We have got the catchment area and we have the loyalty of the Green Army, which are things that other clubs don't have.

"I think we do have a good manager in place and we have a very exciting new grandstand which will not just provide better facilities for our fans but will generate, we estimate, between £1million and £2m of additional income per year, depending on which league we are in.

"That's net income, and it will differentiate us from other clubs.

"With the size of the Green Army and their support, combined with a better stadium, we should be able to move forward with a talented manager in charge."

That'll be when we're in the Premier League then. With our closed Devonport End and capacity of 11,000.

Have i Missed Something why 11,000?, Why would the Devport end be closed

Brent says the additional income of between £1 million and £2 million depends on which league we're in. The only way we would get £2 million additional income from the stand is by being in the Premier League, and if we got to the Premier League with such a small capacity the only way to be able to compete would be with a much bigger capacity and the idea mooted for that is to build a new Devonport End during the season. That's how stupid the ideas that are spouted by some people really are.

Oh and a massive new Devonport End wouldn't affect the good people of Peverell's sea views.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Build it big and they will come.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2