Freathy
Tringreen
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Build it big and they will come. Empty
PostSubject: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptySun May 05, 2013 8:49 am

What more proof does anyone need from the following example of Hull City attendances pre and post new stadium. The KC made a statement to the region. It can be made even bigger. The people came. Hull and Argyle are so similar, yet Newell continues to say otherwise.

He really wants this boxed in mini stand. Can anyone guess why ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptySun May 05, 2013 9:00 am

X Isle's a real cnut isn't he. Someone goes to the trouble of putting together a coherent argument and all he can do is yawn.

Not long ago that tosser was bigging up Crawley.

Newell is as thick as pigshit as well. He counters the argument by saying that Hull have geographical advantages over us as they can attract players. When someone dismisses that by asking if that is the case why did they only reach the top flight in 2008 he answers by saying that Swansea have made excellent choices with their last three managers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptySun May 05, 2013 9:15 am

Absolutely no Argyle fan would want to permanently reduce the capacity of the ground to a level that we know will not sustain anything more than a very fleeting visit to the second tier and would also leave thousands locked out in FA Cup games and L2 and L1 crunch promotion games. Especially when it doesn't have to be that way! The stand is being built tiny so the banker can maximise profits for himself. I can understand why newell and webb are so behind br*nt's contemptous plans as they're part of br*nt's inner circle and there maybe some reward lined up. But there's nothing in it for the rest of the idiots who seem so desparate to see Argyle remain L2/L1 shite forever more.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptySun May 05, 2013 10:51 am

This argument about players not wanting to come here with families is crap always has been always will be.

Players will go play on the moon if a club on there is willing to pay them what they want and can match their ambitions. Players are just picky about coming to a club that thinks 21st in the league is an achievement and cant pay them a good wage.

If the stand is built then anyplans or any talk of ambition from the club will be laughed at now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptySun May 05, 2013 10:54 am

Sunderland is nearly identical to Plymouth. It's one of our twins in terms of benchmarking. They seem to be doing rather well in terms of football when compared to us.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptySun May 05, 2013 11:28 am

Sunderland have a history of success and top flight exposure, Hull and Plymouth didn't, until they built the KC Stadium and lift off commenced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptySun May 05, 2013 11:34 am

I meant Sunderland has a similar demography, economy and geography to Plymouth.

Hull were given the KC by their local council - it was a completely new build.

I'd hate to see an out of town stadium but it might be the only solution if we're ever going to be top flight. It's really not likely though.
Back to top Go down
nzgreen

nzgreen

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptySun May 05, 2013 11:35 am

Pokesdown wrote:
X Isle's a real cnut isn't he. Someone goes to the trouble of putting together a coherent argument and all he can do is yawn.

Not long ago that tosser was bigging up Crawley.

Newell is as thick as pigshit as well. He counters the argument by saying that Hull have geographical advantages over us as they can attract players. When someone dismisses that by asking if that is the case why did they only reach the top flight in 2008 he answers by saying that Swansea have made excellent choices with their last three managers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yes. A sanctimonious cnut. I bet he's got his finger stuck right up his arse whilst posting now Brent has come out all guns blazing.

Newell is a fat talking chimp-cnut.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptySun May 05, 2013 11:39 am

i think smithy is desperate to get the champagne treatment jonb got to get him on side. Its like a green Beret to him.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptySun May 05, 2013 11:55 am

hairy j wrote:

I'd hate to see an out of town stadium but it might be the only solution if we're ever going to be top flight. It's really not likely though.

But if the grandstand was built to a decent size , with room left to develop the rest of the ground by sticking the ice rink on Cottage Field, it just might send out the right message. 20k now, more to follow if we get on a roll.
Brent or someone else WILL build on Cottage Field once we're boxed in.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptySun May 05, 2013 12:09 pm

Tringreen wrote:
hairy j wrote:

But if the grandstand was built to a decent size , with room left to develop the rest of the ground by sticking the ice rink on Cottage Field, it just might send out the right message. 20k now, more to follow if we get on a roll.
Brent or someone else WILL build on Cottage Field once we're boxed in.

of course they will Tring its a foregone conclusion sooner or later cottage field will be built on and this crap about tudor evans making an election pledge to save it will be forgotten about like 70% of all election pledges made by politicians are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptyWed May 08, 2013 8:54 am

Why don't we examine the argument that we can build onto the rest of the ground when success comes, leaving out the issue of viability as I dont think that is needed here?
So Shezza gets us storming league 2 next season, crowds lift and he is given a bigger budget for league 1, we re-sign SEB and PCH scores 24 goals making him league 1 highest scorer just ahead of SEB on 22. Home park is absolutely rocking, Shezza signs on a couple of new players to augment our squad of home grown talent and wily old pro's and we steam into the CCC taking everybody by surprise as we are equal top with Manchester United at Christmas (Fergy leaving had a profound effect on them).
Ugly scenes erupt outside of Home Park when 25,000 fans turn up to watch Argyle v Accrington Stanley (who actually signed Ferguson on when he left United). Tension has been growing since we were top of league 1 with fans turning up at 10 am to get a ticket, even though Brent has doubled the prices for the big games! We need more capacity, the fans cry! JB meets with Tudor in the Brit before the game, he is carried in shoulder high along with Webb and Newell to the adoring cries of their public, "only ten Ian Newells, there's only ten Ian Newells! Anyway Brent and tudor get down to it and quickly draw up plans, the idea being an extra 25,000 seats to be built around the horseshoe or another 15,000 on the grandstand. So what do we do now?
Close the Grandstand and start our first season in the prem. with 14,500 or close the horseshoe and auction the 2,500 tickets we have available in the mini stand? Also with Shezza looking to sign David Villa and Ronaldo he ups and walks out when Brent tells him he can't sign any players was we need the prem. money for the build costs.
The next season we re sign Luggy and history Is repeated, 3 years later we are back in league two, the Ian Newell 17,500 seat grandstand is closed as is the Ian De Lar Horseshoe extension, but never mind our fans can now fit into the Worlds Only Loan Shark sponsored Demport.
I have a dream.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptyWed May 08, 2013 9:12 am

Iggy wrote:
Why don't we examine the argument that we can build onto the rest of the ground when success comes, leaving out the issue of viability as I dont think that is needed here?
So Shezza gets us storming league 2 next season, crowds lift and he is given a bigger budget for league 1, we re-sign SEB and PCH scores 24 goals making him league 1 highest scorer just ahead of SEB on 22. Home park is absolutely rocking, Shezza signs on a couple of new players to augment our squad of home grown talent and wily old pro's and we steam into the CCC taking everybody by surprise as we are equal top with Manchester United at Christmas (Fergy leaving had a profound effect on them).
Ugly scenes erupt outside of Home Park when 25,000 fans turn up to watch Argyle v Accrington Stanley (who actually signed Ferguson on when he left United). Tension has been growing since we were top of league 1 with fans turning up at 10 am to get a ticket, even though Brent has doubled the prices for the big games! We need more capacity, the fans cry! JB meets with Tudor in the Brit before the game, he is carried in shoulder high along with Webb and Newell to the adoring cries of their public, "only ten Ian Newells, there's only ten Ian Newells! Anyway Brent and tudor get down to it and quickly draw up plans, the idea being an extra 25,000 seats to be built around the horseshoe or another 15,000 on the grandstand. So what do we do now?
Close the Grandstand and start our first season in the prem. with 14,500 or close the horseshoe and auction the 2,500 tickets we have available in the mini stand? Also with Shezza looking to sign David Villa and Ronaldo he ups and walks out when Brent tells him he can't sign any players was we need the prem. money for the build costs.
The next season we re sign Luggy and history Is repeated, 3 years later we are back in league two, the Ian Newell 17,500 seat grandstand is closed as is the Ian De Lar Horseshoe extension, but never mind our fans can now fit into the Worlds Only Loan Shark sponsored Demport.
I have a dream.

I think you are right to concentrate on that for Argyle fans to ponder although I think that 99% of Argyle fans already know that Brent’s proposal isn’t a good one for the future of the Club.
There are two things that Brent will be concerned about, 1) Argyle fans carrying out a mass campaign of persuasion as happened during the Admin period and, 2) General public opinion.

1 is already being fought but there’s an awful long way to go and we all know what can be carried out via pm’s, text messages, emails etc. hence why this site is being monitored closely and the “legals” waiting to pounce on anything that hints at such a campaign.

2 is a real worry for Brent because he knows that if enough people are manoeuvred his ambitions can come tumbling down.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptyWed May 08, 2013 6:19 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Hull and Argyle are so similar, yet Newell continues to say otherwise.

Do you think he might have noticed that they will be playing Man Utd next season while you will be flexing those sleeping giant muscles against Newport, Dagenham and Accrington Stanley.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptyWed May 08, 2013 6:22 pm

and Exeter Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:34 pm

id say we're more of a comatosed giant
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptyThu May 09, 2013 4:40 pm

I still believe that we have the capability of being the giant, what we lack and have always lacked is the will, desire and passion. Newell sums up the past and present directors perspective well when he says we will never see Premier football in our lifetimes. We have had and still have too many directors and owners that want to use the Club for their business promoting rather than Club promotion. It's because of the newell's of PAFC that we have never achieved top flight football.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:59 pm

Apart from the odd blip, that sums up PAFC for me, Gob, and this latest bunch are just as bad as those before them, and the non-walleted ones involved, even worse. They wouldn't know how to run their own business if it were put on a plate for £1 .... which it has been in a convoluted unofficial way.

Norwich and Ipswich are no different in so many ways, and not even Rugby Union to get in the way. Yet they have managed it. If there's such a thing as this IJN mythical apathetic Janner, then there is the Janner with the inferiority complex. It must be embarrassing for quite a few to see such sorts calling the shots and surrendering so easily. Portents of things to come.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptyFri May 10, 2013 8:22 am

Brent in todays Herald

Argyle's average attendance at Home Park was 7,096, which was the third highest in League Two, behind Bradford City and Rotherham United.

Brent said: "After five years of being 21st or worse, the support of the Green Army has been quite extraordinary.

"There are a lot of things I have learned, and I think there are a lot of things to really excite.

"We have got the catchment area and we have the loyalty of the Green Army, which are things that other clubs don't have.

"I think we do have a good manager in place and we have a very exciting new grandstand which will not just provide better facilities for our fans but will generate, we estimate, between £1million and £2m of additional income per year, depending on which league we are in.

"That's net income, and it will differentiate us from other clubs.

"With the size of the Green Army and their support, combined with a better stadium, we should be able to move forward with a talented manager in charge."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptyFri May 10, 2013 9:20 am

So how is that income to be achieved? Sceptical doesn't even begin to describe my feeling about that statement. Also how much will the staff debt and loan repayments eat into this mythical one or two mill and for how long?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptyFri May 10, 2013 9:58 am

Tgwu wrote:
Brent in todays Herald

Argyle's average attendance at Home Park was 7,096, which was the third highest in League Two, behind Bradford City and Rotherham United.

Brent said: "After five years of being 21st or worse, the support of the Green Army has been quite extraordinary.

"There are a lot of things I have learned, and I think there are a lot of things to really excite.

"We have got the catchment area and we have the loyalty of the Green Army, which are things that other clubs don't have.

"I think we do have a good manager in place and we have a very exciting new grandstand which will not just provide better facilities for our fans but will generate, we estimate, between £1million and £2m of additional income per year, depending on which league we are in.

"With the size of the Green Army and their support, combined with a better stadium, we should be able to move forward with a talented manager in charge."

That'll be when we're in the Premier League then. With our closed Devonport End and capacity of 11,000.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:22 am

Greenjock wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Brent in todays Herald

That'll be when we're in the Premier League then. With our closed Devonport End and capacity of 11,000.

Have i Missed Something why 11,000?, Why would the Devport end be closed
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:35 am

GOB wrote:
I still believe that we have the capability of being the giant, what we lack and have always lacked is the will, desire and passion. Newell sums up the past and present directors perspective well when he says we will never see Premier football in our lifetimes. We have had and still have too many directors and owners that want to use the Club for their business promoting rather than Club promotion. It's because of the newell's of PAFC that we have never achieved top flight football.

I think your missing the key point here which is investment, you can have as much desire and passion you want but without investment you wont be moving forward in the footballing world.

People always mention the rise of Swansea, but when they got into the Championship they invested in the correct managers and players, and it didnt come cheaply, but they have a shrewd chairman there and with Martinez and Rodgers had two very good managers. Very few teams sustain themselves in the Championship let alone push for promotion without key investment usually from an owner with deep pockets.

We can be the giant but we need someone with deep pockets who is willing to invest in the football club. And i firmly believe location will always stop that from happening.

Most big money investers will always go for teams in London or the North of the country.

im Afraid we will always have the likes of Brent and others who will always look at development opportunities aswell as the club.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:41 am

I see we've moved on from the restriction of residents views today to having to get it done so we can intimidate the opposition bench and players again. What's tomorrows reason?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. EmptyFri May 10, 2013 11:46 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
I see we've moved on from the restriction of residents views today to having to get it done so we can intimidate the opposition bench and players again. What's tomorrows reason?

It will be whatever obersturmbannführer Brent tells him it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Build it big and they will come.   Build it big and they will come. Empty

Back to top Go down

Build it big and they will come.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next