Chemical Ali
Rickler
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 10:28 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Guilfoyle's number has now been removed from Ijn's post- has he had a warning already?

Seems like Pasoti's Capt. Mannering has blinked first...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 10:40 pm

If the number isn't in the public domain then he may have broken the data protection act, I think there's also a few laws against the sort of campaigns being carried out on pasoti, possibly criminal.

Imagine if all businesses carried out their business in this sort of way, Brent has a strange way of doing things!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:24 am

We shall see what happens today and I really hope this whole thing is over asap.

I am concerned that Panda might be more of a tiger then we think and pulling their tail may not be the best option. They won't want to be seen to backing down to an internet campaign.

I would like to see the players and the staff walking out and finally going on strike. So what if we dont fulfill Saturdays fixture? We would have lost anyway!

Personally I am very uncomfortable with the campaign Pasoti are running. The Panda lawyers must be rubbing their hands with glee and I would not be surprised to see Mr Plod make an appearance. You can put all the disclaimers you want but the sentiment is there, and having an avatar with a hanging panda tells you all you need to know. I am not against direct action but sometimes you can push it too far. I hope I am wrong.

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:32 am

Tringreen wrote:
Is Newell serious about going up there instead of watching the boys get beaten again ? affraid

Doesn't he realise they'll be closed on Saturdays ?
Picture the scene...

You are a Sheffield based economic migrant from Poland, already considering whether or not South Yorkshire's steel city is really an improvement on working in the Krakow factory under a sternly fierce chap called Piotr. England isn't such a green or pleasant land as you were promised in the brochures; your bedsit is within a dingy northern council estate and your neighbours are former coal miners now permanently fixed on the dole who like to swig special brew from 8 in the morning. It isn't pretty but you know the score, so you start applying for every job going, getting on things with gritted teeth. After a couple of weeks search, you pick up a minimum waged cleaning job at some money firm's offices, and finally things are looking up! You make steps at learning the language and finally you have a wage packet nearly treble what you'd be earning back home. You even manage to take in a day trip to visit your London based cousin, and you agree that this isn't so bad after-all.

The day after, you return to work and are heckled by a handful of overweight middle-aged types wearing some non-descript football kit that you've never seen before. You peer out the window a couple of times; they are still there waiting for you to leave. It gets to the end of your shift and you are faced with a dilemma, they are still there and some of them have made some signs which mean absolutely nothing to you. As you shuffle out the back door trying to look as inconspicuous as possible, the rattle of your keys as you lock up alerts one of the baying mob. He runs over, you cringe, he is middle-aged, bald and incomprehensible as he yells 'GREEN ARMY' at you. You don't get a lot of what he is saying, but the angry spittle landing upon your face makes you long for sauerkraut and beetroot. When you get home, you immediately start chugging on your bottle of home-made vodka, and find out the next flight to Krakow. What was Piotr's number again?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:49 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Is Newell serious about going up there instead of watching the boys get beaten again ? affraid

Picture the scene...

You are a Sheffield based economic migrant from Poland, already considering whether or not South Yorkshire's steel city is really an improvement on working in the Krakow factory under a sternly fierce chap called Piotr. England isn't such a green or pleasant land as you were promised in the brochures; your bedsit is within a dingy northern council estate and your neighbours are former coal miners now permanently fixed on the dole who like to swig special brew from 8 in the morning. It isn't pretty but you know the score, so you start applying for every job going, getting on things with gritted teeth. After a couple of weeks search, you pick up a minimum waged cleaning job at some money firm's offices, and finally things are looking up! You make steps at learning the language and finally you have a wage packet nearly treble what you'd be earning back home. You even manage to take in a day trip to visit your London based cousin, and you agree that this isn't so bad after-all.

The day after, you return to work and are heckled by a handful of overweight middle-aged types wearing some non-descript football kit that you've never seen before. You peer out the window a couple of times; they are still there waiting for you to leave. It gets to the end of your shift and you are faced with a dilemma, they are still there and some of them have made some signs which mean absolutely nothing to you. As you shuffle out the back door trying to look as inconspicuous as possible, the rattle of your keys as you lock up alerts one of the baying mob. He runs over, you cringe, he is middle-aged, bald and incomprehensible as he yells 'GREEN ARMY' at you. You don't get a lot of what he is saying, but the angry spittle landing upon your face makes you long for sauerkraut and beetroot. When you get home, you immediately start chugging on your bottle of home-made vodka, and find out the next flight to Krakow. What was Piotr's number again?

Stop it, you're making me cry. silent

I agree that the office - those answering the phones and those reading the e-mails - are likely to be "ordinary" workers. It's they who run the risk of picking up the inevitable levels of abuse. I'm also concerned that to target PandA - albeit their handling of the process seems to have been ridiculously poor - is to miss the point that Brent puts out an aggressively worded statement designed to provoke the seething masses. Brent is manipulating the situation and, by implication, threatening Gullifoyle in order to lower what he pays. I hope he wins the battle but he needs watching as an owner.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:58 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Picture the scene...

lol! Don't mess with the Janners indeed ! That'll larn im !
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:22 am

Chris Webb wrote:
penzancepirate wrote:
Did Chris Webb write the screenplay for Zulu ?
Get a grip a man. It's only a bunch of money man arguing over 200K.

Alternatively I suppose I could just sit back and moan like you PP.

You are the appointed and anointed mouthpiece of the Aviva boys Chris.They have centre stage. We are just 'freaks'.

Might be worth conversing and listening to the freaks occasionally, as we have offered advice before and been shouted down, or worse, but ultimately, our freakish recommendations/ predictions have turned out to be fairly astute.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:34 am

Over the line................. at last ?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Now we should find out fairly quickly if Brent cares at all about the football club.

Back to top Go down
Far Canal Argyle

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:47 am

HAHA Not for one moment does Brent care about the football club. But today I don't think it matters. It looks like we are out of admin and that HAS to be something to celebrate. Get a couple of players in in January after getting a fire fighting manager and get the eff out of the bottom 2 positions
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 11:52 am

Far Canal Argyle wrote:
HAHA Not for one moment does Brent care about the football club. But today I don't think it matters. It looks like we are out of admin and that HAS to be something to celebrate. Get a couple of players in in January after getting a fire fighting manager and get the eff out of the bottom 2 positions

Agreed. Interesting times ahead.

I'll start the ball rolling with , 'Ridsdale out !'. Don't think the club needs someone with his track record and pivotal involvement in this farce of an administration.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:38 pm

Far Canal Argyle wrote:
HAHA Not for one moment does Brent care about the football club. But today I don't think it matters. It looks like we are out of admin and that HAS to be something to celebrate.
+1

Delighted that now we can concentrate on maintaining Argyle's league status.

Brent, keep that wallet of yours out for the time being, we've got a squad to buy.

I'm not expecting him to bankroll us to top half of the Championship, but I do insist on league football.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 12:47 pm

PAFC remains a unique club history and potential wise. It won't take much to get on a roll again, with gates exceeding 10k in the bottom division.

It's the planning for what happens next, that Brent via Jones seems to understand.

I'm almost feeling optimistic and even glanced at the fixture list, to see if I can fit another game in. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 1:59 pm

I'll agree this is good news once the next transfer window opens and closes, then we'll see Brent's true intentions as a new born Argo Superfan.

For now, the next agenda will be fighting pasoti's arse licks so we can kick Ridsdale's fat ass up the A38, then I can return to HP!

The one thing I think all fans will unite on is for an investigation into this mess with a few ex directors blollocks served up on a plate and a government investigation into the administration process that seems to be rigged for legalised corruption! I want revenge on all these bastards!
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Good news. I eagerly await the press conference and details of 'the plan'...

I wonder if the ringfenced season ticket money will now be released? Could be used for, say, getting in some decent coaching staff. Gotta build that way round imho.

That's if the season ticket money's still there...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 2:44 pm

Great news! So pleased and relieved! I would go to Cheltenham if I could - the party should be fun!

Now for the hard-work on the pitch, on the training ground, in the cheap-player market and in the boardroom!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 2:48 pm

I don't class being relegated out of the football league as being 'saved'.

I know "stop moaning, pay homage to St James Brent and buy yer ticket to Gateshead away - that's a long ole poke aaannat! Greeeeeeen arrrrrrrrrrrrrmy!"

Grim jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Im delighted this nightmare is now over.

PandA have seen sense and Brent has closed the deal at his price, what remains to be seen now is how a Brent Argyle will compete in the lower leagues. I eagerly await the 7/28 day plan, surely this must include loan signings that have already been targeted secured and an old school time served manager brought in to steady the ship.

The selection process for key roles and in particular that of Chief Exec will be interesting, will Ridsdale remain or will the likes of Peter Jones and or Michael Dunford return?

Chris Webb for all his Churchillian statements deserves credit for his hard work and dedication to the Brent cause, however I would like to see him and the Trust now distance themselves from NewellPasoti/GTs.

A great day for Argyle of that there is no doubt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 2:58 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:

PandA have seen sense and Brent has closed the deal at his price, what remains to be seen now is how a Brent Argyle will compete in the lower leagues. I eagerly await the 7/28 day plan, surely this must include loan signings that have already been targeted secured and an old school time served manager brought in to steady the ship.

The selection process for key roles and in particular that of Chief Exec will be interesting, will Ridsdale remain or will the likes of Peter Jones and or Michael Dunford return?

Chris Webb for all his Churchillian statements deserves credit for his hard work and dedication to the Brent cause, however I would like to see him and the Trust now distance themselves from Pasoti/GTs.

A good day for Argyle of that there is no doubt.

I agree with what you have said but, without any inside information, I can't see that PandA had to "see sense". I put the 11th hour panic down to Brent playing a hard game - it was a push against an open door. Apparently Gullifoyle said this morning that he was being blamed unfairly about this last bit and that wasn't fair (or words to that effect). Pasoti, in their usual reasoned, informed and considered way have scorned that but I'm not so sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 3:14 pm

funny man wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

Chris Webb for all his Churchillian statements deserves credit for his hard work and dedication to the Brent cause, however I would like to see him and the Trust now distance themselves from Pasoti/GTs.

I agree with what you have said but, without any inside information, I can't see that PandA had to "see sense". I put the 11th hour panic down to Brent playing a hard game - it was a push against an open door. Apparently Gullifoyle said this morning that he was being blamed unfairly about this last bit and that wasn't fair (or words to that effect). Pasoti, in their usual reasoned, informed and considered way have scorned that but I'm not so sure.

Last edited by Arch Stanton on Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 3:14 pm

funny man wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

I agree FM, in my opinion PandA were always going to attempt to test Brents resolve in order to squeeze a last few checkels from him, liquidation was never an option but a card PandA could bluff with.
Brent has won the day and at his price. PASOTI will be as self congratulatory as ever in slaying PandA that was inevitable.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 3:53 pm

Arch Stanton wrote:

Chris Webb for all his Churchillian statements deserves credit for his hard work and dedication to the Brent cause, however I would like to see him and the Trust now distance themselves from NewellPasoti/GTs.

Would agree with all of that and would also add that for the trust to have a future it needs to capitalise on the good publicity generated and reach out to the tens of thousands of casual fans in an effort to re engage them with the club/trust. If they fail to do this it's hard to see the trust being anything other than a small group of hard core fans.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 4:15 pm

avignon green wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

Would agree with all of that and would also add that for the trust to have a future it needs to capitalise on the good publicity generated and reach out to the tens of thousands of casual fans in an effort to re engage them with the club/trust. If they fail to do this it's hard to see the trust being anything other than a small group of hard core fans.

The acid test indeed avignon. My money is on the latter and a continued insular and holier than thou future.

There is a very large Argyle family out there, waiting for something open and worthy of buying into. Don't hold your breath.

It's the Aviva way or the highway.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 5:22 pm

Agree with all that's been said.

It's a coin toss though as I found just last week before my Cornish hols. Will the Trust go the way of the excellent and inclusive 'outreach' Chrios has been engaged with or will it pull the drawbridge up on itself and brandish anyone who "just wasn't there man" as "tossers".

I hope the former wins out and the unity i'd have taken as a given up to the last couple of months wins through.

Great news, today is a great day, but it's a great day for EVERY Argyle fan. Whatsoever they did during the process, everyone is entitled to raise a glass to Argyle, themselves and each and everyone of the Green Army tonight, I will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 5:29 pm

X Isle wrote:
Agree with all that's been said.

It's a coin toss though as I found just last week before my Cornish hols. Will the Trust go the way of the excellent and inclusive 'outreach' Chrios has been engaged with or will it pull the drawbridge up on itself and brandish anyone who "just wasn't there man" as "tossers".

I hope the former wins out and the unity i'd have taken as a given up to the last couple of months wins through.

Great news, today is a great day, but it's a great day for EVERY Argyle fan. Whatsoever they did during the process, everyone is entitled to raise a glass to Argyle, themselves and each and everyone of the Green Army tonight, I will.

Well said Smiffy and may I say I have admired your stance throughout all of this, at times I have disagreed but have always enjoyed reading your posts, I am delighted your horse from day 1 has come in my friend. cheers
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 6:57 pm

Glad that this nonsense has come to an end,i'll reserve judgement on James Brent for the time being,but i will wish him every success in his time at the club.He's certainly got issues which need urgent attention,such as who should be on his board/off field management structure,is Fletcher the right man for the job,how many and what quality of player can be brought in.Time is short and Argyle cannot afford to be dilatory in these matters.There should be a number of inquiries into how Argyle got into this nightmare scenario,especially regarding the role of the ex directors and administrators,but i doubt if anything will happen and i just pity the next club who will have to go through the slough of despond.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unleash the Pitbulls.   Unleash the Pitbulls. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Unleash the Pitbulls.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next