Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gotta love this club...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Gotta love this club... Empty
PostSubject: Gotta love this club...   Gotta love this club... EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 5:57 pm

ood pictures 👍

Plymouth Argyle is special to me, despite the result on saturday (which in the grans scheme of things was not that bad) it was a proud day for us. Celebrating 125 years of glory and heartbreak, most certainly heartbreak in the time I have been following the Pilgrims, about 8 years.

The football club is moving into a brand new era, an era with (hopefully) a great deal of joy in it. And I think I speak for the fans, players and staff when I say we really deserve it. I very much doubt the level of passion and effort from off the field has been or will be achieved at any other football club, I dont think Tevez would be playing without any money, well, hes not anyway.

I feel rather ashamed that I cannot remember my first Plymouth Argyle match in all honesty, and I think the reason is that I have been to Argyle matches my whole life and never caught the bug as a child in the old stadium. I slighty remember (and have been told) that my Dad would watch the football while giving me a bag of food to keep me occupied through the match while my head spinned at what was actually going on, with people shouting and jumping around. I always used to say "what does that word mean dad?" when somebody had a go at the ref and my dad would smile.

So when the new stadium was built my interest grew but not on the pitch, only in the design of stadium building, and thats the reason I went to some away matches, to visit the different stadiums but within a couple of those superb away days I was also hooked on the football, and I have never looked back. Despite not being able to recall my first match I do remember my first 'proper' away match: It certainly was not a scoreline to remember but I do, West Ham United away, the mighty greens lost 5 0 in a day where my dad was looking after the father of Akos Buzsasky who was an Arsenal supporter who spoke no English. I remember the day for the stunning hospitality at the stadium and going to meet the likes of Teddy Sheringham in the home dressing room.

Well, from then on that was it, I would cry my eyes out if my dad announced we were not going to an away match. Another of my early away games would include a 2 1 away win against Reading, when Nick Chadwick scored in stoppage time, what a fantastic day.

I have always sat in the same place at Home Park, apart from this season now that I have purchased a season ticket in the Devonport end. I have always sat over in Block 16/17/18 and remember waiting there before each match for my dad to finish work and come about 5 minutes after KO. The atmosphere over in that corner grew each season and I loved it and have done up untill the stupid decision to cut the area I have sat in for years off, away from the rest of the stadium. Ah, wait no, now that I think about it, I was not there for the Exeter JPT match, and I am not to sure I wanted to be.

Then from there I continued going to Home game and just about every away match. One memory is going to Stoke (Tony Pulis first match against Argo after leaving) on a cold tuesday night. 200 die hard Pilgrims congragated in the sqaure block inside the stadium freezing to death. The match ended nil nil :banghead: Laughing

Then I moved into a time of working for the club, simply distributing team sheets in hospitality areas which got me a little pocket money which was pleasing. I think I did that for 3 seasons though it might have been a little less. At the start of the Championship season (I think) I took the decision to take the step up and become a programme seller which paid higher wages. I enjoyed my time as a programme seller and was one up untill the end of last season when I decided I would buy my first ever season ticket.

In my opinion, as a teenager the Championship relegation season was one of the strangest in my time supporting Argyle, as it was the season Argyle 'actually did something'. In my whole time of watching Plymouth Argyle I had taken in for granted that they were in the Championship and should be winning many matches. Sturrock was sacked and a Mariner took over but above all, that was the first time I had seen the Pilgrims move out of the Championship, and I have to say on that night against Newcastle, I was excited about the future. Hmmm, maybe I did not think it would come to this, nobody did.

And then look what happens, pop, another relegation and this chain of financial trouble pushing the club to the brink, but hopefully now we are retreating from the edge.

I have tryed to get as involved with goings on at the club and events for fans such as the marches and the vigil as much as I could and will continue to do so as much as I can.

The fans at this football club are simply fantastic, this is an amazing club and we cant let it do.

Argyle til I die, I love this club
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this club...   Gotta love this club... EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 6:00 pm

Can't wait for the book...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this club...   Gotta love this club... EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 6:16 pm

"...my dad would give me a bag of food to keep me occupied...."

Cobi, you crack me up Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this club...   Gotta love this club... EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 6:20 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

Tis true Frank. Otherwise I would have died of boredom. And I feel like I need that bag of food at home park these days aswell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this club...   Gotta love this club... EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 6:25 pm

Cobi Budge wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Tis true Frank. Otherwise I would have died of boredom. And I feel like I need that bag of food at home park these days aswell

What sort of food? Did the food last for the whole 90 mins? Or was it a giant toffee to keep you quiet?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this club...   Gotta love this club... EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 6:26 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Cobi Budge wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

What sort of food? Did the food last for the whole 90 mins? Or was it a giant toffee to keep you quiet?

More of a picknick in the mayflower tbh frank
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this club...   Gotta love this club... EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 6:28 pm

Cobi Budge wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Cobi Budge wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

More of a picknick in the mayflower tbh frank

This is the sort of thing you should have talked about on GreenBonk. You would be a cult by now if you had mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this club...   Gotta love this club... EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:54 pm

Nurse some Ritalin over here please. Cobi is talking bollocks again.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this club...   Gotta love this club... EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:26 pm

Cobi Budge wrote:

At the start of the Championship season (I think) I took the decision to take the step up and become a programme seller
cheers
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this club...   Gotta love this club... EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:41 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

This is the sort of thing you should have talked about on GreenBonk. You would be a cult by now if you had mate.
Good to see the new swear checker is working.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this club...   Gotta love this club... EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Good to see the new swear checker is working.

Now that made me lol... Smile
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this club...   Gotta love this club... EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 6:44 am

peter_dout wrote:
Nurse some Ritalin over here please. Cobi is talking bollocks again.

Many a true word, spoken in jest.
Back to top Go down
`rgill

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this club...   Gotta love this club... EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:36 pm

Cobi Budge wrote:
ood pictures 👍

Plymouth Argyle is special to me, despite the result on saturday (which in the grans scheme of things was not that bad) it was a proud day for us. Celebrating 125 years of glory and heartbreak, most certainly heartbreak in the time I have been following the Pilgrims, about 8 years.

The football club is moving into a brand new era, an era with (hopefully) a great deal of joy in it. And I think I speak for the fans, players and staff when I say we really deserve it. I very much doubt the level of passion and effort from off the field has been or will be achieved at any other football club, I dont think Tevez would be playing without any money, well, hes not anyway.

I feel rather ashamed that I cannot remember my first Plymouth Argyle match in all honesty, and I think the reason is that I have been to Argyle matches my whole life and never caught the bug as a child in the old stadium. I slighty remember (and have been told) that my Dad would watch the football while giving me a bag of food to keep me occupied through the match while my head spinned at what was actually going on, with people shouting and jumping around. I always used to say "what does that word mean dad?" when somebody had a go at the ref and my dad would smile.

So when the new stadium was built my interest grew but not on the pitch, only in the design of stadium building, and thats the reason I went to some away matches, to visit the different stadiums but within a couple of those superb away days I was also hooked on the football, and I have never looked back. Despite not being able to recall my first match I do remember my first 'proper' away match: It certainly was not a scoreline to remember but I do, West Ham United away, the mighty greens lost 5 0 in a day where my dad was looking after the father of Akos Buzsasky who was an Arsenal supporter who spoke no English. I remember the day for the stunning hospitality at the stadium and going to meet the likes of Teddy Sheringham in the home dressing room.

Well, from then on that was it, I would cry my eyes out if my dad announced we were not going to an away match. Another of my early away games would include a 2 1 away win against Reading, when Nick Chadwick scored in stoppage time, what a fantastic day.

I have always sat in the same place at Home Park, apart from this season now that I have purchased a season ticket in the Devonport end. I have always sat over in Block 16/17/18 and remember waiting there before each match for my dad to finish work and come about 5 minutes after KO. The atmosphere over in that corner grew each season and I loved it and have done up untill the stupid decision to cut the area I have sat in for years off, away from the rest of the stadium. Ah, wait no, now that I think about it, I was not there for the Exeter JPT match, and I am not to sure I wanted to be.

Then from there I continued going to Home game and just about every away match. One memory is going to Stoke (Tony Pulis first match against Argo after leaving) on a cold tuesday night. 200 die hard Pilgrims congragated in the sqaure block inside the stadium freezing to death. The match ended nil nil :banghead: Laughing

Then I moved into a time of working for the club, simply distributing team sheets in hospitality areas which got me a little pocket money which was pleasing. I think I did that for 3 seasons though it might have been a little less. At the start of the Championship season (I think) I took the decision to take the step up and become a programme seller which paid higher wages. I enjoyed my time as a programme seller and was one up untill the end of last season when I decided I would buy my first ever season ticket.

In my opinion, as a teenager the Championship relegation season was one of the strangest in my time supporting Argyle, as it was the season Argyle 'actually did something'. In my whole time of watching Plymouth Argyle I had taken in for granted that they were in the Championship and should be winning many matches. Sturrock was sacked and a Mariner took over but above all, that was the first time I had seen the Pilgrims move out of the Championship, and I have to say on that night against Newcastle, I was excited about the future. Hmmm, maybe I did not think it would come to this, nobody did.

And then look what happens, pop, another relegation and this chain of financial trouble pushing the club to the brink, but hopefully now we are retreating from the edge.

I have tryed to get as involved with goings on at the club and events for fans such as the marches and the vigil as much as I could and will continue to do so as much as I can.

The fans at this football club are simply fantastic, this is an amazing club and we cant let it do.

Argyle til I die, I love this club

Cobi was later taken away by the men in white coats.
He is now at peace with himself in a municipal sanitorium.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love this club...   Gotta love this club... Empty

Back to top Go down

Gotta love this club...
Page 1 of 1