Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Black Country Communion

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Black Country Communion Empty
PostSubject: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 7:34 pm

Does anyone know much about them?

Glenn Hughes I remember from mk3 purple and didn't like his shrieking.

Bonham I know about.

Don't know much about bonamassa except I was surprised how young he was
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:20 pm

So this thread isn't about Wolverhampton hippies then?
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:34 am

One of a number of Classic Rock super-groups out there. So far released 3 cracking albums.

Joe Bonamassa is worth looking into in his own right, first came to prominence in another super-group 'Bloodline', released his 1st solo album in 2000 & last years 'Driving Towards The Daylight' was his 10th solo album, which crashed into the album charts at No: 2 (some shit kept him off the top spot) with little or no air play, rarely done these days!! He has also released 5 live albums, so is very productive

He received his first guitar from his father at the age of 4, and by age 7 he was playing Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jimi Hendrix tunes note for note. At the age of 11, during a short period of being mentored by Danny Gatton, he learned such styles as country and jazz as well as polka. During this time with Gatton, Bonamassa sat in with Gatton's band whenever they played in New York.

He first opened for B. B. King at 12 years of age. At 14, he was invited to attend a Fender guitar event; during that trip to the West Coast he met Berry Oakley, Jr., with whom he founded the group Bloodline, along with Miles Davis' son Erin and Robby Krieger's son Waylon. They released one album which produced two chart singles — "Stone Cold Hearted", and "Dixie Peach."

He has since played with Buddy Guy, Foreigner, Robert Cray, Stephen Stills, Joe Cocker, Gregg Allman, Steve Winwood, Paul Jones, Steve Lukather, Ted Nugent, Warren Haynes, Derek Trucks, Eric Johnson, and Jack Bruce.

Bonamassa has also collaborated with a number of people including B.B. King, Eric Clapton, Paul Rodgers, (The Late) Jon Lord, Sandi Thom, and Glen Hughes, (who of course he went on to form Black Country Communion with), and Beth Hart, releasing a stonking album with Beth Hart, and they are currently working on a follow up, now there is a lady with a cracking voice, and currently touring the UK 'Beth Hart' along with Bonamassa real stars!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:47 pm

I'm listening to their album Afterglow now. Very Led Zeppelin and I like it.

Obviously the guitar solos are pretty cool so I'm going to listen to their live album later as well but I'll have to put on my earphones as Kaz's father's here and my little 'un's just gone to bed Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:53 pm

If they are your cup of tea you're probably into The Music as well. Very underrated band and the lead singer is almost as good at dancing as me Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:56 pm

And this one

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 8:19 pm

This is a good watch. Featuring a very young David Coverdale and Hughes, I'm not really sure what Hughes vocals add, especially his coke aided cod-gospel on SOTW.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I will be checking joe Bonamassa out as that's a damn impressive roll call. I have spotify premium so will certainly check all your suggestions out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Country Communion   Black Country Communion Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Country Communion
Page 1 of 1