Jethro
downthetrack
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
downthetrack

downthetrack

tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 10:40 pm

GOB wrote:
downthetrack wrote:
Exeweb was one of the most visited football web sites in the country.fact

There's no denying that, but now he only hangs about on Twatter....allegedly.

Don't dislike this site,think i was member 25 or 26,been here along time and i have come down and had a beer with some of you.still owe you one Gob,pint that is Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 11:02 pm

i tell you what when tisdale leaves exeter he has a career as a fashion guru on channel4. the man likes the burtons style.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 11:04 pm

downthetrack wrote:
GOB wrote:
downthetrack wrote:
Exeweb was one of the most visited football web sites in the country.fact

There's no denying that, but now he only hangs about on Twatter....allegedly.

Don't dislike this site,think i was member 25 or 26,been here along time and i have come down and had a beer with some of you.still owe you one Gob,pint that is Very Happy

It's not been forgotten! Basketball
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 11:05 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
i tell you what when tisdale leaves exeter he has a career as a fashion guru on channel4. the man likes the burtons style.

The man has red kickers and so do i Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 5:45 am

Davidfriio4 wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:
oh come of it lads...The attendance Nazis take a hike, just because we get 2 thousand more then them is no reason to start cracking one off, i certainly dont anyway.
If you clear the cowshit from your brains you will realize that the very last thing we wanted tonight was a Torquay win.
Sometimes i wonder.....................

exeter will always be the bigger rivals I want them to lose no matter who they play.

Look how far we've come. Personally I would say Pompey are bigger rivals and it used to get a bit fruity with Brizzle City. Being at the same level as Exeter is akin to the first time your son beats you in a running race or at tennis. It's a wake up call that you're no longer the head honcho. We gave up that status many moons ago. Will we rise again? Probably but it's going to be many years from now.

As it happens we'll get our shot at Pompey if we stay in this league due to them being run into the ground as well.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:17 am

The Red Star wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
downthetrack wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
shit ground no fans says it all.
Fans or not your still third from bottom Very Happy

Don't rise to them Tracky, they would give their left bollock to be where we are.

Exeter ? ? ? your joking right what a dump the whole city is.

We've got your jobs mate. You only come to visit on Court days.

Anyway as I was at the ground, thought Tisdale got selection wrong. Gow up front was playing to the cameras and should go.

545 Torquay fans who attended were a credit, those that stayed away should be ashamed. 20 mile journey FFS. The bloke wearing the Argyle hat in the Flybe abused during the game and whacked after...what did you expect?!. Not sure he was a mental retard but who knows.

Heard some blokes behind talking about an ex local (maybe Cullompton) league manager (Plymouth based...not Dane Bunney by any chance?!!!!)being sacked after 8 or so games had pocketed the fines money(£600 in total) and refused to pay back. Saying his own company went bust and refusing to repay. looks like he is in for a visit some time soon...it may not by Mr Bunney, but it maybe.

An all round weird night.

Exeter City will not be going up automatically this season, but at least we will not be going down. swings and roundabouts

Tell me Red, did the Argyle hat wearing dimwit who received a slap, smell of cider and repeatedly[with short pauses] ask for directions to Newton Armpit ?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:18 am

If Exeters rugby team are always going to be utilised in some sort of sad point scoring trilogy, are we allowed to use our Basketball team?

Torquay were 6 points ahead of us with 3 games in hand before last night, so they were never going to be on our radar of potentials to overhaul. For that reason it's mildly amusing that they put a chink in the Exeter promotion bandwagon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:30 am

At least we still have a speedway team. Basketball
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 10:18 am

We have headless badger and upside down catfish racing as well. Bath street (behind Union Street) is the place to be on Friday nights.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 12:56 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
Look how far we've come. Personally I would say Pompey are bigger rivals .

Rivalry is a two way street, the Skate's only "rivals" are the Scummers, end of.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:14 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
If Exeters rugby team are always going to be utilised in some sort of sad point scoring trilogy, are we allowed to use our Basketball team?

Oh bless, they've got a team up to fourth in the 3rd Division (South) of a competition absolutely nobody cares about. The team currently sitting 7th of the 1st Division plays about ten minutes casual stroll from Tisdale Towers, I've never seen them play despite collecting medals in said sport in me youff, 'sfunny thing, I never remember Muff sides being any good then either, only local teams I can recall giving us a game were Shelley College and Exmuff Comp.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:22 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:

Rivalry is a two way street, the Skate's only "rivals" are the Scummers, end of.

Rivalry is very rarely a 2 way street. Ask Bolton or Leeds who their main rivals are and the answer is Man United, who only really get worked up about Liverpool. Brentford hate QPR who in turn hate Chelsea who in turn hate spurs to give another example. There aren't that many proper mutual rivalries.

We aren't bothered about you unless we happen to be same division. End of.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:06 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:

Rivalry is very rarely a 2 way street. Ask Bolton or Leeds who their main rivals are and the answer is Man United, who only really get worked up about Liverpool. Brentford hate QPR who in turn hate Chelsea who in turn hate spurs to give another example. There aren't that many proper mutual rivalries.

Well that would be exactly my point Huey, except of course your throwing in of the Billy Big Bollox bit.

Leeds' rivals are Huddersfield and Barnsley, Bolton's, Blackburn and Burnley, it's only where plastic knobbers with ideas above their station get involved that the thing gets confused. Manure's rivals are Citeh, the fact that current day Scousers and Mancs seem to want to recreate the antipathy generated by the building of the canal has got nothing to do with football rivalry, similarly there is no longer a naval port mentality in Pompey, they have long since moved on.

You Gargs have only got one rival club, it's us, get over it.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 2:34 pm

Pompey are NOT our rivals, we did not play them in my lifetime until 1960 and few times since. Much the same applies to the Grecians, our real rivals are Bristol City and Rovers IMO.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 3:34 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Pompey are NOT our rivals, we did not play them in my lifetime until 1960 and few times since. Much the same applies to the Grecians, our real rivals are Bristol City and Rovers IMO.

Bristol ?

It's 110 miles, 90% of your current support base couldn't find their way as far as Torquay last time you were there.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 4:27 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
pepsipete wrote:

Bristol ?

It's 110 miles, 90% of your current support base couldn't find their way as far as Torquay last time you were there.

Used to live in North Devon, because the roads run East to West and not North/South most there went to Bristol. We, (Dad and Myself) used to run a mini bus to Argyle, and several used to go from the Bideford area, where some worked in the Dockyard. Played the Bristol clubs through the fifties, sixties and seventies, hardly saw or heard of Exeter, though I remember going to an FA Cup match in the late fifties, Argyle won at Exeter in the first round and went out at Torquay in the second. Jack Rowley played.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 5:17 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Pokesdown wrote:

Well that would be exactly my point Huey, except of course your throwing in of the Billy Big Bollox bit.

Leeds' rivals are Huddersfield and Barnsley, Bolton's, Blackburn and Burnley, it's only where plastic knobbers with ideas above their station get involved that the thing gets confused. Manure's rivals are Citeh, the fact that current day Scousers and Mancs seem to want to recreate the antipathy generated by the building of the canal has got nothing to do with football rivalry, similarly there is no longer a naval port mentality in Pompey, they have long since moved on.

What planet are you on? Leeds have only one main enemy. Man Utd. Huddersfield and Bradford do not even register. This rivalry has been going since the late 60s at least and is feck all with being plastic and everything to do with 2 sets of violent supporters beating the shit out of each other. Honestly if you lot aren't in the same division, you don't register. I even cheered the greeks on in the non league play off ffs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 5:46 pm

Glad to see tis is not getting bitter and twisted lol! i dont think you will have to wait long before the boot is on the other foot, probably saturday night jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 5:48 pm

pepsipete wrote:

Sorry Pete but I'm not having that, I am just about fifty and when I was a teenager they were the main rivals, the biggest crowds, the biggest bundles, the biggest atmospheres, Bristol come a close second, followed by Cardiff, I think your age has a big bearing on your perception on who the rivals are. The city scummers are more like mozzies, they are really feckin annoying but they aren't going to hurt you. Razz
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 7:03 pm

[quote="Lord Tisdale"][quote="Hugh Watt"][quote="Lord Tisdale"]
Pokesdown wrote:

The Sky commentator on your defeat last night called it correctly. Torquay see Exeter as main rivals. Exeter look down on them and see Argyle as their main rival, while Plymouth are more interested in the Bristol clubs.

I know it hurts, but that is the way it is for adult Argyle fans. Sorry.

Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 7:13 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
you don't register. I even cheered the greeks on in the non league play off ffs.

Purleaze, that one comment alone says more than enough about your bona fides as an authority on rivalry, I on the other hand wouldn't want you Gargs to get a late consolation goal if you were fifteen nil down to the Devil's own Satanic X1 in a pre season friendly for one reason and one reason only, you are our rivals and we are yours, end of.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 7:27 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
you don't register. I even cheered the greeks on in the non league play off ffs.

Purleaze, that one comment alone says more than enough about your bona fides as an authority on rivalry, I on the other hand wouldn't want you Gargs to get a late consolation goal if you were fifteen nil down to the Devil's own Satanic X1 in a pre season friendly for one reason and one reason only, you are our rivals and we are yours, end of.

Rolling Eyes

Rubbish. In the past few years whatever result you scraped against the sort of man and a dog, got an ironic cheer. Whearas you lot sing about us constantly for 90 minutes

You don't matter anywhere near as much to us and we do to you. And you hate it.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 7:39 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Rubbish. In the past few years whatever result you scraped against the sort of man and a dog, got an ironic cheer

What, you mean like when we beat Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton while you relied upon such luminaries as Hereford and Macclesfield going on twenty game runs without a win to retain your League status ?

Not one chant about you Gargs last night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:03 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Rubbish. In the past few years whatever result you scraped against the sort of man and a dog, got an ironic cheer

What, you mean like when we beat Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton while you relied upon such luminaries as Hereford and Macclesfield going on twenty game runs without a win to retain your League status ?

Not one chant about you Gargs last night.

Whilst we were relying on Hereford and Macclesfield going on 20 game runs without a win, you were being relegated. Oh and Leeds weren't in League 1 last season.

You are a bit simple really aren't you.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 9:28 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Whilst we were relying on Hereford and Macclesfield going on 20 game runs without a win, you were being relegated. Oh and Leeds weren't in League 1 last season.

You are a bit simple really aren't you.

You said a "few years" Huey, so I took a little licence from that, sue me.

The FACT ! is that in a few years we have gone from being the poor relations of Devon football to become the undisputed top dogs and that sooooo many of you Gargs are in denial about how that makes you feel.

Recognising that you have a problem is the start on the path to recovery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc   tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

tisdale redstar sturtz downtrack etc
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2