Mapperley, darling
Jethro
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Peggy

Peggy

The Music thread - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 1:20 pm

I had an annoyingly early phone call one Saturday morning years ago, when I was living away. Two work colleagues had got lost on their way to a meeting in the town where I lived; they were pretty certain they were in the right town, "but all we can see is trees". Amazingly, I was able to work out where they were and tell them how to get to where they wanted to be.

They got me out of bed for the second time when they rang to thank me.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 9:28 pm

I listened to Led Sep 1 ~ 4 plus Physical Graffiti whilst painting my hoose today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 11:58 am

cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 1:32 pm

Just been to work for a meeting about my job. I was fearing the worst, but I have been told I'm not at risk of redundancy and the shift I'm changing to will mean a bit of a pay rise!!  rabbit 

So, beer or no beer tonight? I think I know already  drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2014 2:41 pm

Lunch in the garden, fresh crab sandwiches and a cold beer, Surrealistic Pillow by Jefferson Airplane on my MP3 player, oooh Grace Slick, the voice and looks of an angel, I'd have given my eye teeth to have tickled her fancy back in the day  sunny 
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 11:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wilko Johnson is a legend, mad as a hatter! chickendance party animal Rock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 1:04 pm

Damn right, I saw him on his last tour when he dying of Cancer at Torrington (great little venue btw) he decided not to go down the chemo route and was going to play until he croaked, he then got better! Amazing story and an amazing guitar player.
I saw Dr. Feelgood twice in Plymouth, the last time was in the old Palace, great gig as well.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 3:24 pm

The lineup seems to be getting stronger every year, worth a look foreshore.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 10:51 am

Saw these bad boys when I was a kid in the early 80s, a mad night at the uni or poly as it was then, can't believe the fat bastard is still going, good though chickendance

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 10:56 am

bit of adrian sherwood dub for me this morning
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 12:26 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Saw these bad boys when I was a kid in the early 80s, a mad night at the uni or poly as it was then, can't believe the fat bastard is still going, good though chickendance

Me too, Lip Up Fatty! Quality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 12:30 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
bit of adrian sherwood dub for me this morning

Nice, I love a bit of dub. Have you listened to Lee Scratch Perry much? He's done some great collaborations, From The Secret Laboratory with him and dub syndicate is one of my fave albums. Recently I was listening to an album I can't remember the name of but it was Lee Scratch and the Orb (they've done two good ones together and some instrumentals) but the one you want has Fussball and Making Love in Dub on it. One of the coolest and the most mental of all the dub stars is Mr. scratch.
Edit, More tales from the Observatory.

Last edited by Iggy on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 12:31 pm

The new Charlatans tune is good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptySat May 16, 2015 2:09 pm

Loving Songhoy Blues, track called Soubour. I think they are from Mali the album is Music in Exile and real bluesy with some African harmonics, wicked.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptySat May 16, 2015 6:52 pm

Booked my "house of fun weekend" Madness.Minehead 20-23 November.
Tis a good laugh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptySun May 17, 2015 9:14 am

groovin' to THE SMITHS Strangeways album at the mo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptySun May 17, 2015 9:19 am

Listen to a new artist by the name of Max Jury on YT last night. Good stuff for relaxing.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptySun May 17, 2015 11:09 am

Downloaded Noel Gallaghers new album :  Chasing Yesterday.   I like what I'm hearing Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 6:08 pm

Watching Dance the night away by Cream [an all time personal favourite] on Youtube last night and something caught my eye in the videos down the right hand side of the screen. Opened it up and just couldn't believe my eyes or ears;

Investigated a bit further and found this;

Dang me, a band with a 7 year old girl drummer covering Cream, Hendrix, Beatles and Rammstein in 2015,the world's gone mad! lol! They're bleddy good covers too, certainly seems to be a very talented family-some of the other videos on there are pretty eye opening.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 6:45 pm

Very 'Daft Punk'. Fooking ace.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 7:33 pm

Sleaford Mods.....fcuking love those cnuts.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 7:22 pm

Some soothing Sunday sounds for all you good people.....thank me later jocolor geek

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 8:31 pm

Band and track?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 8:34 pm

If you can't see it you've had a boon, you really don't wanna know mate.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 1:37 am

Been to the Junction twice in a week. Backbeat sound system last week, great band, sound too loud spoiled it a bit but a quality act.
Tonight Zappatika with Ike Willis. Wow. Just wow. World class musicians playing in the Nottingham of the old days. Joes Garage, some musical masturbation, cool crowd, what a night. £10 well spent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Music thread
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next