Czarcasm
Sandford_Grecian
Mapperley, darling
Jethro
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage

The Music thread - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 3:28 pm

Had a fantastic weekend at Sonisphere last week.
Been suffering for it this week though.
Nevermind, taking the Mrs to see Elbow down at Eden on Monday night.
Bit gentle for me, but will be nice to have an evening out together afro 
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 11:20 pm

My little Sis, B in law and Nephew will be there too, enjoy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 12:23 am

Elbow always do a good gig.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 9:25 am

Which MTV channels is the the Plymouth gig being shown on? Sky MTV listing do not mention it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 11:05 am

Tgwu wrote:
Which MTV channels is the the Plymouth gig being shown on? Sky MTV listing do not mention it.

the main one but i believe they plan to show it on the weekend.

MTV has fallen so far down the scale in the music industry they struggled to get any acts to appear tonight hence the line up lol
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 11:18 am

Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

MTV has fallen so far down the scale in the music industry they struggled to get any acts to appear tonight hence the line up lol

Is this MTV live HD?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 12:21 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Is this MTV live HD?

Had a quick scan i dont think its even being shown now. Certainly not down in the sky guide search engine.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 1:26 pm

Judging by the sound checks, which are clearly audible nearly three quarters of a mile away, nobody in Plymouth will need to watch it.

Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 4:24 pm

All that boom boom boom, not real music eh Peggy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 4:27 pm

I must say that I give Plymouth And whoever organised this a huge plate of kudos for doing this. It's something that I have moaned about for years, cities are just piles of houses it's what the people of that city do that make the difference and we haven't done anything much of note for years. I think that post Americas Cup (which was feckin awesome) we are awaking of what a great frame we as a city make for these sort of events, I hope it's a huge success.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 4:33 pm

Peggy wrote:
Judging by the sound checks, which are clearly audible nearly three quarters of a mile away, nobody in Plymouth will need to watch it.

Evil or Very Mad 
We will be around tonight
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 4:49 pm

Peggy wrote:

Evil or Very Mad 

Not really your week with the RM350 concerts at Brickfields with associated parking issues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 4:57 pm

green_genie wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Evil or Very Mad 

Not really your week with the RM350 concerts at Brickfields with associated parking issues.

Just got off the phone to the old man about that funnily enough. He's taking my mum and there is no parking anywhere for it so asked me for a lift. I said "bleddy hell aren't there any buses in Plymouth any more?" Hes had that one coming for years.  Very Happy 
Of course I will give them a lift before anyone asks.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Iggy wrote:
I must say that I give Plymouth And whoever organised this a huge plate of kudos for doing this. It's something that I have moaned about for years, cities are just piles of houses it's what the people of that city do that make the difference and we haven't done anything much of note for years. I think that post Americas Cup (which was feckin awesome) we are awaking of what a great frame we as a city make for these sort of events, I hope it's a huge success.

Foreshore. I'm struggling to think of another city anywhere that has a venue and backdrop that can rival The Hoe on a glorious summer evening like tonight.
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 9:23 pm

green_genie wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Evil or Very Mad 

If the RM350 shows are anything like the rehearsals, they'll be very good, especially the very excellent rendition of Jupiter from the Planet Suite (by Holst innit). And minimal parking issues for me, since I go to work on the bus.

Much preferable to waves of distorted pop music :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 10:34 pm

Peggy wrote:

Evil or Very Mad 

i can hear it in lee mill i can hear kaiser chiefs quite well. the council will be getting some complaints from some folk this week i think and you know what i wouldnt blame them.

Why hold a concert like this on a weekday FFS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 10:43 pm

I was on MTV once when I was dancing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 10:51 pm

The noise is blasting through, even in Mannamead, woke up my daughter on a school night.
Not happy.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 11:06 pm

Peggy wrote:
green_genie wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Evil or Very Mad 

If the RM350 shows are anything like the rehearsals, they'll be v  ery good, especially the very excellent rendition of Jupiter from the Planet Suite (by Holst innit). And minimal parking issues for me, since I go to work on the bus.

Much preferable to waves of distorted pop music :-)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]            Try this version Peggy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:26 am

Tgwu wrote:

its on mtv 9th august
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 9:17 pm

Somebody must tell me how to put YouTube tracks on here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 9:37 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Somebody must tell me how to put YouTube tracks on here.

its easy click on the youtube icon you will see when typing something on here.

enter the url in full in the box asking press enter afterwards

and there you go

off topic

second night i can hear it all the way up here how long is this thing on for its ridiculous the volume
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 5:26 pm

I've now heard the whole of the RM350 prom twice (missed it on Wednesday as I was out of the country), and tonight's the last night. It's very good, but I'm getting a bit bored with the bit before the 8pm fly past when the RM band and orchestra take over, so will probably go for my swim then. The music's not all to my taste (there's a fairly long Queen medley which leaves me cold but was quite funny during the storms on Thursday - sadly, there was no lightning during the Flash bit), but the finale with the Holst and a perfectly choreographed firework display is stunning. People have been pulling over and getting out of their cars to watch and listen to that bit, and it makes being unable to hear the telly easy to bear (specially as there's rarely anything I want to see).

Anybody who got tickets has probably had a fantastic night out; if my mum was a bit less disabled I'd definitely have taken her.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 7:30 am

I was there last night, very good, car was still intact, parked by the old Alexandra maternity home
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 10:46 am

My parents thoroughly enjoyed it, more so than I did when I picked them up, no sign a t pick up point so phone them on their mobile, where are you? I'm in a road, I don't know what it's called......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Music thread   The Music thread - Page 15 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Music thread
Page 15 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next