lawnmowerman
LondonGreen
Chemical Ali
Mapperley, darling
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers Empty
PostSubject: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:13 am

So tests carried out on beef burgers in Tesco, Aldi and Iceland have been found to contain up to 24% horse meat!

I bought some Tesco burgers just last week and they're off.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:16 am

horse meat is tasty, i had some zebra last week, poached it meself from sherwood.

and tesco is the reason behind the high street decline, they sell everything and anything. every little helps (our profit margin, consumer scum)
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:17 am

I had some last night and they gave me the trots.

Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:18 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:24 am

Mapperley, darling wrote:
horse meat is tasty, i had some zebra last week, poached it meself from sherwood.

and tesco is the reason behind the high street decline, they sell everything and anything. every little helps (our profit margin, consumer scum)

Having worked in the Food Production industry for over ten years I see first hand how the supermarkets squeeze every penny from suppliers and carry out activities such as charging rebates (% of turnover to keep the business), loss of profits fines if orders are short (despite their forecasts being shit), excessive charges for customer complaints (usually with a£50 average admin fee), free Christmas orders for tesco staff, full expenses paid for tesco staff visits to site and many more. Even medium/ larger companies in the SW are losing thousands each week partly due to the expense of maintaining supermarket business.

Tesco also conduct a PIU audit of food suppliers every year which looks at every aspect of food safety as well as protecting the Tesco brand. The audit should be based on Technical/ Quality issues, but many in the food industry think the audit is flawed and based on commercial activities. If you are looking for a price increase you will fail the audit, agree to drop your prices you will pass. Some supermarkets are better than others, but Tesco are generally regarded as the one that treats its suppliers the worst. Every little helps...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:39 am

I worked in Sainsburys and was a dept head. Frozen foods was part of my responsibility and we had a freezer malfunction where all the stock defrosted overnight and there were hundreds of packs of thawed out chicken breasts, prawns, sausages etc all in soggy boxes.

I started to write it all off and dispose of it but the manager said he wanted it all refrozen and sold because it would affect bonuses if it all went down as wastage. I refused to do it and told all my department what had happened so under no circumstances should they refreeze it and put it back out.

I had a training course that afternoon and part way through I got a phone call saying the manager had told them to put it all back on sale and they didn't want to refuse the manager so I left the training course and headed back to my store and disposed of it all.

After that u was shat on every day by the management team. Staff were taken frommy dept to do other roles so my stats were terrible, my staffs holiday requests were always refused even though I'd signed them off, and I used to work every Saturday so I could have a Tuesday off to look after Kaz's son but the manager made me take Saturdays off, the busiest day by far that everyone wanted off, so I couldn't have Tuesdays.

So I left.

Can you imagine thawed out prawns being refrozen and sold? Supermarkets couldn't give a toss as long as their figures look good.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:42 am

the way around this is to go see your local farmer and buy from him. cheaper for you, more pay for him.

im working on something called regenerative agriculture at the mo, maximising farmers incomes and ensuring the reliability of the food supply chain by conserving soil- whether that be by ploughing along contors (up and down robs soil of nutrients when it rains) or by using no chemicals in a permaculture style of farming.

it more indepth than that but thats the basis of it
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:51 am

Some like their burgers medium to well done. I prefer mine good to firm
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

On his way to the butcher's counter! Maybe tesco should change their strap line to "Tesco: Every my little pony helps..."

I think someone wants to kill me, I woke up this morning with a pack of Tesco Burgers on my pillow.

Last edited by Chemical Ali on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:28 am

A woman has been taken into hospital after eating horse burgers.. It's said her condition is stable...
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:37 am

I bought some burgers from tesco that were low in fat but high in Shergar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:53 am

I had a pie last night and I woke up with a sore throat, now my voice is a little horse.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 1:15 pm

enough of this horse play..
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 2:24 pm

Had horse burgers in Tunisia by accident the sign said beef burgers. Only found out they were horse when we read the French translation oops sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 2:50 pm

I've just checked those Tesco burgers in the fridge... and they're off!

I had some last night. Totally gave me the trots! Possibly because they are low in fat but high in shergar! Apparently they're still on the shelves at some branches of Tesco's. But not furlong.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:56 pm

How strange. Hamburgers is an anagram of "shergar bum" pig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 7:41 pm

What's worse is there was pork in them as well, that's worse for Jews and Muslims, people that don't like eating horses are just a tree huggers.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 8:52 pm

fond memorys of working on the euro disney job,horse stew on a friday in the canteen,,,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 8:54 pm

I would eat anything as long as I saw someone else eating it first.

The only thing I ever turned down was the still warm raw liver that had just been cut from a freshly slaughtered sheep when I lived in Africa.

Did anyone see the film based on the true story of the Argentinian rugby team who crashed in the mountains in a plane? The survivors were the ones who decided to eat meat from the people who had been killed on impact.

If you had to eat someone who had recently died to stay alive, would you choose to eat a good friend or someone you didn't like?
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 8:56 pm

posh spices arse,,,,iam on a diat
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 8:56 pm

posh spices arse,,,,iam on a diat
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 9:14 pm

on a similar vain,,,,,camles toe found in primark leggings
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 9:17 pm

To beef or not to beef?

That is equestrian.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 9:23 pm

Saddle of beef - yum yum

A local butcher has been caught selling illegal burgers behind Becher's Brook - he's asked for 36 other fences to be taken into consideration.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:25 pm

interesting that food agency in ireland found this out, i assume theire food standards are higher than ours !

buying from butchers/grocers/fish mongers is cheaper in the long run. the quality is better & you get something to fill you up rather than make you crave for more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers   Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers Empty

Back to top Go down

Horse meat found in Tesco and Aldi beef burgers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next