Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Horse racing thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Horse racing thread Empty
PostSubject: Horse racing thread   Horse racing thread EmptyWed May 16, 2012 12:48 pm

So after my cracking 7-1 tip for the Scottish National, and my slightly more disappointing 3rd in the Grand National at 14-1, I have perused the good racing from York today and will share with you a horse I have waited 4 weeks to run again.

Tartiflette in the 4.45 York, currently 5-1 is an absolute each-way steal. With 4 places it is in my humble opinion a bet to nothing. On all known form it should win easily, although I have to say it is an early season 3yr old handicap so most of the runners are open to improvement. She won her maiden in an above average Doncaster race on good to soft ground, just like today, and was put away for the winter before turning out last month in a hot Newbury handicap which she almost won after having to squeeze through a tiny gap between horses, but was just caught on the line by a horse that subsequently came 5th in the French Guineas.

She beat some decent horses in that race including Red Quarter by 5 lengths, and this horse won a really good handicap at Newmarket last week. So the form is solid and with the debut run behind her this season she should have blown away the cobwebs and be spot on for today's race.

At 5-1 and with 4 places, an eachway bet would give a small profit for a place and a really nice profit for a win.

If it loses, this was Tring and Rickler editing a post about the European Championship squad about to be announced by Roy Hodgson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing thread   Horse racing thread EmptyWed May 16, 2012 12:51 pm

Jock your post was going well until you mentioned football, how dare you come onto this site and talk about football it's not on yah know clown
Back to top Go down
pilgrim_pete

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing thread   Horse racing thread EmptyWed May 16, 2012 1:04 pm

I'm on it GJ, thanks for the tip!

Like a dabble on the horses myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing thread   Horse racing thread EmptyWed May 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Sorry. It finished 5th typically.

Was hampered at the start but would only have got a place at best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing thread   Horse racing thread EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Greenjock wrote:

I put all the money I have on that horse based on your say-so. I am now off to commit suicide. Don't worry, I haven't named you in my suicide note.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing thread   Horse racing thread EmptyWed May 16, 2012 7:06 pm

There are very few poor bookmakers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing thread   Horse racing thread EmptyWed May 16, 2012 8:03 pm

knecht wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

I put all the money I have on that horse based on your say-so. I am now off to commit suicide. Don't worry, I haven't named you in my suicide note.

Who's been posting as me again. STEWARDS ENQUIRY!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing thread   Horse racing thread EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 1:10 pm

BALLYANDY for me in the first race at Cheltenham 1.30pm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing thread   Horse racing thread EmptySun Jul 23, 2017 9:47 pm

looks like we've got a new crap horse attempting to run tomorrow....MONSIEUR JIMMY 20.25@Beverley 20/1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing thread   Horse racing thread EmptyTue Jul 25, 2017 1:31 pm

Monsieur Jimmy came 2nd at 22/1 by a head (insert filthy remarks please Very Happy ).

Today we have a proper shit horse for our Exeter chums up the road, ST JAMES PARK, 8.00@Chelmsford 40/1 !!!
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing thread   Horse racing thread EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 1:00 pm

Wylde Magic

2:50 Chepstow

11/8

An observation not a tip.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing thread   Horse racing thread EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 2:40 pm

One for the not so little anymore " LITTLE JIMMY " 3.55 Chepstow 33/1
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing thread   Horse racing thread EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 3:11 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Wylde Magic

2:50 Chepstow

11/8

An observation not a tip.

It came 3rd.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horse racing thread   Horse racing thread Empty

Back to top Go down