Moist_Von_Lipwig
Sir Francis Drake
akagreengull
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
swampy

The question is....... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:57 am

Your predictions are that we will lose the next 4 fixtures. Do you still believe that or do you think we will get back on track?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:55 pm

If Argyle do not get near enough points from the other 5 fixtures [and sides near to us do],could we well see Exeter City relegating Argyle on March 30th..

I can see Argyle only getting either 7 or 9 points from the final 11 fixtures. Just my hunch of course....

Or will it go down to the wire as many are suggesting,with the likes of Torquay United and York City embroiled in to the equation also.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:07 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
If Argyle do not get near enough points from the other 5 fixtures [and sides near to us do],could we well see Exeter City relegating Argyle on March 30th..

Or will it go down to the wire as many are suggesting.

I would say that Exeter relegating us is mathematically impossible. We would still have 5 games left to play. In the meantime the bottom 10 will all play games against each other meaning that mathematically teams will drop points, let alone realistically.

As we stand I would snap your hand off for needing a point at Rochdale to stay up.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:09 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Or will it go down to the wire as many are suggesting.

I would say that Exeter relegating us is mathematically impossible. We would still have 5 games left to play. In the meantime the bottom 10 will all play games against each other meaning that mathematically teams will drop points, let alone realistically.

As we stand I would snap your hand off for needing a point at Rochdale to stay up.

Ok,thanks for that information.

And i would offer that hand gladly....

Rochdale could well see a huge invasion of the green army if that does end up being the case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:31 pm

Indeed Village. I've been given the weekend pass already should we need it.

Rochdale's capacity is 10,000 but as teh away fans are housed on one side they can technically give up to 3,500 for away fans. If fate was within our own hands I can still see this being tested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:38 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
Indeed Village. I've been given the weekend pass already should we need it.

Rochdale's capacity is 10,000 but as teh away fans are housed on one side they can technically give up to 3,500 for away fans. If fate was within our own hands I can still see this being tested.

Sadly i think it will all be over by then
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:54 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
I would say that Exeter relegating us is mathematically impossible.

You are pretty much on the money there Pokey and under normal circumstances I would be happy to suggest that we should have the privilege, pleasure and honour of placing the lid securely on and with the banging in of the first nail begin a process to be followed up by your next five opponents which seals your demise. Unfortunately you have to play Rov'rum and gone for a in those five so may well be in a position to do us a fave, the Turks also have 'fud and the Gills in that period so the two of you could have the dubious pleasure of saving yourselves while providing a nice little cush fo Devon's Finest, we shall of course in the meantime be battering AFC for you.

What might make an interesting last day would be if you were still in the frame along with both the Turks and the Gas who meet at Plainmorgue, by that time all real Reds should naturally be on their knees wishing god speed to the 'fail as our fate would either be d&d or in our own hands.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:28 pm

swampy wrote:
Your predictions are that we will lose the next 4 fixtures. Do you still believe that or do you think we will get back on track?

The next 4 games are

Gillingham (A)
Fleetwood (H)
Bradford (H)
Southend (A)

Gillingham are top of the League and the other 3 fill the first 3 non-play-off places. They could hardly be tougher games and 4 defeats doesn't look that impossible to me.

Anything better than 4 points would be fantastic and would probably save our season and 4 defeats will leave us effectively dead and all but buried.

Desperate, desperate times.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:40 pm

Like brian green on the farm i'm just grateful to jb for saving us and giving us all the enjoyment that we have errr enjoyed this season, excuse my manners james and good evening, also i would like to thank chris and ian for helping jb save the club, i feel truly blessed just to be an argyle fan no matter what league we are in i would like to also thank nick chadwick warren feeny and carl fletcher for their part in this glorious season, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:45 pm

I know we're pretty shit, but we're playing the 8th and 9th placed teams at Home Park. If Sheridan can build on the Barnet result and performance to drum a bit of belief in to them, there's no reason why we shouldn't have a fighting chance in those games.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:56 pm

I hope you're right. And you might be. It's all guesswork after all.

Fleetwood's recent form is poor and Bradford's cup run will now be a hindrance rather than a boost. The euphoria will have long since been spent and all that will be remaining is tired limbs and tired minds. Maybe.

The away games look really tough. Southend's recent form isn't great and we know that Sturrock will freshen things up.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:04 pm

Thinking about it, if you offered me 4 points from those games, I'd decline. If offered 5 points I'd accept. If 6 points were the offer, I'd snap yer hand off. Any more than 6 points and I'd link arms with Brian Green and Saracen 10 whilst we sit in Block 3 in our Jesters hats singing "We're Plymouth Argyle!We're trying our best"!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 9:32 pm

Saracen 10 is a real poster who just decided to stop posting when people on here pointed out that the likelihood is he might well be a multi account, and BrianGreen is a really intelligent guy with a mind suited to critical analysis and deep thought. I'm not sure why you singled those two out when you could have picked on OllieArgyle9 and esmer, who display none of these traits.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 10:00 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Like brian green on the farm i'm just grateful to jb for saving us and giving us all the enjoyment that we have errr enjoyed this season, excuse my manners james and good evening, also i would like to thank chris and ian for helping jb save the club, i feel truly blessed just to be an argyle fan no matter what league we are in i would like to also thank nick chadwick warren feeny and carl fletcher for their part in this glorious season, thank you.

It really tugs at the heart strings to hear it put into words in such a heart felt way......I must stop I'm welling up.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 11:31 pm

Nurse! Nurse! SS68 is out of bed again and on the computer! Shocked

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 2:59 am

if it goes to the last game i doubt we'd get anywhere near 3,500.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 6:16 am

Lord Aviva wrote:
if it goes to the last game i doubt we'd get anywhere near 3,500.

I would bet we would. Argyle playing a one off league game to preserve our league status. We have a reputation for mobilising for games like these. It wouldn't surprise me if we saw gates in excess of 12k at home for the last two home games if we're in the mix.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 6:57 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Thinking about it, if you offered me 4 points from those games, I'd decline. If offered 5 points I'd accept. If 6 points were the offer, I'd snap yer hand off. Any more than 6 points and I'd link arms with Brian Green and Saracen 10 whilst we sit in Block 3 in our Jesters hats singing "We're Plymouth Argyle!We're trying our best"!

lol! I thought that was some kind of joke. They really sing those words ????? What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face jocolor jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 6:31 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Nurse! Nurse! SS68 is out of bed again and on the computer! Shocked
I'm not mad moulders, the doctor gave me a certificate to prove it confused cheers
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 5:33 pm

So we lost at Gillingham. No surprises there. It was a game we were never likely to get anything from and 2-1 isn't that bad as defeats go.

It's the next 2 games (Bradford and Fleetwood both at home) that will define our season's prospects. 2 defeats and we're sunk but 2 wins and we're almost whistling Dixie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 5:39 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
So we lost at Gillingham. No surprises there. It was a game we were never likely to get anything from and 2-1 isn't that bad as defeats go.

It's the next 2 games (Bradford and Fleetwood both at home) that will define our season's prospects. 2 defeats and we're sunk but 2 wins and we're almost whistling Dixie.
our players are serial losers franny, the pressure will get to them and they will bottle it! best we will get is two draws methinks.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 5:46 pm

I'd almost take that right now. I'd definitely settle for 3 points.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 6:20 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Somehow i really can't see Argyle getting anything from these two,especially Fleetwood.

Bradford will probably com down and snatch 3 points from under our noses,while Fleetwood will no doubt walk away with 3 points,after hardly putting in no effort at all.

Both teams are still in with a shout at the Play-Offs,so these two are going to be no cake walk that's for sure.

This time next week,Argyle could well be even further adrift at the bottom.

On the other hand,if Argyle can muster up the strength and get 4 points maximum from the two games,that might just give them a lift [wishful thinking i suppose].

Fixtures for the sides in the danger zone up to March 19th 2013 :-

Tuesday,March 12th
Accrington
V
Fleetwood 19:45

Dag & Red
V
Torquay 19:45

Oxford Utd
V
Barnet 19:45

Plymouth
V
Bradford 19:45

Southend
V
Wimbledon 19:45

York
V
Rochdale 19:45

Saturday 16th March 2013
Accrington
V
Barnet 15:00

Aldershot
V
Wimbledon 15:00

Plymouth
V
Fleetwood 15:00

Southend
V
Torquay 15:00

York
V
Port Vale 15:00

Tuesday 19th March 2013
Accrington
V
Wimbledon 19:45

Southend
V
Plymouth 19:45

Torquay
V
Chesterfield 19:45

Barnet
V
Fleetwood 19:45

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 6:59 pm

Given our upcoming fixtures Bradford might be our best chance of 3 points for a while. They have pretty much flat-lined since their cup final and I suspect their players might be starting to suspect that their play off challenge is over.

On the face of it there are 7 teams still in it, but with Aldershot, Barnet and the Wombles picking up points regularly it's probably between us, Accy, Torquay and York. If we can get a win at Bradford we could get above Torquay and Accrington with a home match against an out-of-form Fleetwood to come.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 7:06 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Given our upcoming fixtures Bradford might be our best chance of 3 points for a while. They have pretty much flat-lined since their cup final and I suspect their players might be starting to suspect that their play off challenge is over.

On the face of it there are 7 teams still in it, but with Aldershot, Barnet and the Wombles picking up points regularly it's probably between us, Accy, Torquay and York. If we can get a win at Bradford we could get above Torquay and Accrington with a home match against an out-of-form Fleetwood to come.

Possibly,possibly not. I agree it now looks almost certain that it will be between Argyle,Accrington,Torquay,AFC,Aldershot,York, and Barnet for the time being. With a possible final four of Argyle,Accrington,Torquay and York after the nitty-gritty is out the way by the month end..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The question is.......   The question is....... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The question is.......
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next