Coxside_Green
seadog
Highwayman
Chemical Ali
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Sheridan's prematch message Empty
PostSubject: Sheridan's prematch message   Sheridan's prematch message EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 5:34 pm

Quote :
BEFORE I start, I’d like to thank everybody for making me feel so welcome at the club.

Plymouth Argyle is a great football club and does not deserve to be where it is now.

Hopefully, if we all work together, we can make our way back up the table once more.

Three of our next four games are at Home Park and I am looking forward to seeing a pumping stadium on Saturday.

Jim Bentley has built a good side at Morecambe but we will be looking to take the game to them.

Every game we play at home, we are going to play an attacking formation and we are going to try to win the game. We have to do that.

But we're not going to be naive – we have make sure that we don't leave ourselves open.

I want players to go out and be positive and don’t be frightened about making a mistake. I’d rather see a player try to do the right thing and make a mistake, and carry on doing that.

It’s important that we’ll be positive and concentrate on what is going to make us, hopefully, win the game.

I've been lucky enough to bring in two players this week.

I was really pleased to get Ronan Murray in.

He's a good young player with good intelligence but, for me, his most impressive feature is his hunger to play games.

He's a young lad, coming a long way from home, but when the call came, he didn't hesitate. He was straight in the car.

Paul Jewell and Mick McCarthy, who have both managed him at Ipswich, have spoken fondly of him and I can't wait to see what he can do.

Guy Branston also joined us on Friday.

I've known Guy for many years and it's great to have a player of his experience in the ranks.

I believe he was here as a youngster and he has family close by so he should be able to settle in quite quickly.

when I came here I said that our fans could play a vital part in our fight to stay in the Football League and that is definitely the case.

I can’t wait for Saturday and look forward to seeing you there.

John.

For the first time in a number of years I'm actually looking forward to an Argyle game. It will be good if we can play an attacking formation with plenty of overlapping wing play (with decent set pieces). Good positive piece unlike fletch's incoherent ramblings.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan's prematch message   Sheridan's prematch message EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:11 pm

I like the cut of his jib and he gives out a bit of confidence, I hope it's not misplaced.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan's prematch message   Sheridan's prematch message EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:18 pm

That has to inspire the team too, very encouraging.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan's prematch message   Sheridan's prematch message EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:22 pm

[quote="John Sheridan"]
Quote :

Hopefully, if we all work together, we can make our way back up the table once more.

This is the bit that worries me. The management and players need to work together and us fans need to support them on the day. The problem I see is the twatter stalking dimwits who try getting too friendly, quickly turning professionals into less than Sunday League standard. Nool, Ghoul & Co need to step back.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan's prematch message   Sheridan's prematch message EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:23 pm

Yep I like it too. It's simple, yet informative, and clearly gets the message across.

I shall be purchasing my 3for2 in the morning, 'cos I'm a praaaaaper fan.

jocolor jocolor jocolor

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan's prematch message   Sheridan's prematch message EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:29 pm

Rooooaaaarrrrrr!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan's prematch message   Sheridan's prematch message EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:35 pm

Looking forward to a match now the nightmare is over,super jonny shez will keep us up of that i'm sure,,,,,,,,,,, shez inn ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, brentt inn,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, see you all at the twatfest jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan's prematch message   Sheridan's prematch message EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:41 pm

More positive things there in one press statement than in all the time Clueless was in charge. Lets hope they can walk the walk too.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan's prematch message   Sheridan's prematch message EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:47 pm

I feel abit more optimistic reading that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan's prematch message   Sheridan's prematch message EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:48 pm

Just as Fletcher's discomfort in front of a microphone was actually not necessarily a measure of how good a manager he was (it was actually), Sheridan's impressive PR is no measure of how good a manager he will turn out to be for Argyle. Let's see after a few games.

But it's a bloody good start!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan's prematch message   Sheridan's prematch message EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 7:03 pm

Iggy wrote:
Rooooaaaarrrrrr!
ROOOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRR
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan's prematch message   Sheridan's prematch message EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 7:04 pm

knecht wrote:
Just as Fletcher's discomfort in front of a microphone was actually not necessarily a measure of how good a manager he was (it was actually), Sheridan's impressive PR is no measure of how good a manager he will turn out to be for Argyle. Let's see after a few games.

lets hope he doesn't turn out to be a cock like hollowords spouting nonsense just because he wants to be heard and that JS refrains from stupid one liners and quips.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan's prematch message   Sheridan's prematch message EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 7:10 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Rooooaaaarrrrrr!
ROOOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRR

ROOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRR
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan's prematch message   Sheridan's prematch message EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 7:22 pm

A good message and a good start by JS. Smile

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Slackjaw

Slackjaw

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan's prematch message   Sheridan's prematch message EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Rooooaaaarrrrrr!
ROOOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRR

ROOOOOOAAAAAAAAARRRRR

Meowwww cough cough
RRRROOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan's prematch message   Sheridan's prematch message EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 9:59 pm

knecht wrote:

i agree i rather see action than i would constant battle cries... if i wanted to read nothing but hot air from someone who is all fart and no poo i'd follow chris webbs twitter.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan's prematch message   Sheridan's prematch message EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:10 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
knecht wrote:

i agree i rather see action than i would constant battle cries... if i wanted to read nothing but hot air from someone who is all fart and no poo i'd follow chris webbs twitter.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan's prematch message   Sheridan's prematch message EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 10:40 pm

Our dog just pumped. Or was it the dog?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan's prematch message   Sheridan's prematch message EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 9:19 am

Davidfriio4 wrote:
knecht wrote:

lets hope he doesn't turn out to be a cock like hollowords spouting nonsense just because he wants to be heard and that JS refrains from stupid one liners and quips.

I thought Holloway was perfect for Argyle. If Stapleton and his greedy chums, supported by the farm politburo, had sought out a new owner or at the very least brought in investment when our stock was high, we could well have had a taste of the top flight by now, with all the resultant benefits, including a much larger fanbase.
Holloway may be a buffoon in some ways but he's box office, he gets the club noticed and his accent was almost puuuuuurfect for this westcountry outpost.

We really could have been something, the westcountry Naaaaaaaaaarich but no, we trusted in Stapes and his lovely family. W@nkers. No

Good luck John Sheridan. Please don't listen to the dimwitted janners currently infesting the club.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sheridan's prematch message   Sheridan's prematch message Empty

Back to top Go down

Sheridan's prematch message
Page 1 of 1