Freathy
Noseyparker
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

BRING BACK STAPES - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK STAPES   BRING BACK STAPES - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 7:07 pm

I think there is a serious point to follow on from the title and some of the subsequent replies.We are frequently led to believe that the club has no money [although enough money has apparently been found to pay Fletcher off after lack of finance being one of the main reasons given for his non dismissal for the past few months], due partly to the rather over optimistic breakeven gate of 8000 being the budget determinator.Mr Brent is apparently bankrolling the club out of his own money to cover the weekly losses.This begs two questions;

a.What are the other directors on the board contributing to assist in this seemingly unfair distribution of financial burden

b.Has the possiblity of bringing in additional financial help from local professional/businessmen [or even reasonably wealthy Argyle fans based elsewhere] been explored to the optimum? If not,why not-who in their right mind would be prepared to incur hefty personal losses when others may well be able to assist?

Certainly wouldn't want to see Stapes or any of the other people who brought the club to its knees back at Home park but it has to be said that,outclassed as they were at second tier level,the aforesaid local businessmen/professionals were able to keep Argyle at least in the top level of the third tier for the majority of its history.Do they not exist anymore or would there be other reasons for not seeking help from outside of current boardroom personnel?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK STAPES   BRING BACK STAPES - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 7:15 pm

Freathy wrote:
Bring back Mad Dan!

Remember when he banned the Herald from HP

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK STAPES   BRING BACK STAPES - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 7:25 pm

bring back ivor dwendeys
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK STAPES   BRING BACK STAPES - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Take away women's right to vote, bring back debtor's prison, bring back work-houses, bring back public flogging, bring back slavery, bring back public hanging, oh and bring back Stapes. pale
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK STAPES   BRING BACK STAPES - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 8:07 pm

Mike Searle wrote:
Take away women's right to vote, bring back debtor's prison, bring back work-houses, bring back public flogging, bring back slavery, bring back public hanging, oh and bring back Stapes. pale

why not bring them all back except for stapes
Back to top Go down
Partridge_Green

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK STAPES   BRING BACK STAPES - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:34 pm

Dan Mac didn't give a shit about the club but at least he was open about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK STAPES   BRING BACK STAPES - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:38 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
Stapes is pushing it too far.

I would rather take Macauley over Derriford anyday...and thats saying summit

Even when you're sober? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK STAPES   BRING BACK STAPES - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:50 pm

I would love to hear the truth about the involvement of the London Spivs. It was down hill all the way once they appeared.
I remember sitting there in the Lyndy before the televised Forest game while Todd spouted his shit about the World Cup bid. On the pitch we were already a basket case & it was clear to me that buffoon didn't give a shit, it was World Cup, back the bid bla, bla, bla.

For me given a choice between Stapes Mk1 (pre. London spivs) & Brent then Stapes every time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK STAPES   BRING BACK STAPES - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 9:57 pm

Bring back small pox and bubonic plague oh and bring back Stapes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK STAPES   BRING BACK STAPES - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:46 pm

Is John Conways still around? My mate pissed himself after a skinful before the game and casually walked in and put on a pair and walked out.

Very smart they were too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK STAPES   BRING BACK STAPES - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:59 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Is John Conways still around? My mate pissed himself after a skinful before the game and casually walked in and put on a pair and walked out.

Very smart they were too.

Not much class then, Louis International was across the road and up a bit. Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK STAPES   BRING BACK STAPES - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 7:20 am

Greenskin wrote:
I think there is a serious point to follow on from the title and some of the subsequent replies.We are frequently led to believe that the club has no money [although enough money has apparently been found to pay Fletcher off after lack of finance being one of the main reasons given for his non dismissal for the past few months], due partly to the rather over optimistic breakeven gate of 8000 being the budget determinator.Mr Brent is apparently bankrolling the club out of his own money to cover the weekly losses.This begs two questions;

a.What are the other directors on the board contributing to assist in this seemingly unfair distribution of financial burden

b.Has the possiblity of bringing in additional financial help from local professional/businessmen [or even reasonably wealthy Argyle fans based elsewhere] been explored to the optimum? If not,why not-who in their right mind would be prepared to incur hefty personal losses when others may well be able to assist?

Certainly wouldn't want to see Stapes or any of the other people who brought the club to its knees back at Home park but it has to be said that,outclassed as they were at second tier level,the aforesaid local businessmen/professionals were able to keep Argyle at least in the top level of the third tier for the majority of its history.Do they not exist anymore or would there be other reasons for not seeking help from outside of current boardroom personnel?

Nool told us from day one there wouldn't be any walleted directors on the board.

The way I understand it is the 'seemingly unfair distribution of financial burden' comes down to Brent being the sole/majority shareholder (86% with the remaining 14% tied up as convertible shares between Richard Holliday and Anthony Vaughan as part of the car park landgrab?).

Take away the 'Argyle supporter' factor, I don't think anyone in their right mind would invest any meaningful sum of money into the club, especially in the farcical way it's currently being run, without any real say or power as to how the money would be best used. Given Brent wants £400k for a 20% share which doesn't even give voting rights, buying into the club in the normal manner doesn't appear to be an option either.

Nikkkk did start a thread on PASOTI urging local businessmen to get together, from memory he was prompted to go speak to Mr Brent. As we know he ended up sponsoring the Demport for an undisclosed amount. I suppose that avenue is still open but isn't very attractive for your typical investor.

While I'm sure Brent doesn't want to put in more than is necessary, I think control is more important to him considering what's at stake (property developments). Once he has everything he wants in place maybe then we'll see the changes in structure the club needs.
Back to top Go down
Noseyparker

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK STAPES   BRING BACK STAPES - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 12:34 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Nool told us from day one there wouldn't be any walleted directors on the board.

The way I understand it is the 'seemingly unfair distribution of financial burden' comes down to Brent being the sole/majority shareholder (86% with the remaining 14% tied up as convertible shares between Richard Holliday and Anthony Vaughan as part of the car park landgrab?).

Take away the 'Argyle supporter' factor, I don't think anyone in their right mind would invest any meaningful sum of money into the club, especially in the farcical way it's currently being run, without any real say or power as to how the money would be best used. Given Brent wants £400k for a 20% share which doesn't even give voting rights, buying into the club in the normal manner doesn't appear to be an option either.

Nikkkk did start a thread on PASOTI urging local businessmen to get together, from memory he was prompted to go speak to Mr Brent. As we know he ended up sponsoring the Demport for an undisclosed amount. I suppose that avenue is still open but isn't very attractive for your typical investor.

While I'm sure Brent doesn't want to put in more than is necessary, I think control is more important to him considering what's at stake (property developments). Once he has everything he wants in place maybe then we'll see the changes in structure the club needs.

Probably right apart from last bit. Offload the club to the fans with it riddled with debt. Doesn't that explain why some fans are jockeying for position and agreeing with every move JB makes? It think its called "selling your soul".

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK STAPES   BRING BACK STAPES - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 2:41 pm

Noseyparker wrote:

Probably right apart from last bit. Offload the club to the fans with it riddled with debt. Doesn't that explain why some fans are jockeying for position and agreeing with every move JB makes? It think its called "selling your soul".

I would've thought the more £ Brent puts into the club the less likely he'll pass the club over to a bunch of Janner dimwits (assuming he wants his money back eventually).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BRING BACK STAPES   BRING BACK STAPES - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

BRING BACK STAPES
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2