Mapperley, darling
Mock Cuncher
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
seadog
Admin

Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 12:40 pm

No, they will be in Superfan heaven, or twitter as it is more commonly known.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 4:03 pm

The missus just rang. Apparently the neighbours felt roof off of his shed is flapping around and looks like it may end up on my lawn.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 4:17 pm

seadog wrote:
No, they will be in Superfan heaven, or twitter as it is more commonly known.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 4:19 pm

The plastic greenhouse my missus uses has flown right over the fence and down the road. I would've ran after it but it's cold, wet and windy so i'll wait for a neighbour to bring it back Razz
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 4:32 pm

I'd have thought that it being 'wet' would suit you down to the graaaaind Jock, you big aubergine you.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 4:39 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
I'd have thought that it being 'wet' would suit you down to the graaaaind Jock, you big aubergine you.

I'm as dry as a nuns crotch and cool as a courgette Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 5:28 pm

It's raining here. Quite a lot, in fact.

On my way home from today's mundanity, I had two walks, both under five minutes, a wait in a bus shelter and (naturally) a bus journey. Despite wearing a thick coat of the showerproof variety, and a jumper, and a t-shirt, my ladies underwear garment (upper half) was soaking wet by the time I got home. As were my socks.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 5:30 pm

As I was leaving Callington I had to dodge a fallen down tree. Pirate FM said that a lot of areas in Cornwall were flooded, St Judes is wet but Flood free.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 5:32 pm

Peggy wrote:

On my way home from today's mundanity, I had two walks, both under five minutes, a wait in a bus shelter and (naturally) a bus journey. Despite wearing a thick coat of the showerproof variety, and a jumper, and a t-shirt, my ladies underwear garment (upper half) was soaking wet by the time I got home. As were my socks.

No wonder you got wet as you didn't wear anything on your bottom half (apart from socks)? I imagine going commando can be quite embarrassing in these gusts Laughing
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 5:35 pm

London is dry & only a smidgeon breezy.

I've walked 8 miles today (having been over indulging lately).

And I can't bloody well get home to see my family tonight, as planned (trains are cancelled). And I miss them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 5:40 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Peggy wrote:

No wonder you got wet as you didn't wear anything on your bottom half (apart from socks)? I imagine going commando can be quite embarrassing in these gusts Laughing

I was in fact wearing jeans, along with a ladies' underwear garment (lower half). Both of which were so wet I couldn't bear to post about them.

But my travails are as nothing compared to Jon not being able to get home to see his family.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 5:57 pm

My bottom half, undergarment and jeans, are soaking too.

I really should get my act together and get up and go to the toilet sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 6:07 pm

As predicted, my neighbours felt roof is now on my lawn. Mad
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 6:32 pm

The sun is shining here. A beautiful day. 24C

Turkey on the BBQ...

Happy Thanksgiving, fellow Pilgrims!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 6:44 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 6:46 pm

Floods bleddy everywhere. By Plymouth standards I had an epic journey home - Honicknowle (flooded by YMCA), Crownhill Road (Flooded by Transit Way turn) Eggbuckand (just flooded...everywhere) Mutley (curiously unaffected) Stuart Road (Flooded by railway bridge) and Paradise Road (flooded by the College) then home. Went the long way round because everyone else was in my way on the main roads - A38, A386 etc. Selfish barstewards: didn't they know I was trying to get home?
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Now hurtling at 20mph from Bristol towards Taunton. Where the train will terminate.

And I've just seen a man canoeing up to his front door. He lives near Bristol - this may be the norm up North.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 2:35 pm

They changed the telegraph poles across from my my place and left the old pole in the field. I spotted it about 1mile downstream from where it started its journey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:47 pm

I've just got in after I had to go and rescue a mate and his missus who's hatchback had stalled in a flood up the road by the bridge. The water was about a foot deep coming down the road, I was wet up,to my waist it was hard to stand against it in,places. It is really mental out there. Got some good photos, I will post them tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 11:00 pm

My roof is leaking worse than ever.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 11:13 pm

Its a tad damp up here as well! affraid

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:19 am

Damn...

Not a cloud in sight!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:30 am

Getting pretty serious, innit? There's a woman dead in Exeter after a tree fell on her, people being evacuated from their homes in Plymouth and elsewhere, major roads closed, no trains ... and apparently more rain to come.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:47 am

We've got tickets to see Santa at Wookey Hole today but we're surrounded by flooded areas. Had to re-arrange the visit for next week but step-son (Cool isn't too pleased because it's sunny here at the moment.

It's near where the old man died after getting trapped in his car on Tuesday.

Bath is almost impossible to reach from here, Bristol area part of the motorway is closed, and in Minehead they're having to be rescued by boat.

I know Cornwall has been hit hard because of photo's being posted on Facebook, and there's another band of bad weather expected this evening.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:23 am

Rickler wrote:
Damn...

Not a cloud in sight!

You can off people you know Rickler!!! Very Happy

And I can guess it's quite warm as well! Sad

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ain't never known a night like it,   Ain't never known a night like it, - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ain't never known a night like it,
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next