Warny
akagreengull
6 posters
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

My only response is ...... Empty
PostSubject: My only response is ......   My only response is ...... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 10:27 am

Plymouth Argyle has had a run of bad luck, says manager Carl Fletcher

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Plymouth Herald
Follow.

MANAGER Carl Fletcher believes Plymouth Argyle have not been getting 'the rub of the green' in recent matches.

It is five games without a win in League Two for the Pilgrims, who are away to Bradford City at Valley Parade tonight (7.45pm).

Carl Fletcher

I can only say you deluded tw@t !
Not a hint of motivation or inspiration in the article.
elephant

Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: My only response is ......   My only response is ...... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:17 pm

Home Park is starting to look like a giant sand pit - the board, management and players all have their arses in the air, heads buried. Nobody is taking responsibility and I assume they'll be blaming leprechauns or hobbits next.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: My only response is ......   My only response is ...... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:23 pm

I know it's easy to criticise Fletcher and everyone on here is probably fed up with moaning about the manager, but once again He is going on about the merits of the opposition and how they have improved etc. How can the players be inspired let alone the fans. Every manager moans about the pitch, the ref etc from Sir Alex down but Fletcher is so use to saying it, it's embarrassing. I fear another bad night.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: My only response is ......   My only response is ...... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 12:43 pm

Warny wrote:
Home Park is starting to look like a giant sand pit - the board, management and players all have their arses in the air, heads buried. Nobody is taking responsibility and I assume they'll be blaming leprechauns or hobbits next.

Nope. It'll be all the fault of ATD and them apathetic janners.

'Don't listen to 'em James. They'm naaaaat praaaaaper Avivas !'

The club is desperately in need of some class, integrity and a real football man in charge of the playing side. Is that really too much to ask ?

We have superfans and Avivafests, same old self promoting bollox but nothing of any real worth or substance.
The so called pres. acts like an overgrown cheerleader, Nool rattles buckets, the media people are too afraid to do or say anything without approval, the squad is weak and bloated, the coaching staff can't communicate or motivate.................. apart from that, all seems well No

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My only response is ......   My only response is ...... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 1:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lol! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: My only response is ......   My only response is ...... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:04 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

lol! jocolor

'James Brent' gets it alright Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: My only response is ......   My only response is ...... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:10 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

lol! jocolor

As far as cringeworthiness goes, that is...

OFF THE FU(KING SCALE!!! lol!

SHUT THE FU(K UP, YOU VILLAGE IDIOTS!!!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: My only response is ......   My only response is ...... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:29 pm

oh dear
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My only response is ......   My only response is ...... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 2:34 pm

I'm proud to be a Janner, it's such a shame we have such a shit club in an otherwise very proud city.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: My only response is ......   My only response is ...... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:11 pm

Janner 14 up, 2 down
Originally old Cornish for 'one who lives by the sea' which pretty much includes everyone in Devon and Cornwall. It since has mutated into a perjorative term used by ignorant and ill informed non-natives (grockles and emmets). The term now almost exclusively applies to the inhabitants of Plymouth largely as they are still unafraid to use the term to describe themselves. I would like to take the time to point out that contrary to some contributions, Plymothians (as the English would prefer) or Janners are not synonymous with the inhabitants of Swilly. Most of these poor unfortunates are a sub-species of Human, let alone Janner. And a blight on that fair City.

Made me smile.

Geddon janner.....

Janner
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For people named Janner, see Janner (surname).
Janner is a British regional nickname associated with people from Plymouth or people who live in areas near the sea, both as a noun and as an adjective for the local accent and colloquialisms. Cyril Tawney's Grey Funnel Lines describes its meaning as "a person from Devon", deriving from Cousin Jan (the Devon form of John), but "more particularly in naval circles anyone from the Plymouth area".[1]
A version of an Oggie Song from Devonport c. 1951 runs as follows:
'Alf a pound of flour and lard, Makes a lovely clacker, Just enough for you and me, Oh Brother Janner, Oh 'ow 'appy uz shall be!, When uz gets to the Westcountry!, Whur the oggies grows on trees, Oh Brother Janner
With the changes in the local economy in Plymouth over the course of the 1980s and 1990s, from the Royal Navy being the major employer to being a university city housing a large number of students from outside the city, the term has developed an additional secondary pejorative sense describing the locals.
Some people nonetheless still have doubts about the specific application and treat Janner as a term that applies to all waterside 'yokels' from any West Country or even south coast port.
It features in the football team Plymouth Argyle supporters' chants, particularly its variant on the folksong Oggy Land.[2] For many years there was a cartoon in the Plymouth Evening Herald entitled 'The Janners'.
The Member of Parliament for Plymouth, Devonport, Alison Seabeck, showed her ignorance of the term in 2005 when, while still a candidate, she was asked by the local paper: "What is a Janner?" The Express on Sunday reported her reply:[3]
The flustered candidate wailed: "I don't know. You're not going to print this, are you?" Unfortunately they did. The answer is a "Plymothian".
Many pamphlets circulate with mischievous amusing and sometimes erotic anthologies and there are short dictionaries of Janner vocabulary, e.g. the Janner TextBook.[4]
It has been used in a television advertisement for Aviva Car Insurance where a heavily made up Paul Whitehouse exhorts a potential automobile passenger to "get on you janner" .[5]
[edit]See also

waterside yokels lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My only response is ......   My only response is ...... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:23 pm

punchdrunk wrote:

lol! jocolor

It's not funny, or entertaining or well sung, and they sing it every week with the number of participants joining in mirrors our league position. They can't even be fecked to lift their arm up to the right parts of the song.

Whether the subject is paedophiles, sex, current politics or bleddy x factor, coz I've seen ponty start his x factor thread in Pasoti as he's outraged at the voting ffs, it still has to be funny if you're supposed to be a feckin comedian! And some of the audience hire them for special occasions I'm told.

Imagine your 18th birthday being held at home park and these two are the act? I'd be throttling my mum shouting "where's the fuckin strippers"

You would think that they would at least practice and pretend they're trying to care.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My only response is ......   My only response is ...... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:33 pm

Can someone mention these words to Tugboat on pasoti please. "Anti Condensation Paint".

Thank you flower
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: My only response is ......   My only response is ...... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:54 pm

I think its quite good,been singing it continuously all afternoon.Admittedly i got a few funny looks when i went to see mum in her dementia ward,they wanted to keep me there but i had 'em all crooning away by the end of my visit and they let me go.

Anyway, i'm off back to the Jewish history thread now.

Janners,Janners.......

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: My only response is ......   My only response is ...... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Greenskin wrote:
I think its quite good,been singing it continuously all afternoon.Admittedly i got a few funny looks when i went to see mum in her dementia ward,they wanted to keep me there but i had 'em all crooning away by the end of my visit and they let me go.

Anyway, i'm off back to the Jewish history thread now.

Janners,Janners.......

Strangely enough, it could be the club song they're always looking for.

Just the first verse mind and the chorus repeated twice, followed by Greeeeeeeeen Arrrrrrrrmeeeeeeee!! lol!

What do we fink meansums ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My only response is ......   My only response is ...... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Bring on the mullets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My only response is ......   My only response is ...... Empty

Back to top Go down

My only response is ......
Page 1 of 1