HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Levein gone-genuinely

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Levein gone-genuinely Empty
PostSubject: Levein gone-genuinely   Levein gone-genuinely EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No big surprise,i suppose.Be interesting to see if a new man can make a difference or has the talent pool dried up in Scotland? Rather sad when you think of Baxter,Mackay,Dalglish,Law etc,who were true greats of the game on a world wide basis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Levein gone-genuinely   Levein gone-genuinely EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:04 pm

Isn't Fletcher Scottish?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Levein gone-genuinely   Levein gone-genuinely EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:15 pm

knecht wrote:
Isn't Fletcher Scottish?

Born in England but played for Wales.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Levein gone-genuinely   Levein gone-genuinely EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:15 pm

Greenskin wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No big surprise,i suppose.Be interesting to see if a new man can make a difference or has the talent pool dried up in Scotland? Rather sad when you think of Baxter,Mackay,Dalglish,Law etc,who were true greats of the game on a world wide basis.

True. Meandering slightly, but imagine how many England Caps Ryan Giggs would have collected too, if he'd carried on representing England instead of being persuaded by his dad to play for Wales.

Another world class player Gareth Bale, looks set to suffer the same fate of never playing at a World Cup or Euro's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Levein gone-genuinely   Levein gone-genuinely EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:16 pm

Greenskin wrote:
knecht wrote:
Isn't Fletcher Scottish?

Born in England but played for Wales.

I'm sure he's Scottish....... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Levein gone-genuinely   Levein gone-genuinely EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:21 pm

knecht wrote:
Isn't Fletcher Scottish?

Foreign to our requirements.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Levein gone-genuinely   Levein gone-genuinely EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:29 pm

I'd have leveine down here and all his scawtish rejects. What say you GJ Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Levein gone-genuinely   Levein gone-genuinely EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:19 pm

Levein was a terrible manager. Granted he doesn't have a great pool of talent to choose from, but he managed to take us from a side contending in our groups, and almost making the play-offs, to the most clueless International team around.

He wasn't decisive, he omitted Kris Commons from the 23 man squad, saying there were 6 better players than him available, despite Commons playing really well in the Champions League with Celtic. Ok that's the managers perogative, but then one player gets injured so Commons gets called up, and goes straight into the starting line-up scratch

How must that make the so-called 5 better players than Commons who were chosen originally?

So frightened of getting hammered by the oppostion, he packed the midfield and played without a striker in the team, in a game we really needed to win, hoping to defend desperatley for the whole match and possibly snatch a goal from a corner or free-kick.

Spain got away with it and won the Euro's playing with no recognised striker, but the only similarity between us and Spain is the letter S.

You got the impression that he sucked any confidence and self-belief out of players, more or less telling them that they weren't as good as the oppostion before a ball was kicked.

I'm glad he's gone, but ashamed that he was another one who couldn't face the truth that they are not up to the job, and had to drag it out when everyone knew he was going to get sacked.

I hear Gordon Strachan is the bookies favourite, and I wouldn't be too upset by that, but for me Walter Smith put Scotland back on track when he was last manager, and I thought he left too early. I would love to see him back with someone like Derek Adams of Ross County in the assistants role, ready to take over in a couple of years.

I know it's only the Scottish Premier League, but Walter Smith won the title 7 times (in a row) in his first 8 year stint as Rangers manager, and then 3 times out of 4 in his second stint.

He took over Rangers when they were a laughing stock, and transformed them into an almost unbeatable team, even taking them to the EUFA Cup final.

Derek Adams is younger than me, but has taken Ross County from the Scottish Second Division to the First Division, since becoming player manager originally, in no time, and even left them to be Hibs assistant manager for a year before going back to Ross County and getting them promoted up to the SPL.

He also took tiny Ross County to the Scottish Cup Final, beating Celtic on the way.

The only downside with Derek Adams is he's very feisty on the touchline, and has had several bans for having run ins with officials. He did receive an 18 match ban at Hibs affraid but he appealed and it was reduced.

Under or in partnership with Walter Smith I think he would quickly learn to calm down a bit and Walter Smith would be the perfect mentor.

The only reason I couldn't see the Scottish F.A. going for this set-up is because of the way Smith left them to return to Rangers when he had really got Scotland playing well again.

If they are still pissed off about it then I think it might be too quickly for Adams to get the role by himself, and he might get snapped up by someone else for a club role, possibly Rangers to replace the joker that is Ally McCoist.

Whoever gets the gig, Scotland have already blown qualifying for the next World Cup so they could have time to experiment and try a few new players and sytems, before qualifying for the Euro's in 2016, feckin 2016 I'm looking towards FFS.

Scotlands U-21 side is pretty good in comparison to the full team so maybe there's a glimmer of hope for the future, but like Greenskin said it's horrible thinking about all the class Scottish players over the years and seeing what we have now. Too many foreigners signed by Rangers and Celtic 20 years ago while academies were mainly ignored.

Graeme Souness, the worst manager on the shortlist for the Scotland job, bought players like confetti. Any young Scottish player doing well at other clubs were bought immediately and then left kicking their heels while ageing "superstars" collected a bloody fortune for a 2 or 3 year last hurrah.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sven put his name forward Razz as he does for every vacant managers job, but after Bertie Vogts dismal spell in charge I don't think the SFA will be paying great money or going down the foreign route again.

Edited for Shonbo, might do a job at this level, but he is terminally negative. Not for me thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Levein gone-genuinely   Levein gone-genuinely EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:49 pm

scotland are shit fullstop how they think a new manager every year is going to improve is a joke in itself,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Levein gone-genuinely   Levein gone-genuinely Empty

Back to top Go down

Levein gone-genuinely
Page 1 of 1