Czarcasm
Mock Cuncher
tcm
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Madjo   Madjo EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 9:29 pm

I think he deserves a special mention.

This lad is one of the best forwards I have seen for us in a fair while. Everybody thought Griffiths would be the man we need, but personally I don't see the point in him being here, he is outclassed by Madjo.

He is strong, hard working and a great L2 player.

We need to sign this guy ( Wink ) in january
Back to top Go down

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 9:34 pm

How old is this "Lad" compared to you Cobi Razz

My only reservation is he's failed to settle anywhere in his career, and it's usually after a promising start.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 9:41 pm

and hes got a nice smile,,,,,,,and very firm buttocks,,,,,,nuff said Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 9:42 pm

If you take away penalties, which any professional player should be able to score, isn't his record here still slightly awful?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 9:44 pm

We wasted good money throwing a contract at Chadwick after he impressed early on.

If Aldershot, in their position, are happy to lose him, then why is that?
Back to top Go down

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 9:56 pm

I agree with Cobi on this one. He was my man of the match today not including the two penalties he put away. Won his fair share of the ball, held it generally, tackled and chased for the ball and put in a proper shift. He is better than anything else we have up front and just because he was not wanted by another club struggling in this league is no reason to turn ones nose up at him. I would be happy if we signed him permanently.
Back to top Go down

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 9:56 pm

lets see how he does up to the end of his loan before putting in a bid. Remember we all thought Chadwick was a revelation when he returned, got a contract and went back to his old form when he was here last time injured and barren.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 9:58 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
If you take away penalties, which any professional player should be able to score, isn't his record here still slightly awful?
Goalscoring it's one from nine games aside from penalties which isn't good but he offers more than just scoring goals. I know that sounds cliche-y and hackneyed but he actually does. He creates opportunities for others, is useful for occupying defenders off the ball and is useful defensively.

Czarcasm- I get the point that we should be hasty after a good start but Madjo's done it over a longer time span than Chadwick had. Arguably he's done even better than Chadders did in his loan spell too. As for Aldershot, who knows. There's rumours of him having fell out with Holdsworth. Maybe it's him who's wrong not to want Madjo and us right to want him. I certainly think he'd improve Aldershot in their current state. A lot of their fans said similarly when he was loaned here.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:07 pm

My only comment is "sign him up" on a personal note I enjoyed watching him today, whether he continues to stay good remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:11 pm

If falling out with managers was his reason for moving clubs, he must have fallen out with loads by now. He hardly seems to last anywhere.

But he is an excellent forward so far for us. IF he continues, he should definitely be signed. Him and Griffiths vying for that role is healthy. Fletcher's passing game certainly came good today but having a strong man up front to complement the nippy little buggers we have buzzing around is also part of the formation.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:13 pm

my bedroom smells off sex,,,,,, so thats good,,,,,,,green gulls going to the match again,,,another couple of wins and the missing thousensds will be joining him,,,,whatda think about that tringy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:15 pm

Are you on your own, Mike?

Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:19 pm

shes watching some bollacks on the telly,,,,,,,,iam havin her cider,,,,,,,its what we loveing call half time Very Happy ,,,,
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:23 pm

Even at league 2 level, footballers get paid far too much.

Chadwick plays to impress, gets an 18 month contract, then does f()ck all to justify it.

If three or six month contracts were more commonplace, players would be giving it everything so as to get another extension.

When Chadwick was at the peak of his form, was there a lot to choose between him then, and Madjo now?

Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:31 pm

at this piont in the evening i recomend you all go and build a big one and stop talking such utter drivle you cnuts,,,,,,, I LOVE ATD Very Happy ,,,,,,,this team could do it,,,iam qweer iam here get over it, Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:38 pm

tcm wrote:
another couple of wins and the missing thousensds will be joining him,,,, Very Happy

It won't happen that way tcm. The club has continued to make itself a ghetto by it's pricing policies and treatment of casual fans that make up 100% of potential returnees. And we all know it's been years since gates have risen markedly on the city hearing of better performances. Fans are hard won, but easily lost... we're habitual animals, other things take the place of football... the club should run a focus group and see what's needed.
The nonsense of the last 2 years has had it's effect, make no mistake... many regulars are gone for good.
Happy for the players to get a couple of wins under their belt at last.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 2:14 am

Czarcasm wrote:

Chadwick plays to impress, gets an 18 month contract, then does f()ck all to justify it.

If three or six month contracts were more commonplace, players would be giving it everything so as to get another extension.

When Chadwick was at the peak of his form, was there a lot to choose between him then, and Madjo now?

Maybe not a lot but I think Madjo was slightly better if not hugely. Also there's the injuries/fitness to factor in for Chadwick as well as just contract motivation. Look at Purse for instance got his contract for 18 months just like Chadders and was just as good as he was in his initial loan. I take your point though and Madjo is a bit of a prolific club changer. He's clearly got a bit of talent about him when he's firing on all cylinders but as of yet he hasn't produced it at any one club for a long amount of time. Maybe that's incidental, maybe it's down to underlying factors. I think he can be a top end League 2 player with more consistency. I dunno what the heck the magical ingredient is that gets good service that last more than a few months out of him but if we can find that out then we're laughing.
Back to top Go down

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:47 am

GreenSam wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Maybe not a lot but I think Madjo was slightly better if not hugely. Also there's the injuries/fitness to factor in for Chadwick as well as just contract motivation. Look at Purse for instance got his contract for 18 months just like Chadders and was just as good as he was in his initial loan. I take your point though and Madjo is a bit of a prolific club changer. He's clearly got a bit of talent about him when he's firing on all cylinders but as of yet he hasn't produced it at any one club for a long amount of time. Maybe that's incidental, maybe it's down to underlying factors. I think he can be a top end League 2 player with more consistency. I dunno what the heck the magical ingredient is that gets good service that last more than a few months out of him but if we can find that out then we're laughing.

That's where the art of coaching and managing begins.......too bring out the best in each and every player......the question is....can Carl Fletcher do that....I'm not yet convinced that he can.
Back to top Go down

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:56 am

Madjo is a similar option to Feeney but he's better in every department. In January, I hope we can sign him and release Chadwick.

He might not be doing a Pope at Port Vale (14 goals in 13 games) but he's done very little wrong since coming here. He gives the opposition defence problems for 90 minutes and that's what you want from a striker - it's defending from the front. People like Macdonald but out of the two, I'd rather have Madjo on a permanent deal and Madjo is likely to be the more realistic signing.

Praise for Gurreri yesterday too - he played very well and looked very good linking up with the full backs.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 10:57 am

Czarcasm wrote:

We struggle to get players here on fairly lengthy contracts so trying to get players to locate here for a 3 month contract is not practical although I agree with your sentiments.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:19 am

Madjo has to go back in December as does MacDonald. Both can only come back in January. So for a goodly number of games over Christmas we are going to have to play replacements for them.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:22 am

Unless we make them a permament signing in the meantime, MacDonald has indicated that he would not mind a move here.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:35 am

Madjo seems to be in vogue at the minute. Yeah, to be fair he does look better than what we've got. But one in nine from normal play isn't exactly sparkling. Signing him because he can put himself about a bit, doesn't really light my fire.

If the fireman was fit, he'd have probably taken the pens, then we'd just have been talking about a decent huff and puff Madjo performance.

All that aside, he's a shoe-in, over chadders and Feeney.
Back to top Go down

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 12:32 pm

It would be good if Madjo scored more as well. But, I think it was Saint Brian Clough who said that one of the main roles of the "centre forward" was to lead the attack. If his leading the attack enables us to score two or more goals a game then he is doing a good job.

He's not the best I've seen at HP by a long way but he's good in our circumstances. I even heard someone behind me yesterday comparing Madjo to Heskey..... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Madjo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Madjo   Madjo Empty

Back to top Go down

Madjo
Page 1 of 1