Dougie
Mock Cuncher
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12   Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:31 am

I remember Adebola mullering us for Coventry at Highfield Road in our first season back in the Championship. He was as much about pace as brawn then, and Coughlan/Aljofree were never the most comfortable against both.

Speaking of those two, we're certainly at the level again now where we can be picking off players from north of the border and be fairly certain that what we can offer them in terms of wages can guarantee a decent performer or two. If Fletch had anything resembling contacts, then it wouldn't be a bad place to start.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12   Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 2:38 pm

For all Fletch's faults, I've always been sceptical of the notion that he has no contacts. He's a former international captain and Premier League midfielder, all within the past 6 years. He's got to know a few people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12   Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12 - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 4:08 pm

hairy j wrote:
Bogsider wrote:
I was there agree with sams comments. One swallow and all that...
Can't believe everyone is on the bubbly because we've won a HOME game against feckin Rochdale!!

Sorry. I will beat myself with a leather strap for being happy that the football team I support won a game in the league, at home and we scored three and played pretty well.

I am Happy as well just not delirious. We beat Rochdale courtesy of 2 penalties. I somehow suspect you'll be beating yourself with a leather strap anyway.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12   Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:00 am

Just found time to comment. Only the second game in 50 years I've viewed from the grandstand. The previous one was a 6-1 thrashing of Birmingham on 11th September 1965 (thanks GOS DB, must have been a birthday treat!!), I must go up there more often as this was a thoroughly entertaining 90 minutes, the deficiencies are still there to be seen but a lot of positives in actually playing football. My hope is that winning will build that confidence and belief that perservering with sharp attacking football will bring wins and we will see the best from this group.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12   Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:46 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
Just found time to comment. Only the second game in 50 years I've viewed from the grandstand. The previous one was a 6-1 thrashing of Birmingham on 11th September 1965 (thanks GOS DB, must have been a birthday treat!!), I must go up there more often as this was a thoroughly entertaining 90 minutes, the deficiencies are still there to be seen but a lot of positives in actually playing football. My hope is that winning will build that confidence and belief that perservering with sharp attacking football will bring wins and we will see the best from this group.

I was up in the stand for that match, didn't notice you though. Like it up there as you can follow the pattern of play.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12   Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:54 am

Charlie saw you and hid before you noticed him.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12   Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:06 am

It was better and shows that we are a better side playing a direct style. We still only had the better of the play for the first 40 minutes, then it was all Rochdale until we got the lucky penalty at the end.

Rochdale did like to play the ball around, which was surprising given the giant Adebola up front. I don't think he even had to jump to win most of his headers.

The ref was awful, and all of the penalties awarded looked debatable. If Rochdale had scored their penalty I think it would have been a different result, but we rode our luck.

Its a very tight division with 3 points separating 6th - 18th which shows that apart from Gillingham and Port Vale (and arguably Fleetwood, Cheltenham and Bradford) the teams are of a similar standard.

Cheltenham are a good side and will provide a good measure of whether we can compete higher in the table.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12   Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 7:27 pm

I watched the highlights on the Sky website. How on Earth they were awarded a penalty, I do not know. It's actually quite hilarious. I thought it was dodgy on Saturday but you don't get replays and only see it from one angle when it happens live but their penalty was ridiculous.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Their player hand balls it around Blanchard
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Their player runs past Blanchard and decides to fall over as his team mate seems to be praising Jesus

Their player tumbles over before Purse kicks his head off and the ref gives a penalty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12   Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 8:06 pm

The ref was crap for both sides.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12   Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:21 pm

hairy j wrote:
I watched the highlights on the Sky website. How on Earth they were awarded a penalty, I do not know. It's actually quite hilarious. I thought it was dodgy on Saturday but you don't get replays and only see it from one angle when it happens live but their penalty was ridiculous.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Their player hand balls it around Blanchard

Their player runs past Blanchard and decides to fall over as his team mate seems to be praising Jesus

Their player tumbles over before Purse kicks his head off and the ref gives a penalty

There was also a high boot which nearly took Purse's bonce off shortly before,totally missed by the useless linesman on the Lyndhurst side [although the ref should have seen it anyway].Thought the officials were the worst crew seen at HP for a good while.Has anyone noticed the return of the old favourite "You're a bastard referee" in recent games? Wonder who instigated that,don't think it would be Forza Verde-some of the boys from Zoo corner maybe?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12   Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Get yourself a full copy of the 1966 World Cup Final GS.
In between all the hankies, you can hear the real old favourite......
"Oh my ! what a referee ! .... what a referee ! "
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12   Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12 - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:24 pm

Penzance wrote:
Get yourself a full copy of the 1966 World Cup Final GS.
In between all the hankies, you can hear the real old favourite......
"Oh my ! what a referee ! .... what a referee ! "

Remember it well,Penz,i've got a copy of Goal!, somewhere,which was the official film of the '66 World cup.Always remember watching the matches [even though i was only 6 at the time],you could hear a few people start clapping rhythmically and chanting "England",which would slowly build until the entire stadium was in a descant lasting for about 5 minutes.Ah,Bobby's goals against Mexico and Portugal,the exploits of Hurst,Mooro's class at the back-what wouldn't we give for a trio like that now? Makes you want to weep thinking about it and comparing them to the present rather ordinary bunch-can't think of anyone in the current set up who would have commanded a place in that team and i don't believe that my opinion is misty eyed nostalgia,either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12   Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gyle - Dale Match Thread 20/10/12
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3