Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort)

Go down 
+9
Greenskin
mouldyoldgoat
Charlie Wood
Czarcasm
lawnmowerman
Freathy
Highwayman
GreenSam
Dougie
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort)   Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:35 am

I genuinely believe, if we were top of the league with a played 11, won 11 record, there are posters on here who would still complain and want Fletcher out, Brent out, Chris Webb out, Ian Newell out. I also genuinely believe it is the last name in that list and, to a lesser extent, the President who these posters hold a grudge against.

I didn't go last night as I'm not very happy with the current squad and the current manager (it was also a bit early for me on a weekday and I didn't want to spend money watching the game) but I couldn't care less if we had Hannibal Lector sat in the Directors box or Abu Hamza writing the President's Progress on the official website.

Credit where it's due and the misinformation on this thread exposes the posters as opposed to the truth.

Aldershot didn't play a reserve side - they don't have one. Fletcher hasn't won 2 games in 11 either. We've beaten 4 teams this season in competitive matches as we've won two cup matches.

I'm not happy and I think we need a change but you can't criticise a 2-1 home win that you didn't see... that's crazy talk.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort)   Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:01 am

Look at the league table. Look at carl the cluleless's record. One poxy win over fellow uber shit bottom feeders in the most pointless competition in the history of football may have you dancing in the streets celebrating all things brent and fletcher but this win has probably helped condem us to this useless buffoon being given more time to inflict more damage. We were the real losers last night not Aldershot.

FLETCHER OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort)   Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:02 am

hairy j wrote:
I genuinely believe, if we were top of the league with a played 11, won 11 record, there are posters on here who would still complain and want Fletcher out, Brent out, Chris Webb out, Ian Newell out. I also genuinely believe it is the last name in that list and, to a lesser extent, the President who these posters hold a grudge against.

I didn't go last night as I'm not very happy with the current squad and the current manager (it was also a bit early for me on a weekday and I didn't want to spend money watching the game) but I couldn't care less if we had Hannibal Lector sat in the Directors box or Abu Hamza writing the President's Progress on the official website.

Credit where it's due and the misinformation on this thread exposes the posters as opposed to the truth.

Aldershot didn't play a reserve side - they don't have one. Fletcher hasn't won 2 games in 11 either. We've beaten 4 teams this season in competitive matches as we've won two cup matches.I'm not happy and I think we need a change but you can't criticise a 2-1 home win that you didn't see... that's crazy talk.

I suppose if i wanted to be as arsey and pedantic as yourself,then i could point out that one of those cup wins came against a Pompey youth team but it isn't really relevant to the most important statistic,2 wins from 11 league games and a rather dire league position.I'm a bit surprised that you didn't mention the pre season win over Truro as well but,getting down to brass tacks,lets just see if Argyle can win a league game or two on the bounce before making sweeping statements about how people would react,shall we?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort)   Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:08 am

"Under competition rules, teams have to include six players who started the previous game, or six first-team regulars from the season to date. "

Did we meet that criteria?!

Gilmartin, Griffiths, Richards, Lennox, Chadwick, Gurrieri, didn't start on Saturday and have hardly been regulars.

Erm...
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort)   Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:47 am

Of course we met the criteria. Regular first teamer probably means within 100 miles of Home Park on match days, or maybe could be construed as a mis-spelling of first-timer at a push.
Our James is one of those very special people who has never broken a rule or a law in his life, never cheated at anything. He was obviously brought up differently to every other soul on the planet. Must have been some school... maybe they had a world map with all the secret legal short cuts around the rules, meant for the rest of us habitual scallywags, coloured in pink.

I once had a book on legal highs... the world is full of them. I think the book breaks the rules these days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort)   Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 10:22 am

Penzance wrote:
Of course we met the criteria. Regular first teamer probably means within 100 miles of Home Park on match days, or maybe could be construed as a mis-spelling of first-timer at a push.
Our James is one of those very special people who has never broken a rule or a law in his life, never cheated at anything. He was obviously brought up differently to every other soul on the planet. Must have been some school... maybe they had a world map with all the secret legal short cuts around the rules, meant for the rest of us habitual scallywags, coloured in pink.

I once had a book on legal highs... the world is full of them. I think the book breaks the rules these days.

Me too, it was great, just the right size to skin up on. drunken
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort)   Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 10:32 am

hairy j wrote:

Aldershot didn't play a reserve side - they don't have one. Fletcher hasn't won 2 games in 11 either. We've beaten 4 teams this season in competitive matches as we've won two cup matches.

I'm not happy and I think we need a change but you can't criticise a 2-1 home win that you didn't see... that's crazy talk.

I thought Argyle played well,especially in the first half. I'd like Argyle to do well in this competition if possible,as there is money to be made in the latter stages [which could go towards repayments etc],namely the area final and the actual final.

Argyle are only three games away from the actual final. Personally,after all the crap the club have been through over the years,a possible trip to Wembley would be refreshing whether that is with Fletcher in charge of team affairs or not. And it would be a chance to win some silverware,even if it is only the JPT.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort)   Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 3:26 pm

Great result, guarantee of Fletch staying in charge for the forseeable, happy days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort)   Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 3:46 pm

hairy j wrote:

Yup got that right.

Newell has done feck all to deserve the seat in the box, especially when you look at the disgusting antics he gets up to online.
Webb should not be president, there are far more deserving people who should get the honour.
Fletcher should not be our manager we need someone experienced.
Brent is only here for the property and land.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort)   Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 4:09 pm

hairy j wrote:

whatever you little shit stirrer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort)   Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 6:19 pm

There is more chance of Elvis, and the lochness Monster, playing up front for argyle, than clueless succeeding as our manager. No
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort)   Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort) - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 10:22 am

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
There is more chance of Elvis, and the lochness Monster, playing up front for argyle, than clueless succeeding as our manager. No

He won't get another job in football unless the shortlist consists of his slow brained, tongue tied self and Dane rabbit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort)   Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Aldershot Match Thread ( I know no-one cares, but I thought I should make an effort)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4