Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 7:22 pm

We've lost once in the last 6 games now, unbeaten in 3. Ok it's not an amazingly impressive stat but I think it does show that we are improving and are on the right track.

Away to Wycombe on Tuesday who are struggling badly and I hope we go there and attack them. If we win that would be lost once in 7 and unbeaten in 4, and comfortably mid-table looking up.

Sturrock would have been dying to win today and who could blame him? I still think he is one of the best managers around for this level and getting a point out of it today is definitely more positive than negative.

Whether it's good enough to start thinking about play-offs I doubt very much, but I don't fear relegation now which I definitely did after the first few games. It's still not good enough for Plymouth Argyle and we shouldn't be in this piss poor league, but we are and by all accounts playing much better football than we were last season.

So it's still over 70 games since we won back to back games which is disgusting and until we can string together a few wins, we won't be going anywhere fast. I don't know if it is a confidence thing or Fletcher's mindset, but we do have to win some of the games we are drawing, and that means playing well for longer than the odd 20 minute spell which seems our limit at the moment.

We now have 4 games against teams below us in quick succession, followed by a long run of much more difficult looking games. I'm going to reserve judgement until after these 4 games and see where we stand. If it's a good set of results we could be onto something, but if we struggle in the next 4 games we could be right back in the shit, or destined for mid-table mediocrity at the very best.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 7:30 pm

Very much a game of two halves. We were better side in the first and for 5 mins of the second but once sarfend equalised we resorted to hoofball and struggled.

Don't know what others saw of the sending off but I saw purse kick out at corr and purse fell to the deck. As purse got up he theatrically fell back after connecting with Corr's arm. I don't know if anything happened beforehand but it looked like purse got corr sent off. Another disappointing aspect was several players diving.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 7:34 pm

After Purse got off the deck, Corr definitely threw a punch at him. Muppet.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 9:36 pm

Greenjock wrote:
We've lost once in the last 6 games now, unbeaten in 3. Ok it's not an amazingly impressive stat but I think it does show that we are improving and are on the right track.

Away to Wycombe on Tuesday who are struggling badly and I hope we go there and attack them. If we win that would be lost once in 7 and unbeaten in 4, and comfortably mid-table looking up.

Sturrock would have been dying to win today and who could blame him? I still think he is one of the best managers around for this level and getting a point out of it today is definitely more positive than negative.

Whether it's good enough to start thinking about play-offs I doubt very much, but I don't fear relegation now which I definitely did after the first few games. It's still not good enough for Plymouth Argyle and we shouldn't be in this piss poor league, but we are and by all accounts playing much better football than we were last season.

So it's still over 70 games since we won back to back games which is disgusting and until we can string together a few wins, we won't be going anywhere fast. I don't know if it is a confidence thing or Fletcher's mindset, but we do have to win some of the games we are drawing, and that means playing well for longer than the odd 20 minute spell which seems our limit at the moment.

We now have 4 games against teams below us in quick succession, followed by a long run of much more difficult looking games. I'm going to reserve judgement until after these 4 games and see where we stand. If it's a good set of results we could be onto something, but if we struggle in the next 4 games we could be right back in the shit, or destined for mid-table mediocrity at the very best.

Next 3 games are against the 3 teams who currently occupy the bottom 3 positions in the division.Make or break time,i think.If a decent points total,maybe 6 or 7, are gathered from these games then a reasonable season may still be in store.Pressure could be right back on though if Argyle only get 2 or 3 points from these games.Bit worrying that two of the clubs have sacked their managers recently and the lack of goals from different areas of the Argyle team is still a major concern as far as i'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 10:07 pm

Isn't it only the goalkeeping area that hasn't scored so far?. My concern is all the injurys we have and are still picking up. Jenkins this week.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 10:22 pm

oxfordgreen wrote:
Isn't it only the goalkeeping area that hasn't scored so far?. My concern is all the injurys we have and are still picking up. Jenkins this week.

Maybe so,but the goals have hardly been fluent in great numbers from other areas and, looking at the previous records of the players in the team,that is unlikely to change to any significant degree.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 10:54 pm

It was boring, Argyle are boring

Loving the 'passing football' we got to see today also....... geddon fletch you god
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 6:26 pm

Going by the pictures on Greensonscreen, Sturrock looks in good shape compared to when he was ours.

Looks like a new man.

Maybe his new woman got him on a shape up regime lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 6:29 pm

This was uber crap and uber boring...agree about luggy though, cant be that bad bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2