My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview

Go down 
+2
Freathy
Tringreen
6 posters
AuthorMessage

My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview Empty
PostSubject: My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview   My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:54 pm

Some research and writing into the game ahead for you.

Plymouth Argyle head into their third league match of the season when they play brand new AFC Wimbledon at Home Park on tuesday night.

AFC Wimbledon have made a better start to the 2010/11 season than their hosts and you could argue that they have not been given the easiest start to the season, facing two teams relegated from league 1 and now a third in Plymouth Argyle. Despite this AFC Wimbledon put up a good fight gainst Bristol Rovers on the opening day, loosing 3 2 to a late penalty. AFC then made the short trip to Dagenham and performed well, gaining a 2 0 win.

Plymouth Argyle find themselves near the bottom of the table after only collecting a single point in their opening two matches. A late Carl Fletcher strike gave Argyle a point at promotion tipped Shrewsbury and then found themselves on the back of a heavy defeat to Rotherham, the Millers beat the pilgrims 4 1 as they handed argyle a lesson on clinical finishing.

I think most clubs are delighted that AFC Wimbledon have made their way into the football league after fans reformed the club, opting not to support Milton Keynes Dons like many 'liquidated' Wimbledon fans. The small but confident club has gone from strenth to strenth since their creation. A play off final win in the grand surroundings of the eastlands in Manchester carried them into the football league at the expense of recovering Luton town. The game ended in an exiting penalty shoot out which the wombles came out on top in.

The future looks less positive for the home side as financial problems still threaten the future of the league 2 giants, and the club find themselves on the very brink of liquidation. After 2 good displays of support from the green army this season Peter Reids men will surely be wanting to reward them with something they are not used to, a win.

Signings to watch out for (Pilgrims)

Luke Daley RW - The 21 year old winger has spent most of his short career with Norwich, making 11 pro apps for the now premier league canaries. Daley then went on trial to Stevenage borough, however injury destroyed the loan spell and Daley only managed 3 apps. Luke was born in Northampton and is 5 foot 11 inches.

Will Atkinson LW - There is no better way to get off the mark for a new club other than scoring a goal in a debue, and thats exactly what 22 year old winger Will Atkinson did for the pilgrims, scoring just after half time in the greens 4 1 defeat to Rotherham at Home Park. Will only joined Argyle on Friday, signing a season long loan from Hull. Will has had many loan spells away from the the KC stadium including Port Vale, Mansfield, Rochdale and Rotherham.

Jake Cole GK - 25 year old goalkeeper Jake Cole joined the pilgrims on a 2 year deal after being released from league 2 club Barnet, in the 2009-10 season Jake won the award for Barnet player of the season. Jake has made 87 starts for Barnet while also having periods at QPR, Hayes, AFC Wimbledon, Farnborough and Oxford. Jake is 6 foot 3 inches in height.

Signings to watch our for (Wombles)

Mat Mitchel-King CB - The 6ft 4 inch centre back was released from Crewe at the end of last season. The 27 year old can also play in centre midfield but had to undergo extensive medical's before AFCW signed him. Mitchel-King made 147 appearances for Histon.

Jack Midson ST - The wombles have signed 27 year old Jack Midson from Oxford after he was put up for free transfer. Last season Midson had loan spells at Barnet and Southend. Before joining AFCW he was also linked with moves to Hereford and Cheltenham.

Sam Hatton RB - The young player (23) does'nt have much to show for his talent in terms of previous record but there is a deal of excitement among AFCW fans about this right back. He came up through the ranks with Stevenage Borough and made 2 first team apps for the at the time non league side. Sam has had loans with Maidenhead united, Diss town and Northwood in his time with Boro.

Plymouth Argyle would look point blank favorites to win this but the confidence that AFCW should not be taken for granted.

On a perfect Home Park pitch hopefully a good game will come from it.

Thanks

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview   My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 3:44 pm

Argyle = point blank favourites to win ? jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview   My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 3:51 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Argyle = point blank favourites to win ? jocolor

It would appear so on paper.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview   My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 3:59 pm

I thought you were coming to your senses with some of your recent deliberations.

Are you still on probation in order to achieve full Aviva status ?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview   My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 4:18 pm

We are incredibly easy to beat. Even if we were playing Plymouth Parkway U12s, for most of the match I'd still be expecting to see us frantically defending deep in our own half as PP U12s mount attack after attack and shower our goal with shots while a clueless Peter Reid looks on completely bereft of ideas.

AFC Wimbledon won't get an easier win until they play us again at theirs.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview   My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:15 pm

I watched a very composed, organised, determined, physical Crawley side with just enough flair to unsettled predictability yesterday. They were a very tidy unit which would have mullered the fledgling assortment of rejects and kids PRFC are putting out.

Wimbledon (we can drop the AFC now surely?) lost to them by the odd goal on five just a couple of weeks ago, they ran them close, as they did all season last season save for the very end.

Anyone thinking Argyle have a good chance on Tuesday needs a check-up.

More importantly (because football really doesn't matter now), if you simply MUST attend Home Park on Tuesday check out how unified, galvanised, honest and integrity laden the proper Dons are compared to Argyle...........their directors box travels, they call it the away end Wink. You won't see Wimbledon in our league for long, we're going in opposite directions spiritually, morally and literally.

When you've spotted how much better it would be to follow a club that was unified and upwardly mobile, ask yourself if liquidation and rebirth would REALLY be such a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview   My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:13 pm

Wembledon don't seem to have a wealth of experience to me.None of there players have played at a very high level.Luke Moore the only notable player,and that's conference level.If you don't get a result against them,you really could be in the deep brown stuff on the field aswell.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview   My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:04 pm

AFC Wimbledon are a terrible side, and at this stage still can be classed as a really small club.

They'll destroy us.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview   My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:32 am

downthetrack wrote:
If you don't get a result against them,you really could be in the deep brown stuff on the field aswell.

We have a team of 'tryers' with very little experience and no real ability. It's being so far in the brown stuff off the pitch that's made us so far in the brown stuff on it.

Wimbledon will brush us aside as easily as Rotherham did.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview   My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 7:49 am

And the one experienced outfield player with any ability at all (Fletch) is out injured.

3 points on a plate to Wimbledon

Glad I don't have to go jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview   My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 3:21 pm

I really cant wait to rub that in your face freathy when we win.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview   My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 3:24 pm

Cobi Budge wrote:

Hope your right, but fear not.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview   My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:43 pm

Cobi Budge wrote:

You've changed your tune since Saturday. I guess you're of an age though that kicking the cat for a bit still works.

Mark my words, after several years of putting 'boots in puss', when you have a back garden full of little cat graves, cat kicking doesn't really cut it any longer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview   My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:53 pm

Can't wait for tonight.
The Po Lice are predicting a very big crowd and have asked people to arrive early.
Should be a cracker of an occasion and a great atmosphere
I like nights like this. If it's anything like last year, there's going to be fireworks .............. on the Hoe jocolor
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview   My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:02 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Can't wait for tonight.
The Po Lice are predicting a very big crowd and have asked people to arrive early.
Should be a cracker of an occasion and a great atmosphere
I like nights like this. If it's anything like last year, there's going to be fireworks .............. on the Hoe jocolor

lol!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview   My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:14 pm

Cobi Budge wrote:

Who wrote this after we were completely outclassed by Rotherham?.....

Quote :
FFS to everything.

Even I, strongly known for being optimistic
and supportive (maybe a little to much at times) have nearly given it to
all this shit going on at the moment.

We are a club in freefall.

Even if we get taken over where is our feckin future going to lay with 4 foot Mr Heaney leading the way, nowhere.

After todays match we are a team of nobodys, club rejects and teenagers who cant seem to do the simplest thing right.

To top it all of lets be fair, what the hell has Peter Reid done in his time here apart from relegation.

Always
been fairly loyal so will obviously attend all home games and some away
games but today I found myself wondering why the feck do I bother.

Liquidation or the BSP and beyond with that carrot headed cock and Peter reids team of shite.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview   My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:27 pm

Freathy wrote:
Cobi Budge wrote:

Quote :
FFS to everything.

Even if we get taken over where is our feckin future going to lay with 4 foot Mr Heaney leading the way, nowhere.

After todays match we are a team of nobodys, club rejects and teenagers who cant seem to do the simplest thing right.

To top it all of lets be fair, what the hell has Peter Reid done in his time here apart from relegation.

Always

Liquidation or the BSP and beyond with that carrot headed cock and Peter reids team of shite.

Probably his mentor told him to do it.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview   My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:47 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Cobi Budge wrote:

Quote :
FFS to everything.

Always

Probably his mentor told him to do it.

Possibly. Ordered to make amends by spreading unfounded positiveness on ATD. It was a rather pasoti-ish type statement i.e. completely missing the point and thinking anyone making a negative statement must be revelling in Argyle's sad demise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview   My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview Empty

Back to top Go down

My Argyle v AFC Wimbledon preview
Page 1 of 1