Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Argyle v Rotherham preview

Go down 
AuthorMessage

My Argyle v Rotherham preview Empty
PostSubject: My Argyle v Rotherham preview   My Argyle v Rotherham preview EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:36 am

Plymouth Argyle head into their first home (league) match of the season against play off tipped Rotherham this saturday.

In response to the bookies Rotherham find themselves in the play offs after just 1 game at the Don Valley stadium when they managed to beat Oxford United by 1 goal to nil while Plymouth Argyle settled for a good point at a strong shrewsbury side in shropshire, leaving them 13th in a meaningless table.

Exiting times for United at the moment, they are looking forward to finally leaving the Don valley stadium and moving into a brand new complex in which the council have loaned £5 000 000 for, and they have been fairly busy in the transfer window adopting a stylish form of play.

Times are also 'interesting' for saturday's hosts who go into their second competetive game with their new look sqaud despite worries still hanging over the club about unsorted financial problems that are nearing a crunchtime. Peter Reid's men will surely want to impress the home crowd and repay them something for their incredible support the previous week at Greenhous meadow.

Star new signings for the Pilgrims

Warren Feeney ST- Northern Ireland international Warren Feeney signed for the pilgrims on a one year deal after he left previous club Oldham, the striker had a poor period there failing to score in 23 starts for the club. Warren has made a fair number of stars for other clubs such as Bournemouth (98), Stockport (31), Luton Town (77) and Dundee united (23).

Robbie Williams LB - 26 year old Robbie Williams signed for Argyle alongside Durrell Berry. Robbie, left back, has played for Barnsley (67), Huddersfield (77), Stockport (21) aswell as lower numbers for Blackpool and Rochdale. Williams is also known to have a wicked free kick and came close to scoring in the pilgrims 1 nil league cup defeat to Millwall.

Jake Cole GK - 25 year old goalkeeper Jake Cole joined the pilgrims on a 2 year deal after being released from league 2 club Barnet, in the 2009-10 season Jake won the award for Barnet player of the season. Jake has made 87 starts for Barnet while also having periods at QPR, Hayes, AFC Wimbledon, Farnborough and Oxford. Jake is 6 foot 3 inches in height.

Star new signings for the Millers

Conrad Logan GK - Rotherham secured the loan signing of Leicester goalkeeper Conrad Logan. The Irishman is 25 years of age, 6 foot 2 inches and has played for Leicester city (23), Boston (13), Stockport (34), Luton (22), Bristol Rovers (16) before eventually signing

Troy Brown CB - Rotherham signed the young defender from Ipswich on a two year deal, Troy made 13 first team starts for the tractor boys before deciding to move to the Don Valley stadium, obviously hoping for more game time. The centre back can also play at right back when called upon.

Lewis Grabban ST - The Millers signed Lewis Grabban from Brentford on a free transfer in the close season. The 23 year old striker has had a number of clubs in his short career sofare. These include Crystal Palace (10), Millwall (58), Brentford (29) and various other loan spells.

The Pilgrims and the Millers last met in 2005, the game ended in a 1 1 draw with Paul Wotton scoring from the spot.

Since then hard times have hit both teams, both clubs have experienced administration and a points deduction which is most likely the reason they are now meeting in the basement tier contrary to the championship days.

The Millers have not beaten the Pilgrims since 1970.

Many predict an exiting game on saturday with both teams playing slick football on the home park turf but will argyle be able to find that cutting edge they have been lacking or will the Millers take advantage.

COYG

Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

My Argyle v Rotherham preview Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Argyle v Rotherham preview   My Argyle v Rotherham preview EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:44 am

Excellent review, well done Cobi.
Back to top Go down

My Argyle v Rotherham preview
Page 1 of 1