Dougie
seadog
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:28 am

I see your point.

It's tough times and the Brent honeymoon period is definitely over, but if he has had enough of it now I don't see any point in sacking Fletcher and replacing him with another cheapo option, i.e. Wotton or Purse, and not investing significantly.

It's either an experienced manager who will be given the funds to have a complete clear out of the deadwood or we may as well stick with Fletcher and hope things pick up rapidly.
Back to top Go down

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:35 am

A well balanced view from Vital.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 12:41 pm

droly wrote:
Yep, some of the later posts were incredibly patronising but Mark Pedlar seemed to be getting the lions share of the flak here and I just didn't think that was really representative of what he was trying to put across. I only really picked up on it because I basically agree with him; Hourihane for whatever reason appears to have taken on the mantle of official booboy which I find strange as I think there are several more deserving candidates in the team!

This singling out of players is bad and I hate it, I have never booed a team at all, I will choose to not applaud and walk away from a poor performance at the end of the match, however I think Fletcher is trying to divert attention away from himself, the boo's at the end were as much his as the teams.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 3:06 pm

Why did Paris look as if he had run a marathon when he sprinted 10 yards? If he wasn't fit (and he certainly didn't look it) why was he brought on when there were other possibilities keeping the bench warm.
Back to top Go down

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 3:45 pm

Dingle wrote:
Why did Paris look as if he had run a marathon when he sprinted 10 yards? If he wasn't fit (and he certainly didn't look it) why was he brought on when there were other possibilities keeping the bench warm.

cuz he's uh tough fit gangster with muh beeotch and muh motha fuckin manager thinks ah'm brilliant an' can score goals in the hood but ah'm way out o' muh motha fuckin depf brace yo'self foo'!
Back to top Go down

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 4:39 pm

droly wrote:
To be fair, Mark Pedlar's analysis only really criticises the crowd's continued negativity towards Hourihane, which I have to admit I get wound up by as well. I think that he is actually one of our more talented players and one of the few who works hard to keep us in possession of the football, even if that does mean passing the ball backwards on occasion. I've lost count of the amount of times I've been watching Argyle only to hear a cry of "Get the bleddy thing up there" or words to that effect only to read loads of complaints about 'hoofball' (shittest football term ever coined) on PASOTI when I get back. Hourihane reminds me a lot of Summerfield, a slightly languid, obviously talented player who the portions of the crowd seem to enjoy undermining. I very rarely boo the team, I'm more of a wry-chuckle-and-a-small-shake-of-the-head type of guy but I'd never chastise a fellow fan for reacting that way at a bad performance. However, I find the continued negativity towards one of our more talented, younger players exasperating.

Not much I'd disagree with there.
Back to top Go down

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 4:52 pm

droly wrote:
To be fair, Mark Pedlar's analysis only really criticises the crowd's continued negativity towards Hourihane

I've questioned Greenthing on pasoti and PL2 and I agree, Mark Pedlar wasn't exactly criticising fans. Greenthing won't respond as the majority of the pasoti Brief Synopsis thread is very negative and the tide turned once they both criticised the fans - they'll just avoid that thread now as they don't like being shouted at.

It was a shocker again last night and Fletcher's criticism of the fans was stupid but, if that's what he thinks, hopefully it'll push Brent towards getting off his arse and firing the guy. Maybe Fletcher's done us all a favour.

We've got a core 6,000 now so that myth of us being the best supported club in the division is being shown up for what it is. The 6,000 are your customers Carl. Brent's tried to make the fans customers with his "matchday experience" rubbish and this is what you get - if you're sold cold chips down the Barbican, you complain and ask for your money back, you don't stand there eating cold chips and thanking God/Jesus/Allah/Buddha that you have a chip shop to go to. You certainly don't go back.
Back to top Go down

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:48 pm

hairy j wrote:
droly wrote:
To be fair, Mark Pedlar's analysis only really criticises the crowd's continued negativity towards Hourihane

I've questioned Greenthing on pasoti and PL2 and I agree, Mark Pedlar wasn't exactly criticising fans. Greenthing won't respond as the majority of the pasoti Brief Synopsis thread is very negative and the tide turned once they both criticised the fans - they'll just avoid that thread now as they don't like being shouted at.

It was a shocker again last night and Fletcher's criticism of the fans was stupid but, if that's what he thinks, hopefully it'll push Brent towards getting off his arse and firing the guy. Maybe Fletcher's done us all a favour.

We've got a core 6,000 now so that myth of us being the best supported club in the division is being shown up for what it is. The 6,000 are your customers Carl. Brent's tried to make the fans customers with his "matchday experience" rubbish and this is what you get - if you're sold cold chips down the Barbican, you complain and ask for your money back, you don't stand there eating cold chips and thanking God/Jesus/Allah/Buddha that you have a chip shop to go to. You certainly don't go back.

I like this analogy, and it's simple enough for anyone to understand whatever business they're in. Carl Fletcher might need it explaining but it's aimed at his boss anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:07 pm

I heard some grumpy old bugger last night saying that he sent a wrongly-cooked steak back three times once. Could we do that with a match?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:08 pm

knecht wrote:
I heard some grumpy old bugger last night saying that he sent a wrongly-cooked steak back three times once. Could we do that with a match?

Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:09 pm

I nominate Charlie to take up the wrongly-cooked matches with the management.
Back to top Go down

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:11 pm

I hate booing players just because there poor or having a bad game, the vast majority of players give it there all, its just that sometimes every thing you do go's" tits up" thats life, but booing clueless managers who play one striker in home matches, because its the only plan they got, should be booed until they change their shite tactics or in fletchers case sacked.
Back to top Go down

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:42 pm

I remember moaning about the boo boys when we were in the top half of the CCC, we'd be singing our heads off if there now.
Back to top Go down

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 8:41 pm

I think the "if you are served poorly" annalogy is spot on. The difference is that this is football and you can't send it back or get a refund but you can shoose not to go back. This "we are saved" thing that seems to be the crux of the argument for some will eventually wear off if it isn't already. The 6000 will become 5000 then 4500. If we go down then it will become 3000. I cannot see that Brent would allow one of his hotels to dish up consistant poor service and fare. If it did then he would be forced to do something about it or he would have no customers there. He must see this because despite some people's opinion he isn't a stupid man.

The reason people got on the backs of both players and manager in my opinion last night was because for the first 20 minutes it was by far and away the worst I've seen in god knows how long. None of the players without exception were at the races. Fletcher stood by the dugout and didn't even move. The prospect of 90 minutes like that were too much to contemplate. Argyle scored out of the blue in my opinion and it was only because of that the shouts were curbed. Without that goal I shudder to think what the reaction would have been.
Back to top Go down

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 9:05 pm

I remember John Clayton being singled out for extreme criticism many years ago. he was by no means the worst player and was actually not a bad performer at all .... I put it down to his very pasty white legs. Of course it's unfair, and never been my bag, but these new bishops of Pasoti really do need to hold their own tongues as they are now rightly or wrongly seen as repeating the view of the club, or at least the voice of the fan input that seems to be running the club.

It's absolutely a pointless and counterproductive crusade to harp on about the fans that boo, the fans that leave early, the fans that don't turn up, the fans that have an opinion.... it's like the worst excesses of PC gone mad. Lighten up, it's football... it's always been this way, and Argyle on average boo far less than many clubs I have been to... always have done.
If they carry on in their crusade, it will only make matters worse..the mass of people aren't daft when things are going wrong ... they only act dumb and compliant when things are going well. best hope for a result at Morecambe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just Back - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just Back   Just Back - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Back
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3