Highwayman
Dougie
tcm
Chemical Ali
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 7:39 pm

There's nothing alleged about it, SG, he was convicted of fraud.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 7:41 pm

The choice shouldn't be Fletcher vs Evans, as it's no-win.

Fletcher v Ling would be nice.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 7:42 pm

I did mean the sexual parts of it with the alleged Andy but see it doesn't read like that.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:30 am

To all those in favour of Steve Evans, I don't see how he's such a good manager all of a sudden. It's not a case of "lowlife but a good manager" or "head ruling heart" he's not anything special as a manager at all.

Distinct mediocrity at Boston on the field, far from any magnificent acheivment. Oh yeah, and he bankrupted them with dodgy payments and also got them deducted 4 points because of his involvment. We really need someone who's at a higher risk than most of sending us back into admin and lose us the points that we actually gain.

What he did at Crawley isn't anything special. Got them promoted about the 4th/5th time of asking from the Conference with big money behind him. Left last season with them in the play offs. Their form actually improved when Brewster took over. Looks like he really has the respect of the dressing rooms too [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's too early in the season for me to judge Fletch so I can hardly change my standards and judge Evans but he's not exactly pulling up trees so far at Rotherham, again with big bucks behind him.

Fletcher could have done/could be doing what Evans has at Crawley and Rotherham if he had ridiculous amount of money to hemmorhage around. Give a man a big pot of money and there's gonna be some degree of sucess whether he's any good or not. Carl Fletcher could easily have done what he did at Crawley last year.

It's not a dilemma of him being a lowlife but some kind of tactical master. He's a lowlife and a manager who is distinctly average at best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:24 am

I'm pretty sure punchy is arguing just for the sake of it.

I don't think there's a supporter out there who would seriously want him managing their club. You're dead right Sam, he got Boston promoted by paying players ten times what other clubs were able to pay, and declaring they were paid a tenth of what they were. Rangers have been demoted three leagues for pretty much the same thing.

He is just a thug. Anyone disagreeing with him gets it both barrels. Managers, fan's, referees it makes no difference to him.

You should read the link on this thread, then the link posted in the comments there and then say you would want him as manager.

If you still do then you are deranged.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:34 am

GreenSam wrote:

It's too early in the season for me to judge Fletch so I can hardly change my standards and judge Evans but he's not exactly pulling up trees so far at Rotherham, again with big bucks behind him.

Carl the clueless has had plenty long enough as far as I'm concerned. I want him out and I want him out NOW! Evans would be a better manager but he is a total dickhead which would get in the way of things. So I don't want either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:42 am

I am sure that fans at Argyle are choosing to ignore the fact that the FA had to re-write the rule book to allow Brent to buy our club, he is now using money from the club to pay off the costs off said purchase. He has then used money the council gave him for selling the ground to add to his pension fund. The club now has no assets and the speccy banker is much richer. He is also using fans buying pasties and auctioning shirts to pay off his debt's as well. We have been saddled with an in-experienced manager who will keep the fans away with negative tactic's whilst he learns his trade and we flounder in the lower reaches of the lowest division in the land, but hey it's ok we hold the moral high ground? WTF?
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:01 am

Iggy wrote:
I am sure that fans at Argyle are choosing to ignore the fact that the FA had to re-write the rule book to allow Brent to buy our club, he is now using money from the club to pay off the costs off said purchase. He has then used money the council gave him for selling the ground to add to his pension fund. The club now has no assets and the speccy banker is much richer. He is also using fans buying pasties and auctioning shirts to pay off his debt's as well. We have been saddled with an in-experienced manager who will keep the fans away with negative tactic's whilst he learns his trade and we flounder in the lower reaches of the lowest division in the land, but hey it's ok we hold the moral high ground? WTF?

Phew, I thought things were worse than this. Greeeeen Arrrrrmy
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:29 am

was gonna say, perhaps some people should look a bit closer to home at there own club before ripping into another mans reputation

if you looking at it from a pure footballing sense you would pick evans every day. he is a winner and has done so, Fletcher struggles to win a coin toss
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:32 am

I'm surprised Evans has still got a job in football after the Boston fiasco, and this latest episode is further proof, if any were needed, that the man should not be allowed anywhere near a football club.

As it is, he's destined to mess around in the lower leagues, every now and again doing something that pushes the boundaries of decency, for the headlines that he craves. No decent club would go anywhere near him.
Back to top Go down
Pilgrim33

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:44 am

I AM SURE HE WILL BE MISSED FOR THE SIX GAMES
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:45 am

Pilgrim33 wrote:
I AM SURE HE WILL BE MISSED FOR THE SIX GAMES

Well there will be more space on the bench that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:51 am

how the hell are the FA going to know if he is in the stadium or not , he will be there thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 11:44 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
I'm surprised Evans has still got a job in football after the Boston fiasco, and this latest episode is further proof, if any were needed, that the man should not be allowed anywhere near a football club.

As it is, he's destined to mess around in the lower leagues, every now and again doing something that pushes the boundaries of decency, for the headlines that he craves. No decent club would go anywhere near him.
Spot on, 100% agree
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 12:13 pm

Saltash green wrote:
how the hell are the FA going to know if he is in the stadium or not , he will be there thats for sure.

He is fat enough to spot. Just measure the earth tremors around the ground to get an idea if the cretin is nearby or not
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 1:15 pm

A stadium ban is pretty odd.

He could, especially at home games, make a mockery of it all by setting up a base camp in the carpark and give his instructions and teamtalk out there prior to the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 2:01 pm

im sure for at least home games he will be watching the match from somewhere within the stadium and will be in contact with the dressing room at half time
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:28 pm

Wasn't Mourinho banned from the stadium for one of Chelsea's European cup games? I seem to remember the cameras constantly focusing on the fitness coach, as he had a wooly hat pulled down low and they thought he might have some sort of earpiece in.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 3:38 pm

Mourinho was smuggled in inside a laundry basket. I don't think they make them in Evan's size so he might have a problem.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:26 pm

Saltash green wrote:
was gonna say, perhaps some people should look a bit closer to home at there own club before ripping into another mans reputation

if you looking at it from a pure footballing sense you would pick evans every day. he is a winner and has done so, Fletcher struggles to win a coin toss
I don't get how he's a winner? He got Boston and Crawley into in the league, paying significantly more than any other team was allowed to pay, and not even at the first time of asking.

He's had the biggest budget in the league two seasons running at Crawley and Rotherham and so far hasn't pulled up trees at either club. He didn't really get Crawley into League One. They were in the play offs when he departed and Craig Brewster got them over the line. I'd prefer Brewster to Evans as our manager if Fletch was to leave.

If he did something about average I'd get this argument but he hasn't. Carl Fletcher could have done at the very least equally as well if he was given such extreme amounts of money to splash about on whichever players he wanted.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:32 pm

How can you be so sure about that Sam? Bryan Robson, Roy Keane and many others have had huge budgets and no success at many clubs. Evans did get those teams up and it is very early days at Rotherham still. Fletcher has one of the top half dozen budgets in league 2 this year so are you saying if we finish below 6th he has been a failure? I agree Evans is a total toss pot and wouldn't want him near my club.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 4:33 pm

Fletcher would find a way to look clueless even with XI galacticos in the team.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
jabba the gut ecfc

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 5:36 pm

Iggy wrote:

A fellow Grecian who's in the know about these sorts of things, tells me that your council put in more than we received from the Manchester United tie that got us out of the sh*t. Bit of a result for the Reluctant Bidder if true.

I was reading your much-loved sister forum the other day and nearly fell off my chair when someone wrote in praise of the Reluctant Bidder that, "He Doesn't Do Failure". Now apart from the, "Where Have I Heard This Before" aspect of that particular gem, wasn't the Reluctant Bidder global head of some branch or other of CitiCorp - the same CitiCorp who received the biggest US Government TARP bailout of all, shortly after he left? I seem to recall a not inconsiderable degree of US public fury over this, given the massive bonuses Citicorp paid it's chief executives over many years (presumably the Reluctant Bidder trousered his fair share) and the other shenanigans it was involved in, such as thieving money from current accounts. Granted, the Reluctant Bidder may or may not have been privy to any of this, but it speaks of a certain culture within the organisation of which he was an extremely senior official.

Of course it's hardly news that financial institutions were exposed as having been involved in some pretty amoral thievery, graft and greed, over a considerable period of time. In fact Senior executives of financial institutions were generally regarded as scum of the earth at the exact same time one of their number, in the form of the Reluctant Bidder, rode valiantly into town just in time to save you from the burden of all that development land. I'm sure the resounding cheers of, "For He's A Jolly Good Former Senior Chief Executive Of A Financial Institution That Nearly Went Bust" made the prospect of all the filthy lucre to be made pale into insignificance.

On the other hand, at least you have the bits of a club the Reluctant Bidder is happy for you to have. And I suppose the cherry on top is the ersatz form of fan involvement barely worthy of the name, that the Reluctant Bidder is so keen to foster to keep the natives from becoming too restless, while he does the bare minimum on the footballing side, such as keeping in post a manager who seems to be there by default. Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of admiration for Fletcher both as a player and a person - and he may one day become a good manager - but at the moment he seems to be the cheap option and out of his depth.

I don't know - maybe all this cynicism is most unfair. After all, the Reluctant Bidder gets it; he's got the bug; he's a real fan. The fact that this kind of cheap rhetoric is identical to the sort of palliative BS any shyster parliamentary candidate with an eye on the main chance routinely spouts whenever they're parachuted into a far away constituency of which they know little and care less come election time is entirely co-incidental. Is it also a coincidence that "Pasty" is an anagram of "Patsy"? Perhaps Ginsters should make those too.

Personally, if St. Tony Of Cascarino hadn't come to the rescue, I would have taken reformation as AFC Exeter in Step 7 with fan-ownership every day of the week and twice on Sunday while making the most of the ride back, rather than saving the legal entity called Exeter City FC at any costs under a scenario like yours. But maybe I and those of you who think like me will be proved wrong. Who knows?

Last edited by jabba the gut ecfc on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 5:49 pm

Welcome to yet another of our Exeter fans.

An interesting first post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 5:57 pm

feck me that was hard going pissed.

Im a jabba fan already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban   Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steve Evans given 6 game stadium ban
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next