Elias
oxfordgreen
Rickler
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:15 pm

The more I read on this forum from the anti-Brent, anti-Webb, anti-Newell posters, the more I am actually starting to believe the claims that ATD contains some very hypocritical people.

I sent a PM to someone on pasoti the other day (it wasn't a threatening one before anyone chimes in with a witty response) basically calling them out on some of the things they'd said in the Peggy thread over there and got a balanced and decent response. It was good to read as it seemed heart-felt and full of integrity. It wasn't a flat denial and it wasn't a response written in mock anger either - that's what I'd expected. It was a pretty refreshing thing to be sent from someone who's supposed to be a notorious evil-doer (according to some on here).

Next there was Chris Webb's post where I asked him to give his views of the current situation on the pitch and it was a really heart-felt, passionate post from someone who cares. If you listen to some on here, Chris Webb isn't even an Argyle supporter.

What I've read on here recently is entirely different from people who don't even attend games and even find it amusing when we lose.

Does that smack of hypocrisy?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:23 pm

Spare us your inane drivel, will you?

If you want to talk about hypocrisy, start with your Dad - one of the biggest offenders on here.

Last edited by Rickler on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:24 pm

Are you the official Pasoti brown-nose on ATD?
Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:27 pm

So are you leaving us?
Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:27 pm

Rickler wrote:
Spare us your inane drivel, will you?

If you want to talk about hypocrisy, start with your Dad - one of the biggest offenders on here.

He is a terrible person. He's just a retired man who likes going to Argyle on a Saturday for a pre-match chat with friends and a pint or two afterwards. He's a normal person on the internet - quite a rare thing.

punchdrunk wrote:

No.

Bogsider wrote:
So are you leaving us?

No. Unless you donate £500 to the staff fund.
Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:29 pm

I think you are both right and wrong hairy.

But it's an indication of how healthy this site is that you won't be reviled and abused for posting such a challenging post.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:33 pm

hairy j wrote:
The more I read on this forum from the anti-Brent, anti-Webb, anti-Newell posters, the more I am actually starting to believe the claims that ATD contains some very hypocritical people.

I sent a PM to someone on pasoti the other day (it wasn't a threatening one before anyone chimes in with a witty response) basically calling them out on some of the things they'd said in the Peggy thread over there and got a balanced and decent response. It was good to read as it seemed heart-felt and full of integrity. It wasn't a flat denial and it wasn't a response written in mock anger either - that's what I'd expected. It was a pretty refreshing thing to be sent from someone who's supposed to be a notorious evil-doer (according to some on here).

Next there was Chris Webb's post where I asked him to give his views of the current situation on the pitch and it was a really heart-felt, passionate post from someone who cares. If you listen to some on here, Chris Webb isn't even an Argyle supporter.

What I've read on here recently is entirely different from people who don't even attend games and even find it amusing when we lose.

Aviva till the end
Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:48 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Aviva till the end

No.
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:56 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Aviva till the end

What dose the term "Aviva" mean?
Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tuVGST_1gE

It's from the advert for Aviva car insurance when Paul Whitehouse played the part of an Argyle fan who travels the country to support the team. He drives a lot in the advert so cheaper car insurance is important to him as what he saves on that, he can spend on petrol. In short, it's a work of fiction but uses the loyalty and support of a football fanatic as a premise to advertise inexpensive car insurance. Paul shouts "green army" in the advert and this used to be played prior to kick off at Argyle as a bit of a joke.

It is used as an insult on here although I'm not sure why being a loyal fan and supporting the club all over the country is something to be scorned.

Like I said, hypocrisy from people who claim superiority over others.

Perfect example from the Burnley match thread.

punchdrunk wrote:
Argyle are not only the worst side in the entire league, they are also crap at penalties...woeful against exeter last season and all

Burnley away where we've not won since 1973. We went 1-0 down to a Championship side and equalised in normal time and then didn't concede in the extra 30 minutes. We lost 3-2 on penalties. Nonsensical posts from hypocrites.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:44 pm

that 'advert' made the fans of our glorious club look like a bunch of dimwits.
it made our glorious club a laughing stock.

thing is the club even helped them out to film/kit them out to look authentic.

this is before it all started to go wrong..................how ironic or did they know argyle were on the slide??????????????????????
Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:52 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:

this is before it all started to go wrong..................how ironic or did they know argyle were on the slide??????????????????????

The ability to laugh at oneself is an ability to detach and see ourselves as others might see us. There's something very positive about that.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:54 pm

Rite burd?
Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:57 pm

I thought that other club fans treated as the joke it was intended to be and having worn an Argyle shirt a long way from home I haven't found anyone taking the piss or laughing at the club.

It is so simple to dismiss a point somebody is trying to make on here with this "You must be an Aviva then" or "It's all your fault Argyle are shit". Or lets do what Rickler did and make a personal remark about somebody who hasn't actually posted the thread. Hypocrisy Rickler???? You will have to explain that one. People like you are so predictable just as much as you accuse others of being. One agenda and it has little to do with posting anything about football on a football website.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:00 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:

I must admit I never felt that was the case Greg. Whenever I wore my Argyle shirt people used to stop and chat and were very positive towards the club. Some were concerned about the advert taking the piss out of us and how it should be stopped.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:06 pm

Well thats different than what I found.At places like Blackpool and Barnsley,opposing fans were taking the mick only they couldn't get the accent right.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:09 pm

One example of hypocrisy might be briefing to get a long time ordinary football fan removed from a club publication whilst purportedly representing the views of ordinary football fans. All done in the shadows at the behest of a mate.
Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:12 pm

That advert made us into a laughing stock....only the likes of sensible and his ilk find it amusing , they are just one of the reasons why this club will never achieve nothing, the enemy within, even they probably dont know it themselves they need to move on , they sre dragging this club back into the doldrums with their aviva and village attitudes
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:14 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Or lets do what Rickler did and make a personal remark about somebody who hasn't actually posted the thread. Hypocrisy Rickler???? You will have to explain that one.

It would only need explaining to you...

You are a hypocrite because...

You moan about Tringy (me) and others complaining about Newell and Webb, and yet you moan about Tringy all the time.

You complain about people being abusive and yet you are abusive quite often yourself.

You object to phrases such as "You don't get it" and then you use the phrase yourself.

The list could go on and on...

I honestly don't think you have a clue what you have written half the time.

Hypocrite.
Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:16 pm

Rickler wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Or lets do what Rickler did and make a personal remark about somebody who hasn't actually posted the thread. Hypocrisy Rickler???? You will have to explain that one.

It would only need explaining to you...

You are a hypocrite because...

You moan about Tringy (me) and others complaining about Newell and Webb, and yet you moan about Tringy all the time.

You complain about people being abusive and yet you are abusive quite often yourself.

You object to phrases such as "You don't get it" and then you use the phrase yourself.

The list could go on and on...

I honestly don't think you have a clue what you have written half the time.

Hypocrite.

To quote Tringy
"in the land of the blind the one eyed Aviva boy is king"

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:27 pm

Well you would quote Tringy wouldn't you punchdrunk as you don't have a thought of your own. It's a waste of time trying to explain to you because you are clearly deaf and I'd only be accused of boring everyone by repeating myself. You blame who you like but please try to do it without the aid of others who actually do think past their dick.

I didn't start the name calling Rickler it was he who labelled me "boringbloke". I think he is a bored man who thinks he has all the answers and I don't happen to agree with much he has to say. You just jump on the bandwagon. This is a football website so where are your posts about anything to do with football? They are quite a rare item and nearly everything you say is either slagging off the famous two or picking holes in me and my son it seems now. He posted this thread not me but instantly you bring me into it. Easy defence isn't it but not actually addressing the subject matter. I really couldn't care less what you think of me.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:33 pm

problem was the advert co - incided with a shocking start to the season & we were roundly mocked, everyhwere & by everyone who thought for some reason like they were the only ones who'd ever thought to shout green army at someone wearing an argyle shirt.

i think the ad aired first the day after the defeat at pride park & by the time we played preston in december i was sick of it.........
Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:39 pm

I have to say it wasn't my experience that anyone was laughing at the club or me but having had the Green Army thing shouted at me a number of times usually accompanied by a wave it was done more in fun than mocking. Have to say it did wear thin after a while and I'd agree they all seemed to think they were original but that isn't mocking either the club or the supporters. I think and thought at the time they were just joining in with the joke.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 1:56 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

You just jump on the bandwagon. This is a football website so where are your posts about anything to do with football? They are quite a rare item and nearly everything you say is either slagging off the famous two or picking holes in me and my son it seems now. He posted this thread not me but instantly you bring me into it. Easy defence isn't it but not actually addressing the subject matter. I really couldn't care less what you think of me.

Perhaps you didn't start the name calling but you admonished those that did and then immediately started the abuse yourself. That makes you a hypocrite. Have you got that through that dense skull that can't seem to comprehend the most basic of facts sometimes?

I know this is a "football" website but 'football' has many different facets. Commentating on what formation we should be using etc is pointless, and as with most "football matters", half the people who bang on about it clearly don't know what they are talking about. Since I don't get to too many games it would be wrong of me to chat too much about that side of things. If I did, you would only be moaning about it. Comprende?

However... Other aspects I have my opinion on. Anytime you want my view, feel free to ask. You might learn something.

And, I will keep talking about Newell's (and to a lesser extent Webb's) cancerous effect on the club and your whinging won't be stopping me.

As for jumping on the bandwagon... Hardly... I was one of those that got the wagon rolling in the first place. But then - as you have admitted - you don't know your internet Argyle history, do you?

And yes.. Your son started this thread, and yes... I brought you into it because he was talking about hypocrites and you are one of the biggest, so your claim that I wasn't addressing the subject matter is absurd.

Got it yet?

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 4:59 am

punchdrunk wrote:

It is beginning to sound that way.

Last edited by Tringreen on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hypocrisy   Hypocrisy Empty

Back to top Go down

Hypocrisy
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next