HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Laughable hypocrisy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Laughable hypocrisy Empty
PostSubject: Laughable hypocrisy   Laughable hypocrisy EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:08 am

To give Steve McLean all that grief yesterday and then give Luke Summerfield a warm round of applause when he came on as sub. lol! lol! I wonder what Luke made of it all after the abuse he copped from a fair majority of fans when he was down here?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Laughable hypocrisy   Laughable hypocrisy EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:17 am

I thought that but he wasn't in the same class of shyte as Maclean.

Summerfield was crap for us, Maclean took the pish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Laughable hypocrisy   Laughable hypocrisy EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:20 am

Oh thank you! It seemed to me that half the kids hurling abuse at McLean weren't even old enough to remember him as a player, and the hypocritical reaction to Summerfield was noted in the area where I sit. It's hardly McLean's fault that we paid so much for him, and while he wasn't the best player we've ever had he was far from the worst. I always felt he was kind of too good, actually: he had a football intelligence that he didn't get to use because of the way we played at the time and the other players in that team.

Plus, McLean was bound to score: every former player who gets abuse does that. Why don't we learn?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Laughable hypocrisy   Laughable hypocrisy EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:23 am

The difference for me was that Summerfield tried his best for the club, I really don't think Maclean cared.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Laughable hypocrisy   Laughable hypocrisy EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:31 am

Peggy wrote:
I always felt he was kind of too good, actually: he had a football intelligence that he didn't get to use because of the way we played at the time and the other players in that team.?
People have spouted the line about loads of disinterested players over the years...Crawford, McGregor, Maclean, Makel, Capaldi.

Bottom line is they weren't interested. Not many of them went upwards after leaving us, either.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Laughable hypocrisy   Laughable hypocrisy EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:09 am

you cant play football without being interested in football,,,,you wouldnt play football without being interested in football,,,,,the myth that some people who play football arnt interested football wasnt very well thought out,,,,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Laughable hypocrisy   Laughable hypocrisy EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:15 am

tcm wrote:
you cant play football without being interested in football,,,,you wouldnt play football without being interested in football,,,,,the myth that some people who play football arnt interested football wasnt very well thought out,,,,

I once played for a team that I wasn't especially interested in. I played less hard for them than I would have done otherwise. One match we had a 'guest' player - a cocky young lad who was clearly very good indeed. He spent the whole game showboating. He wasn't interested in the team either. If he had been playing for his Saturday team I'm sure he would have approached things differently. Unless I am unique, I am sure that lots of other players approach games similarly.

PS Welcome, Mike.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Laughable hypocrisy   Laughable hypocrisy EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:31 am

I think you can look at players like Jamie Mackie, who absolutely busts a gut every time he plays, but does often get left out of the QPR team in favour of Adel Taarabt, who has bucketloads more talent. Unless the sun is shining and QPR are winning, not a frequent occurrence on either count recently, then Taarabt doesn't apply himself and might as well not be on the pitch, and invariably Mackie gets recalled the following week and goes out to prove the manager was wrong to leave him out.

Maclean always seemed like a Taarabt type character to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Laughable hypocrisy   Laughable hypocrisy EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:39 am

Whatever the rights and wrongs of it may be, the chant made me laugh:

"You've got Steve Maclean,

You've got Steve Maclean,

How shit must you be,

You've got Steve Maclean."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Laughable hypocrisy   Laughable hypocrisy EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:46 am

Quite simply Maclean has a huge attitude problem and he attracts trouble where ever he goes . He could have had a wonderful career without the chip on both shoulders .
He was lazy for us and I was amazed how much effort he put in yesterday as I never saw that when he was with us . I would describe him as a less than honest player .
What ever you think of Summerfield he always tried .
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Laughable hypocrisy   Laughable hypocrisy EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:20 pm

knecht wrote:
tcm wrote:

I once played for a team that I wasn't especially interested in. I played less hard for them than I would have done otherwise. One match we had a 'guest' player - a cocky young lad who was clearly very good indeed. He spent the whole game showboating. He wasn't interested in the team either. If he had been playing for his Saturday team I'm sure he would have approached things differently. Unless I am unique, I am sure that lots of other players approach games similarly.

PS Welcome, Mike.
thanks knecht,,,,just havin a look on here,see what is all about,,,,bit off people watching,,,,finding it interesting and there dosnt seem to be a certain mr x on here so thats nice,,,,,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Laughable hypocrisy   Laughable hypocrisy EmptySun May 06, 2012 8:56 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Whatever the rights and wrongs of it may be, the chant made me laugh:

"You've got Steve Maclean,

You've got Steve Maclean,

How shit must you be,

You've got Steve Maclean."

It also made me laugh but only because of the timing. He'd taken abuse from the off, gave as good as he got, scored the goal, (albeit a lucky deflection), and then they come up with that chant. Their fans must have thought "we might be sh*t but we're beating you". I think it was written in the script from the off that he was going to score.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Laughable hypocrisy   Laughable hypocrisy EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:17 pm

We got rid of Summerfield because he wasn't up to the job in the Championship. I would welcome him home in this league where he is right at home. I never ever gave him stick when he played for us. He scored against Southampton to put us top one season and that was worth another contract in itself.

Maclean was a lazy git with a chip the size of Ronaldo's head on his shoulders. Clearly a player with ability and probably a bit wasted in the side we had but deserved all the stick he got when he was our's because of his clear lack of effort. He was bound to get stick yesterday and of course he was bound to score. On another day he would have been booked for his celebration as well but given it was end of term the Ref looked lenient all afternoon. It wasn't his fault we paid so much for him or offered him the wages he got paid that's true. But it was his fault the lack of loyalty he showed and effort he put in. The chants were a bit classic and even he applauded one of them and laughed whilst still on the pitch. The "You're used to that bench" after he went off made me laugh as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Laughable hypocrisy   Laughable hypocrisy EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:59 pm

The lack of knowledge some of our supporters display is laughable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laughable hypocrisy   Laughable hypocrisy Empty

Back to top Go down

Laughable hypocrisy
Page 1 of 1