Pete1886
mouldyoldgoat
Charlie Wood
pepsipete
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Forcasting League - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 8:55 pm

Local carp 1 london carp 2.
Back to top Go down
fridgey

fridgey

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Argyle 2 - 0 Wimbledon
Back to top Go down
oxfordgreen

oxfordgreen

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:19 am

Argyle 3 - 1 AFC Wimbledon
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 12:34 am

Argyle 2 - 2 AFC Wimbledon

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 5:20 am

Freathy wrote:
Argyle 1-1 Wimbledon (Williams)

Lots of positives, improving, passing football, soft goal to concede, sucker punch blah blah blah Sleep Sleep Sleep

FLETCHER OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Errrrrm yeah, no, I'm with Sad Act Wink know what I mean ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 9:55 am

Argyle 2 - 1 Wimbledon ( Mad Joe & Williams)
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:22 am

Argyle 2 The phoney Wimbledon 1
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:25 am

Argyle 2 Wimbledon 1 Williams Madjo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:30 am

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
Argyle 2 The phoney Wimbledon 1

Surely these are the REAL Wimbledon and MK Dons are the phoney's?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:36 am

no MK Dons are the REAL wimbledon.

AFC are the like United of Manchester, we dont like the way our club is going so lets set up our own cheers

bit like an ATD'er setting up AFC Plymouth..................

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 7:56 am

no MK Dons are the REAL wimbledon.

AFC are the like United of Manchester, we dont like the way our club is going so lets set up our own cheers

bit like an ATD'er setting up AFC Plymouth..................

But didn't AFC Wimbledon get the FA Cup replica given to them by MK Dons, or is my memory going in my old age?

I know that I consider them to be the REAL Wimbledon, whereas MK Dons are just a club conveniently relocated to Milton Keynes, and the old Wimbledon fans watch AFC Wimbledon.

Probably a subject for another thread though Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 8:33 am

I remember watching Wimbledon play in the Isthmian league in the 1950/60s.

Top amatuer league in those days, opponents.........Bromley,Dulwich Hamlet,Walthamstow Avenue,Wealdstone,Kingstonian,Tooting & Mitcham,Corinthian Casuals.Barking....and others I can't remember off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 11:04 am

No Tricks 2 New Tricks 0

p.s GCFC has always taken this stance with regards to Wimbledon with almost no support. Most football people I know consider AFC Wimbledon to be the child of Wimbledon FC who proudly won the FA Cup.

"The parties aimed to resolve this, and came to an agreement in 2006. The WISA (wimbledon Independent Supporters Association) would remove its objections with the FSF (Football Supporters Federation) regarding MK Dons supporters, and stop calling for a boycott of MK Dons matches, and in return Milton Keynes Dons would renounce any claim to a history before 2004, and transfer the Wimbledon F.C. trophy replicas and other physical paraphernalia to Merton Borough. All of this was done in August 2007. The Wimbledon F.C. trophies were subsequently put on public display at Morden Library in Merton, alongside other club memorabilia, in April 2008."

In addition MK Dons' own accord states:

"MKDFC shall also assign unencumbered ownership of all Wimbledon FC related trademarks and website domain names which it owns to the London Borough of Merton. MKDFC shall present no objection to the Football League or its contractors to any Wimbledon FC related web domain name being transferred unencumbered to the London Borough of Merton."

and

"5. All parties recognise that AFC Wimbledon was established by supporters of the former Wimbledon FC following the decision to allow that club to move to Milton Keynes.

6. All parties recognise and genuinely regret the hurt which was caused to supporters of the former Wimbledon FC by the move to Milton Keynes."

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:05 pm

That sounds about how I viewed it.

The apology at the end was a nice touch too. Just about covers all bases.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:20 pm

think you'll find MK were almost 'embarrased' into giving the FA Cup up, instead we have a club formed in 2002 that somehow won the cup in 1988 !!!!!!!!

I have & always WILL take the stance that AFC are the 'phoney club', perhaps if the fans for the REAL Wimbledon had supported them better (cant think of anoth word) then maybe just maybe they would never have moved.

i do actually work with a fan of the 'orignal' club who now follows AFC - suffice to sayhe gets a fair amount of stick from me!!!! lol!

PS Of note is WImbledon 'hero' hamman tried to move the club in 1979 to guess where ??????

Answer - Milton Keynes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 12:27 pm

think you'll find MK were almost 'embarrased' into giving the FA Cup up, instead we have a club formed in 2002 that somehow won the cup in 1988 !!!!!!!!

I have & always WILL take the stance that AFC are the 'phoney club', perhaps if the fans for the REAL Wimbledon had supported them better (cant think of anoth word) then maybe just maybe they would never have moved.

i do actually work with a fan of the 'orignal' club who now follows AFC - suffice to sayhe gets a fair amount of stick from me!!!! lol!

PS Of note is WImbledon 'hero' hamman tried to move the club in 1979 to guess where ??????

We're hijacking a thread so I'll leave this and of course I won't change your mind, and nor should I, but other clubs were also in discussions about moving to MK - Charlton in 1973 and Luton in 1982.

If Argyle moved to another City 100 miles away I would support the "new" club that would come into being as its replacement in my natural home.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:11 pm

Nick Wall wrote:

We're hijacking a thread so I'll leave this and of course I won't change your mind, and nor should I, but other clubs were also in discussions about moving to MK - Charlton in 1973 and Luton in 1982.

If Argyle moved to another City 100 miles away I would support the "new" club that would come into being as its replacement in my natural home.

Didn't they try to move them to Dublin once when Kinnear was in charge? Must confess that i would regard tomorrows opposition as the true Wimbledon rather than MKD,who i think of as more of as a town football club which didn't earn its place in the football league,rather had it presented to them through other peoples time and efforts.But anyway;

Argo 0 Wimbledon 0
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 1:16 pm

I have always thought of AFC as the real Wimbledon.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 2:20 pm

Argyle 1-0 Dons
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 2:21 pm

Nick Wall wrote:

that would work out nicely for me, i might even make a few games
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 2:21 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I have always thought of AFC as the real Wimbledon.

+1
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:38 pm

Argyle 4 Wimbledon 0

I know... I know.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:49 pm

First prediction for me, I won't be able to catch up with the pace setters at this stage being a late starter, but I'll try and close the gap:

Argyle 1-0 Wimbledon.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 5:54 pm

GreenSam wrote:
First prediction for me, I won't be able to catch up with the pace setters at this stage being a late starter, but I'll try and close the gap:

Argyle 1-0 Wimbledon.

Sam if you are any good at this lark you only have to get 2 scores right and you will be beating me! Embarassed

Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 6:31 pm

1-0 to the greens
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forcasting League   Forcasting League - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forcasting League
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next