Charlie Wood
Greenskin
Old Timer
Freathy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:28 pm

Was very poor indeed.

Here's a little taste of tonights atmosphere, actually pretty good, I was 2 seats along from this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:00 am

Surprisingly awesome, atmosphere Cobi.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:05 am

GOB wrote:
Surprisingly awesome, atmosphere Cobi.

For a friendly, it was alright. Absolutely dead in the first half, but then an argyle goalmouth scramble sparked a roar among the fans and the singing begun. Looking forward to the Pompey atmosphere now, not the game though
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:53 am

GOB wrote:
What an absolute pish poor penalty with "I couldn't give a fok" written all over it!

Judging it only from cobi's clip that was that was my first thought aswell Gob, it looks like he couldn't be arsed. IF that's his attitude he should just go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:57 am

Highwayman wrote:
GOB wrote:
What an absolute pish poor penalty with "I couldn't give a fok" written all over it!

Judging it only from cobi's clip that was that was my first thought aswell Gob, it looks like he couldn't be arsed. IF that's his attitude he should just go.

Wotton came on a minute after the penalty was taken.

Feeney grabbed the ball and stepped up to take it but Chadwick took it off him to claim the glory, didn't really work out for him.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:59 am

Pitbull wrote:
Highwayman wrote:
GOB wrote:

Feeney grabbed the ball and stepped up to take it but Chadwick took it off him to claim the glory, didn't really work out for him.

So he was 'arsed'... He was just incapable.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:00 am

Pitbull wrote:
Highwayman wrote:
GOB wrote:

That's the problem Cobi, nothing really works out for him does it. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:12 am

I note from posters on the other side that a lot of them are questioning Chadwicks motivation and work ethic.
That was certainly something that was never in question during his 1st spell at Argyle, he may not be the most talented of players however I always found him to be a 100% effort merchant especially under Pulis.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:29 am

So the mighty Argyle drew the same crowd last night as Maidstone United, how are the "mighty" fallen ?
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:08 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
So the mighty Argyle drew the same crowd last night as Maidstone United, how are the "mighty" fallen ?

Yes we are quietly chuffed to bits.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 8:54 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:

We clearly haven't finished falling yet. This 'team' and 'manager' are the worst in the football league and by some distance.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:39 am

Freathy wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

We clearly haven't finished falling yet. This 'team' and 'manager' are the worst in the football league and by some distance.

And the more Brent Sahib, his anonymous board and his jester hatted, gushingly loyal and overkeen jamboys try to dress it all up, the worse it looks, to all but the few hundred poodles and Avivas who hang on every word.

We have a non investing owner, an inexperienced and inarticulate coaching team but plenty of noise and bluster from the supposed local tribal leaders, who have a track record of brainlessly backing anyone in a suit who might let them sit in the directors' box. Remember the, 'I'll never hear a bad word against that man and his lovely family' ?

This really is a case of The Emperor's New Clothes. Try to dress it up all you like guys, the cupboard is bare.

Enjoy the ride my arse.
Back to top Go down
DanTheMan

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:41 am

Shut up Tring change the record you sour old git
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:44 am

DanTheMan wrote:
Shut up Tring change the record you sour old git

The truth hurts doesn't it my Aviva friend ?

Listen to Tringy........................ you know it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
DanTheMan

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:59 am

Trust in Tring? You go on like a sour old man, jealous your mate Newell got the AAA pass?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:24 am

DanTheMan wrote:
Trust in Tring? You go on like a sour old man, jealous your mate Newell got the AAA pass?

A very sad day for the club.It will get worse before it gets better but at least we all have the choice whether to watch it or not.

Enjoy the ride................................ and the empty seats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:36 am

and the awesome atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:46 am

So then, to précis, apart from the missed Pen, we had one effort on target?

But due to the fact we weren't utterly walloped out of sight again, the general consensus is "the bheys done good!"

I may be wrong, but I'd wager the main reason fan reaction amongst the 1500 is ok, is because the vast majority of those choosing to turn up last night, are the sort who will blindly follow no matter what.

Aviva to the max...
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:58 am

Czarcasm wrote:
So then, to précis, apart from the missed Pen, we had one effort on target?

But due to the fact we weren't utterly walloped out of sight again, the general consensus is "the bheys done good!"

I may be wrong, but I'd wager the main reason fan reaction amongst the 1500 is ok, is because the vast majority of those choosing to turn up last night, are the sort who will blindly follow no matter what.

Aviva to the max...

That's about the size of it dear boy. They are relatively few in number but currently the banker loves them. It won't last.

If they really believe they will attract others to join these Avivafests, they are very much mistaken. Spotty kids and a few overgrown delinquets doing the salsa verde and the same old Avivas in the tent, munching on pasties and singing 'Janner'. It's becoming like a day centre for losers at HP. No class, no sophistiation, no hope.

I bet you're a tanned bitch too !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:59 am

I didn't attend but if I did it would have been to look at the newly constructed organic dugouts made from original British foreign timber.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 11:11 am

The people that went last night went purely to bow down to his supership in the director's box
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 11:18 am

I think Pitbull went to a different game to me, overall the performance was very average against a very average looking pre season Preston. As it says in the Herald today we could'nt score and worrying our defence just frequently parted. It was only for their crap finishing that they did'nt score another five. The first half was like watching a game played on the moon, the second half there was some singing, praising the likes of Feeney, Chadwick and Fletcher - which says it all. Positives ? Gorman looks a good loan signing and the fireman looks fit and did well as did Guetteri (again). Purse was again poor, as was Nelson and Young as for Feeney and Chadwick - not even worth commenting on. NOT LOOKING GOOD lets hope I am wrong on what I have seen so far, we will finish below Torquay and Exeter.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 11:37 am

akagreengull wrote:
I think Pitbull went to a different game to me, overall the performance was very average against a very average looking pre season Preston. As it says in the Herald today we could'nt score and worrying our defence just frequently parted. It was only for their crap finishing that they did'nt score another five. The first half was like watching a game played on the moon, the second half there was some singing, praising the likes of Feeney, Chadwick and Fletcher - which says it all. Positives ? Gorman looks a good loan signing and the fireman looks fit and did well as did Guetteri (again). Purse was again poor, as was Nelson and Young as for Feeney and Chadwick - not even worth commenting on. NOT LOOKING GOOD lets hope I am wrong on what I have seen so far, we will finish below Torquay and Exeter.

About the long and short of it for me. Although Griffiths did well against half hearted centre back challenges (its going to get much more agricultural in the league) and if the tactic his going to be knock it up to him someone needs to be close to make use of the loose ball - something that seemed beyond anyones ability last night.
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 11:52 am

Where does Gorman play? I have more hope for him over Fireman Sam tbh (happy to be proven wrong though)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brief synopsis (preston)   Brief synopsis (preston) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brief synopsis (preston)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2