Go down 
+2
Charlie Wood
Tgwu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Trouble in the kitchen Empty
PostSubject: Trouble in the kitchen   Trouble in the kitchen EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:52 am

Trouble in the kitchen here and up the road

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I wouldn't count your chickens if I was you if I what heard yesterday is true.
Apparently after giving the caterers (Linleys ?) the boot Argyle didn't think to ask what owns the all the equipment.
And guess who does...Linleys of course and they are taking it with them. So we may all be eating cold pasties next season. There is more to the story but will leave that for another time. (quote from other side)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the kitchen   Trouble in the kitchen EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:13 am

Will Brent be asking for the fans to donate kettles and ovens now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the kitchen   Trouble in the kitchen EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:25 am

Unlikely as it may seem, it does present the Catering department with an opportunity. If there's a bit of imagination to be found therein, the whole matchday catering operation could be given a major re-vamp.

Never mind debating about which Pasty supplier to use, how about providing a range of matchday food that steps away from the usual 'Pie and a Bovril' fayre that's the staple of every football ground in the country? Ok, Pasties have to be a part of it - God know the last thing needed is to hand Moaning Janners something else to gripe about - but a selection of food that doesn't include processed meat and cheap bread and pastry would be a start - pre packed salads, tortilla wraps, smoothies and juices, install chargrills and do steak and onion baguettes, grilled chicken breasts, decent vegetarian options, that sort of thing.

If the club is serious about 'improving the matchday experience' they need to stop sodding about with self-indulgent Salsa Verde muriels, big flags and the like, and take the opportunity to provide decent food, an imaginative menu, and reasonable prices, done in-house to make decent money for the club.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the kitchen   Trouble in the kitchen EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:32 am

Yooum one of them modern men buggers. Salads, smoothies ffs, we'll have Jamie Oliver next Very Happy Trouble is it takes forever to get served just dishing up bovrils and teas and whatever out of the hot press.

A decent pasty to cure the munchies after several pre match libations is all I require...and Ivor sorts that out. Queues for food stop me getting at more drink to top up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the kitchen   Trouble in the kitchen EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:40 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
Yooum one of them modern men buggers. Salads, smoothies ffs, we'll have Jamie Oliver next Very Happy Trouble is it takes forever to get served just dishing up bovrils and teas and whatever out of the hot press.

A decent pasty to cure the munchies after several pre match libations is all I require...and Ivor sorts that out. Queues for food stop me getting at more drink to top up.

I'm sure your Diabetic Nurse would approve of my thoughts clown

It's a serious point though Charlie - the food at Argyle is/was awful and overpriced. The choice was non-existant. Fast food doesn't have to be crap food, and not everyone wants one of those portions of hot air surrounded by pastry that were laughingly labelled 'pies' at the catering outlets last season. And if you've got kids, a choice between Kitkats, Yorkies and some obscenely overpriced bags of maltesers was all the confectionery on offer. What's wrong with offering a decent choice? The queues would indicate that there's plenty of demand for decent food and drink. If the club has anything about it, they'll grasp the opportunity.

Edited to add - How dare you bring Jamie Oliver into it. Even after a few years out of the Catering Industry, I'm a far better Chef than that self-publicising, thick-tongued Mockney Tosser.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the kitchen   Trouble in the kitchen EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:08 am

An opportunity certainly arises here. No food will be supplied, but each supporter attending has to bring their own, and will be charged to be allowed to eat it in the stadium.

With ideas like that, I 'm certainly associate director material! Smile

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the kitchen   Trouble in the kitchen EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:42 am

Bringing in cleaning gear for your seat too?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the kitchen   Trouble in the kitchen EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 11:59 am

With the sort of attendance figures Argyle will attract for the forseeable future, a couple of hours of food/drink sales each fortnight will continue to offer basic fare and be overpriced as it is everywhere else.
Far too much effort, time and probably waste to please the modern, moaning, healthy eating janner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the kitchen   Trouble in the kitchen EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 12:00 pm

seadog wrote:
Bringing in cleaning gear for your seat too?

Bring your own striker?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the kitchen   Trouble in the kitchen EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 1:14 pm

Couldn't give a flying one about what grub they serve in the food outlets, sort the shite out on the pitch is my only concern
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the kitchen   Trouble in the kitchen EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 6:33 pm

the forza verde will be serving the drinks in future whilst learning their new song ! jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the kitchen   Trouble in the kitchen EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:22 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
Unlikely as it may seem, it does present the Catering department with an opportunity. If there's a bit of imagination to be found therein, the whole matchday catering operation could be given a major re-vamp.

Never mind debating about which Pasty supplier to use, how about providing a range of matchday food that steps away from the usual 'Pie and a Bovril' fayre that's the staple of every football ground in the country? Ok, Pasties have to be a part of it - God know the last thing needed is to hand Moaning Janners something else to gripe about - but a selection of food that doesn't include processed meat and cheap bread and pastry would be a start - pre packed salads, tortilla wraps, smoothies and juices, install chargrills and do steak and onion baguettes, grilled chicken breasts, decent vegetarian options, that sort of thing.

If the club is serious about 'improving the matchday experience' they need to stop sodding about with self-indulgent Salsa Verde muriels, big flags and the like, and take the opportunity to provide decent food, an imaginative menu, and reasonable prices, done in-house to make decent money for the club.

Why not bring in Heston Blumenthal? He could make pasties out of squid, peppered with popping candy, wrapped in fresh home made pasta served to you in your seat in a cloud of dry ice by somebody dressed as a Pompey thug who is really a pretty waitress. Very Happy
Back in the real world you do make a good point, fast food does not have to be bad food, noodle bar?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the kitchen   Trouble in the kitchen EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:26 am

Also for sweets, why not have girls or boys with trays like they used to at the cinema selling chocolate and stuff, also didn't we used to sell hot dogs at half time like that? Or did I see it in a film set in America? You could easily have burger stall set up behind the barriers which would do a roaring trade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trouble in the kitchen   Trouble in the kitchen Empty

Back to top Go down

Trouble in the kitchen
Page 1 of 1