Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)

Go down 
+11
Tgwu
Grovehill
Freathy
Coxside_Green
Mrrapson
akagreengull
Greenskin
LondonGreen
Sir Francis Drake
Dougie
downthetrack
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)   What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle) - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:18 pm

fridgey wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I think deeds speak louder than words. I want to trust Brent but am having some difficulty with this. I don't totally distrust him like some on here especially do. I have respect for the fact the man is a successful businessman for one. My difficulty is that he has without doubt raised expectations with his words which don't appear to be bearing fruit on the ground. Other clubs do seem to be bringing in players of a better calibre than we have managed. No proof yet they will be more successful on the pitch and no proof ours will be useless either but it isn't lifting the gloom of the last few years and doing much to ensure the semi faithful will keep coming. Perception is everything if you want to keep or obtain people's interest. Only a great start to the season will quell fears and on the face of it that doesn't look much like happening. I hope I'm wrong.

I have never expected Brent to bung the club a big wedge and he has talked about self sufficiency. What I didn't expect was no investment or obvious investment at all. We are not in a position to be that self sufficient yet given the ground and associated parts are not in place to generate income. There is only so far you can go in talking something up before it wears thin and people stop listening. My guess is that before the next season is out there will be many more questioning Brent and his motives and the "he saved my club" thing will be history. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

Indeed Sensible, couldn't agree more.

Thirded.
Back to top Go down
louisdepalma

PostSubject: Re: What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)   What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:25 am

I totally agree with the sentiments regarding JB.

My gut feeling though is that he hasn't put blind faith in CF and if results are not going our way come October, CF might be in a vary precarious position. JB might not have been seen to put any money into the club, but it hasn't been entirely self financing for the last season, I would imagine there has been considerable capital injection for the day to day stuff. After all, Damian Johnston was costing us £9k a week for example.
But back on subject, if CF is not delivering, then JB is going to see that more money is required and he's not going to like that given that he has stated that we have one of the biggest budgets in the league. He wants the club to self finance, but it's not going to happen unless the activity on the pitch is delivering. JB is simply not going to keep throwing money at PAFC. PAFC is not going to be suddenly back in the CCC and pushing for the prem. But JB has said many things and will need to save his corporate face, he isn't running PAFC as his personal plaything like Chelsea is run, for example.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)   What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:37 am

I'd be interested to find out where JB has been throwing money at the club, LDP. There certainly hasn't been much evidence of a competitive budget if you judge it on the players that have come in or the potential targets that have been suggested. All they have been are players without a club or lower non league players. In no way does that suggest one of the biggest budgets in the league.

As for the Johnson thing I'm pretty certain that Huddlesfield would of been paying the majority of his wages, after all that's the reason he was sent out on loan.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)   What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:04 am

JB is throwing money at the development of a carpark and hasn't spent a penny on Plymouth Argyle Football Club.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)   What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:08 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
JB is throwing money at the development of a carpark and hasn't spent a penny on Plymouth Argyle Football Club.

Shock horror.Hes an x banker,they have an excellent track record.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)   What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:10 am

ZYPH wrote:
Well you pasoti rejects certainly have chips on your shoulders......no owner or manager would be good enough for you lot....that's obvious.

Trusting your own shadows must be difficult for some of you.....having no interest in pasoti myself but to follow any news that might be worth knowing means that I can take them or leave them.

Obviously James Brent is too good to be true so he has got to be on the make hasn't he.....how sad to live your lives like that.

No sir,i still post on PASOTI,as do quite a few others on this site.Try again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)   What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:42 am

If you look at the day to day running costs of PAFC, it becomes clear that last season there simply must have been some cash injected to keep the club running.

To use an admittedly poor comparison, any start up business doesn't make money from day one. There are capitalised start up costs, etc. PAFC wasn't exactly a start up business, but it wasn't a going concern. The smart move would have been to close it down, however football is a bit more than a simple business, there is passion, and history. It's not easy to let that go sometimes. Look at Aldershot.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)   What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:46 am

Bernstein wrote:
If you look at the day to day running costs of PAFC, it becomes clear that last season there simply must have been some cash injected to keep the club running.

To use an admittedly poor comparison, any start up business doesn't make money from day one. There are capitalised start up costs, etc. PAFC wasn't exactly a start up business, but it wasn't a going concern. The smart move would have been to close it down, however football is a bit more than a simple business, there is passion, and history. It's not easy to let that go sometimes. Look at Aldershot.

Good post .Join the none deluded fans forum.I don't care anyway as i'm a Greek.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)   What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:01 am

Bernstein wrote:

£400k from Heaney, £1.6m from the council?...£x from season tickets, £x from ticket sales...

£0 from Brent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)   What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:16 am

Are you talking personal cash or Company money Mock?

I wouldn't expect any Company Chairman to inject personal cash into a dodgy business venture, would you? Because that is what PAFC was this time last year.

I am confident that PAFC is financially viable and stable now though.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)   What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:22 am

To be honest, with the huge amounts of money he's due to make from any other projects surrounding the club, I do expect him to put money into the team as well. Not a huge amount, but enough to mean that we're not relying on part-time League of Wales strikers when we play in a professional league. As it is, Brent's probably made money from buying Argyle. The debts are being paid off by the club income over 5 years.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

PostSubject: Re: What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)   What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:33 am

We get in Cureton,Oakley,Gow and Davies.All played in the Championship.
Argyle get someone who's not good enough for Burton.feck me.
We have a big budget yeah course you do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)   What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:48 am

downthetrack wrote:

But we got local pasties and belfast style murials instead cheers cheers cheers cheers

there are some that would deem what i just said to be a good thing lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)   What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:51 am

Renegade wrote:
downthetrack wrote:

But we got local pasties and belfast style murials instead cheers cheers cheers cheers

Don't forget a big feck off flag that'll hide all the empty seats next season.

Oh and forza crappa have their own website now!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)   What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:53 am

Yea Man wrote:
Renegade wrote:
downthetrack wrote:

Don't forget a big feck off flag that'll hide all the empty seats next season.

Oh and forza crappa have their own website now!

I cant cope with all the good news i really cant lol I also see we are getting new sub dugouts too rendeer rendeer rendeer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)   What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:20 pm

Greenskin wrote:
ZYPH wrote:
Well you pasoti rejects certainly have chips on your shoulders......no owner or manager would be good enough for you lot....that's obvious.

Trusting your own shadows must be difficult for some of you.....having no interest in pasoti myself but to follow any news that might be worth knowing means that I can take them or leave them.

Obviously James Brent is too good to be true so he has got to be on the make hasn't he.....how sad to live your lives like that.

No sir,i still post on PASOTI,as do quite a few others on this site.Try again.

A lot more of us would love to post on pasoti but our opinions differ as to how the club should be run and more importantly that rules should apply to all not just the posters that don't fit in.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)   What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:27 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Bernstein wrote:

£400k from Heaney, £1.6m from the council?...£x from season tickets, £x from ticket sales...

£0 from Brent.

£400k from the pension fund in exchange for the prime piece of development land (time will tell whether we were ripped off or not)?. He also got a couple of his board to put in a £2-300k in exchange for 14% of x + y x z or whatever the babble was.

It's fair to say Brent has done very well for himself whilst Argyle supporters continue to suffer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)   What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:29 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
Bernstein wrote:

£0 from Brent.

£400k from the pension fund in exchange for the prime piece of development land (time will tell whether we were ripped off or not)?. He also got a couple of his board to put in a £2-300k in exchange for 14% of x + y x z or whatever the babble was.

It's fair to say Brent has done very well for himself whilst Argyle supporters continue to suffer.

And aslong as the gruesome twosome keep telling him what a wonderful job he's doing nothing will change.

But hey, we should be grateful we have a club atall apparently.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)   What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 3:46 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
Bernstein wrote:

£0 from Brent.

And aslong as the gruesome twosome keep telling him what a wonderful job he's doing nothing will change.

If we fail or struggle as predicted, I'd like to think Brent will soon realise he's not doing such a wonderful job when attendances start falling below 5k. Their time must be nearing an end, surely?. If not then the wider fanbase has to take responsibility for doing nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)   What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's going on? (my look on problems at argyle)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3