Czarcasm
lawnmowerman
shonbo
Coxside_Green
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Family Zone For All - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:05 pm

Some have accused the Forza Verde movement of influencing this and some have accused the President of doing this - I don't think that's true. I think it's just massive naivety on James Brent's part.

Personally, I moved from that area of the ground as it was littered with chavs who spent 90% of the game swearing at the away fans and posturing and looking hard and I don't miss Zoo Corner at all but this is plainly idiotic.

Nothing wrong with improving the family area and including the kids - they're our future season ticket holders but to put them next to the away fans is mental.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:10 pm

Dingle wrote:
This is an example where getting fans' views before making decisions is called for. James Brent should have worked with the Fans Trust immediately on taking over instead of wasting months and boring the pants off everyone (except Tony) setting up the GasBoard. All fans (not just Trust members) could have expressed their opinions via the Trust during last season and these views taken into account when plans for seating were being worked on.

It's not even about getting Fans' views. Simple common sense would do. Season Tickets have been already been sold for families in Block 1. Or 'The Family Stand' as it was, until this afternoon, known. At one end of the demport, it was the ideal place for the family stand, and I for one was looking forward to taking my boy for his first season at Argyle.

But now the Argyle Brains Trust has decreed that Families should be between the Home and Away supporters. Anyone remember what happened when we played Exeter in the JPT? Yep, there was a riot just about in the exact spot where the new family area is to be situated. Sorry, but nowhere on the description of the Family Plus membership did it say '10% off at Saltrock, oh and you'll be used as a human shield when we play Exeter.'

In the myopic drive to be introducing initiatives that are new and unique in British football (that was the phrase, wasn't it?) it seems that common sense, intelligence, thought and consideration have flown straight out of the window.

Whoever decided upon this initiative is a fecking idiot.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:17 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Dingle wrote:
This is an example where getting fans' views before making decisions is called for. James Brent should have worked with the Fans Trust immediately on taking over instead of wasting months and boring the pants off everyone (except Tony) setting up the GasBoard. All fans (not just Trust members) could have expressed their opinions via the Trust during last season and these views taken into account when plans for seating were being worked on.

It's not even about getting Fans' views. Simple common sense would do. Season Tickets have been already been sold for families in Block 1. Or 'The Family Stand' as it was, until this afternoon, known. At one end of the demport, it was the ideal place for the family stand, and I for one was looking forward to taking my boy for his first season at Argyle.

But now the Argyle Brains Trust has decreed that Families should be between the Home and Away supporters. Anyone remember what happened when we played Exeter in the JPT? Yep, there was a riot just about in the exact spot where the new family area is to be situated. Sorry, but nowhere on the description of the Family Plus membership did it say '10% off at Saltrock, oh and you'll be used as a human shield when we play Exeter.'

In the myopic drive to be introducing initiatives that are new and unique in British football (that was the phrase, wasn't it?) it seems that common sense, intelligence, thought and consideration have flown straight out of the window.

Whoever decided upon this initiative is a fecking idiot.

Argyle's human shield?

Unbelievable thinking!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:21 pm

Shame isn't it. When I t'were a nipper I was plonked at the bottom of the sleepers with what ever other waif and strays were there whilst my dad went somewhere towards the back by the old lighting pylon.

Might have seen him at half time for a mint imperial or two from the quarter of in the paper bag in his coat pocket and then at the end of the game.

Now I know nostalgia isn't what it use to be but it all seemed so much simpler. And to this day I've felt the need to have mine or my kids face painted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:27 pm

Dougie wrote:
Shame isn't it. When I t'were a nipper I was plonked at the bottom of the sleepers with what ever other waif and strays were there whilst my dad went somewhere towards the back by the old lighting pylon.

Might have seen him at half time for a mint imperial or two from the quarter of in the paper bag in his coat pocket and then at the end of the game.

Now I know nostalgia isn't what it use to be but it all seemed so much simpler. And to this day I've felt the need to have mine or my kids face painted.

Dougie, from my point of view it's not about face painting, Pin the Tail on the Wotton, or any of the other pre-match stuff (we'll be lunching in the Cherry Tree, anyway), it's about having somewhere to watch the game where me and my boy can enjoy it, together, in relative safety. Plus the fact that we've already bought our ST's in Block one on the understanding that this is where the Family Stand has been for a number of seasons. If the club was going to do this it should have been announced before ST's went on sale so that parents could make an informed choice. It's poorly thought out nonsense that's been sketched out on the back of a fag packet so Brent and his puppets can crow about another 'unique' initiative.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:31 pm

Andy - I agree and I think the whole thing is bonkers
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:41 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Dougie, from my point of view it's not about face painting, Pin the Tail on the Wotton, or any of the other pre-match stuff (we'll be lunching in the Cherry Tree, anyway), it's about having somewhere to watch the game where me and my boy can enjoy it, together, in relative safety. Plus the fact that we've already bought our ST's in Block one on the understanding that this is where the Family Stand has been for a number of seasons. If the club was going to do this it should have been announced before ST's went on sale so that parents could make an informed choice. It's poorly thought out nonsense that's been sketched out on the back of a fag packet so Brent and his puppets can crow about another 'unique' initiative.

It is a very poor idea and it does'nt affect me as such.

Andy, maybe you should also pm mr prez and spell out to him your objections to be passed on to JB. Ask him how he would feel having his children in between away fans and Argyle fans.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:51 pm

PM The Supreme Leader?

Nah, he won't want to deal with anything vaguely critical. Everything's rosy in his world. He doesn't have to worry about his son's safety, not with that shiny AAA pass hanging ostentatiously round his neck - I've never seen it getting a bit tasty in the Director's Box, not even when Dan Mac was in charge. Besides which, my guess is that families are being turfed out of Block 1 so that his beloved Salsa Verde can take over even more of the Demport.

Long standing Demport Season ticket holders; Family members in Block one; place your bets on the next group of supporters that Salsa Verde are going to piss off.

Edited to add: I'll speak to the organ grinder, not the monkey.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:59 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
PM The Supreme Leader?

Nah, he won't want to deal with anything vaguely critical. Everything's rosy in his world. He doesn't have to worry about his son's safety, not with that shiny AAA pass hanging ostentatiously round his neck - I've never seen it getting a bit tasty in the Director's Box, not even when Dan Mac was in charge. Besides which, my guess is that families are being turfed out of Block 1 so that his beloved Salsa Verde can take over even more of the Demport.

Long standing Demport Season ticket holders; Family members in Block one; place your bets on the next group of supporters that Salsa Verde are going to piss off.

Edited to add: I'll speak to the organ grinder, not the monkey.

lol!

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Well I for one think I'll have a great day out there with my son* when Exeter come to town.

*I don't have a son, but I do have a middle finger.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:55 pm

[quote="Dougie"]Doesn't say much for those who have Brents ear. He's either not hearing or they are not saying.[/quote

They couldn't give a flying feck . The presidents in with all the kids and flags and Newells in the directors box. What do they care?

If home park wasn't already soulless enough, now the away fans will be hurling their abuse towards granddaddy and the toddlers and straining to hear the home fans whoa ooh fuckin dirge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 12:00 am

Dougie wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Seriously, the club have simply got to be shitting us. What retard came up with this?

I am sure there are a few candidates.

Probably the same person who thought it was a good idea to put Darren 'less than one season at Argyle and would have been off up the A38 before you could Conference football if we had been relegated' Purse on a mural Home Park

Oh come on. Purseys an Argyle legend. Kept us out of the conference single handedly. Bleeds green. Supported us all of his contract, sorry life.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:19 am

I was just one of the many working class who was disappointed to see the closing of the Mayflower Terrace, at least there was some sort of reasoning albeit Stapleton's lies/spin. Having to sit was the next best thing before being shunted off to the Zoo. Now I've lost that too.

I'll forever support my home city club, just not at Home Park, I'm obviously not wanted. Some players have felt the same way in recent times too. It's sad, it really is.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:55 am

Clearly brent and his superfan advisers in their heads think this is the best idea since Argyle began but given that in reality it's such a shit idea hopefully no-one will ever use this 'family zone'.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:28 am

Also reading the blurb on the OS (yes I can read it, all be it very slowly and yes it is shit) they are talking about having away families in there as well!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:36 am

Chris told me a while back, when he used to answer my questions and want to speak to me, that there was a creche type thing in the pipeline, which I thought wasn't a bad idea really. Dad can watch the game while the kids who aren't interested could play under supervision until Mum or Dad pick them up at the end of the game.

Having it where it is defies belief though. Home advantage for us is now a thing of the past, with a dozen or so youngsters in Block 3 cheerleading some nice friendly songs, while the away fans piss themselves at the famed Argyle support's high pitched out of tune, out of time drivel that they can't hear.

I would love it if a group of older fans started congregating in the Lyndhurst and started drowning out the FV every game with good old fashioned football songs. It wouldn't last long until they would be banned though for spoiling the "matchday experience".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:41 am

Online opinion certainly seems against the move. One can always make a good case for virtually anything, but where does it fit in with the odd local derby and big away following ? Answer: it doesn't... ah, but we'll do it anyway.

It reminds me of the ludicrous 'premium seating thing dreamed up by Toddy that everyone and their dog knew was an idea bound to fail, long before he unhooked his dining ropes and rretreated. I'm surprised he didn't have a capped doorman and a couple of potted bay trees to demark the zones.

This is naked evangelism. Everything defers to supposedly bettering the match day experience a la Toddy, except this time around, all is shaped to fit around the Harry Youth.
What is the point of having any fan involvment if it does not represent ground swell opinion.

I'm embarrassed to look at what 'firsts in football' are going to be rolled out next. They've already tried handing out the hymn books last season to much mirth from us traditionalists, and I wonder if Harry has seen some archive footage of jolly working class handkerchief waving ... or maybe a short service before each game to thank our Saviour for our deliverance. Maybe some mass charitable finger pointing at the obese amongst us in the crowd .... to show just how serriously the Club takes it's community health responsibility.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:07 am

Penz wrote:

It reminds me of the ludicrous 'premium seating thing dreamed up by Toddy that everyone and their dog knew was an idea bound to fail, long before he unhooked his dining ropes and rretreated. I'm surprised he didn't have a capped doorman and a couple of potted bay trees to demark the zones.

Made me laugh... Reminded me of that scene in "Extras" with David Bowie.

I tell you what though.... I would pay extra for a seat with decent leg room. The Lyndy before it was redeveloped was how it should be. I'm 6' 4'' ( and not fat.. Well not that fat) and the leg room in the Lyndhurst now is just not sufficiant. And the Grandstand.... I have to buy two seats and sit sideways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:18 am

Rickler wrote:
Penz wrote:

Made me laugh... Reminded me of that scene in "Extras" with David Bowie.

I tell you what though.... I would pay extra for a seat with decent leg room. The Lyndy before it was redeveloped was how it should be. I'm 6' 4'' ( and not fat.. Well not that fat) and the leg room in the Lyndhurst now is just not sufficiant. And the Grandstand.... I have to buy two seats and sit sideways.

All you have to do is renounce ATD and apologise for being the victim of Newell's games over the last few years and you could have a comfy seat in the Directors Box with Newell, Webb and Jameson.

Help them with my home address and your face could be added to the big flag.

Go on Rickler you know you want to lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:20 am

shonbo wrote:
Dingle wrote:

SPOT ON. But he's listening to the trusted one or two, where's PJ?

Peter Jones.... WTF ? ! The Sound of Silence.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:26 am

Putting the family area in these blocks is the most stupid idea the club have come up with so far. Iwas optomistic about Brent, but am starting to have doubt. Fan engagement seems way down the list of prioirties.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Rather than fortress argyle we're turning into bouncey castle argyle.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:07 pm

I'm sure El Prez will be along any minute now to answer everybodys and nobodys concern until then

Quote :
I have been thinking about this one for the last couple of days since I saw it was part of the Clubs summer communications.

Firstly perhaps to answer some of the points / questions on this thread would be useful for posters.

GTTB I would imagine arrangements for the Exeter game will be different because that is one of the few games (I would imagine) where we will sell the whole ground out and I am sure the police will have an input into the seating plan. So – It’s something that can easily be overcome.

Gary Wills – The local constabulary have been consulted on this move because the Club wanted to ensure that it did not impact on the lower policing costs as a result of closing 15-19. The fact that this proposal is going ahead demonstrates that the police are comfortable with the plans.

Pafcintheplace – the opening of this block has nothing to do with the death of zoo corner. The decision to close those blocks was made to save on policing costs. The only way we’ll get those blocks open is if we sell the rest of the ground out then force it to be opened.

Grumpy Loyal – this has absolutely nothing to do with FV1886. The group haven’t been involved in any talks on the family area and this is a Club led initiative.

p1lgr1m – it would not have been better in blocks 7/8. The idea is to seat home and away fans together. It would have been a logistical nightmare to have away fans in two opposite sides of the ground. The sighting also allows for other initiatives which I will cover off in a bit..

argylelegend – yes the priority should be getting more people through the gate. That is why the Club is targeting families. Currently they sit in block one with a few initiatives going on but in reality it’s a worn out set up. The new blocks will have activities, games, learning zones and a host of ideas to actually attract new supporters to Home Park.

Hairy J – Since the closure of blocks 15/16 most of the more vocifourous fans have already moved. Those who are left are small in number and will be two blocks away from the new family end. Hardly intimidating in reality.

John Clark – The Club makes plans for the whole season not just for when we play Exeter. All that is needed for that game is common sense and advice from the police. Just because its an issue for one game means we should throw the idea away?

Bubba – How will it further sterilise the atmosphere? Look back at last season and forward to this season. We have one full away end – Torquay and we were outsung from start to finish. It was actually one of the things that really pushed me to get FV off the ground. That was with the fans close enough to ‘banter’. This season we’ll have Torquay and Exeter (where there will no doubt be as I have pointed out another solution to the family end placing). Other than that there will be one man and a dog in the away end all season. This atmosphere killer is a complete red herring.

Overall, of course there are group of supporters that loved the Lyndhurst / Barn Park Corner. I was one and had a season ticket there for years. I however recognise that whilst we are getting 7,000 crowds it would be madness to turn down the chance to save a huge amount of money off the police bill.

The challenge for us if we want those blocks back is to fill them, the challenge for the Club is to put a winning team on the pitch to make us want to fill the stands.

Come on guys, when was the last time things were ‘ripe’ in that section? The Club will take steps to deal with the Exeter game, Torquay is friendly banter and the rest don’t bring enough to constitute being labelled as a following.

There are a couple of other points too – other Clubs have put their family end right next to the away end. My understanding is that Palace took that step recently and last season 6,000 Leeds and 8,000 Saints fans sat right next to the Palace families – and not a hint of trouble.

I would actually reverse the view of most on here. In my experience if you have two sections of young, predominantly male lads next to each other then that’s when ‘banter’ occurs. I have personally witnessed people measuring their behaviours when around women and children so it may have a positive impact there (if it was even relevant because as I have pointed out most Clubs don’t bring enough fans to banter with).

You will also note that the family end as well as being completely redone underneath the stand (if anyone would like a look closer to the season let me/the Club know and we’ll get you shown around) it will be the first ever end to host both home and away fans. The Ground will still have its away end, it will still have its grandstand, it will still have its Lyndhurst, it will still have its Devonport and if we sell enough tickets it will have its zoo corner back. This is an initiative not just aimed at current fans. It is one looking to attract families to Home Park.

I know its not everyone’s cup of tea but I wouldn’t mind betting that the Argyle family end wins awards this time next year.

Its different, it’s innovative and it’s showing that Argyle are thinking outside the box.

Let’s just give it a chance. This actually negatively affects NOBODY. Zoo corner wasn’t going to open anyway, apart from Exeter there will be no issues and the Club will deal with that, family tickets are available across the ground so nobody is forced there and maybe, just maybe it will attract more supporters to Home Park.

Chris

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:52 pm

I see sooty and sweep are trying to work their influence. Pasoti has a poll with 45% thinking its a good idea and the remainder think its bad- strange figures given that 95% of those who have posted on the thread think its a terrible idea. Those who think its good must be the quiet ones, or the poll has been rigged.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:57 pm

What a bag of bollocks....face painting, jester hats, wall art, etc, where's my sickbucket!!?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Family Zone For All   Family Zone For All - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Family Zone For All
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next