Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We have the budget,we can rebuild it......

Go down 
+4
happyvictor
mouldyoldgoat
Grovehill
Greenskin
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:44 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Tring, the other thing is the site has nothing to do with me if you are thinking I helped to set it up. My computer skills are expertly honed by watching and/ or asking the kids, who are 10 and 8. I was invited to join and I see it as an addition to the Argyle forums and not as a rival to ATD or a mini pasoti. The fact that pasoti mods have joined, as I have said before, doesn't bother me and I think it may have been a bit of

a) to wind people up on here which it has done along with the pasoti link to the site.
b) to continue the spat between yourself and Cerbs which it is working.
c) To try to divide regular ATD posters into pro Tring and Rickler/ anti Cerbs and GOB or pro Cerbs and GOB/ anti Tring and Rickler camps.
d) the opportunity to have a go at certain people on here without it being on pasoti
e) maybe a chance to voice an opinion about something without it being taken as the 'party line' on pasoti which some posters on here would express as being the case.

This whole spat over the election was unfortunate and as far as I am concerned none of the people concerned came out of it very well. I think the mods / keyholders made mistakes and those mistakes were made with the best intentions, ie to try and calm things down.
Frank spoke of ATDers sending private messages to mods/ admin/ keyholders suggesting ways to sort out and stop what was going on, I was one of them because I was concerned at what was happening and I did not the site shutting down as it did once before over a disagreement between posters. That led to 2 people leaving for a while. Both are back now, but one doesn't post as much these days, which is a shame because I have always felt his posts were very good. I didn't always agree with him but they were always an interesting point of view.

There are a number of members on Argyletalk.net from pasoti,who in my opinion, are there to cause trouble / wind up people on here.

Lord Aviva is someone from ATD who is on there to wind up/ cause trouble to Cerbera. That person is quite obviously someone in the anti Cerbs camp. All I can say is how very 'pasoti' of you! Posters on ATD quite rightly complain of people joining the site to cause this sort of mischief and you, whoever you may be, is doing the same. That strikes me as shameful double standards.

The last paragraph is not aimed at you Tring but is just a comment to ATD as a whole. Let Cerbs and his site evolve in its own way as this site has done.

I feel it’s a shame Cerbs has deleted his account and I hope he will come back sometime, but I think some people will make that difficult.

And after typing out all that I need to rest my forefingers! Sad

It's not as contrived as that Mouldybloke.
Certain people couldn't cope with not being in control so they went off and made their own forum, using the same name as this one.......... they clearly thought they should still be running ATD and could do it better.
As for our admin/keyholder response, it was decisive, measured and necessary.

ps If you can entice a few 'normal' punters into signing up for Maison de L'amour, you could be rewarded. It's how it works in the seedy underworld.
Back to top Go down

We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We have the budget,we can rebuild it......   We have the budget,we can rebuild it...... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 2:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

at least we aren't the worst off, Morecambe could be destined for relegation
Back to top Go down

We have the budget,we can rebuild it......
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2