9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 1:15 pm

Greenjock wrote:
So where does all the shady business take place? Is there a top table which is invite only or something?

inn the car park of course, face to face looking What a Face in the eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 1:30 pm

The Fanfest seem popular on here, it's aviva via the backdoor lol!
Back to top Go down

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 1:42 pm

I like them. There good fun
Back to top Go down

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 1:48 pm

Just don't tell the Pasoti mafia you went to the Brit instead of the fanfest, 'tis seen as treason for giving money to Wetherspoons than paying more of Brent's debt off for him lol!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 2:04 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
I once checked out the fan-fest..... after being told there were no tickets left i managed a quick glance inside, it was like a mixture of Avivas, Oap,s, and young kids like Cobi..."not my cup of tea at all and thank god there was no tickets"just a few thoughts that went through my mind as i scuttled back to the Blockhouse.

Just as I'd imagined really. Not that I have anything against OAP's. I'm actually hoping to become one myself, one day.
Back to top Go down

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 3:02 pm

Agree with Punchie, I went to the first one. Its a mixture of spotty teenagers in replica shirts and fat old men in replica shirts. I might be a fat old man but I wouldnt be seen dead in replica shirt or at a fans fest.

If you are between the age of 18-35 you'll stick out like a sore thumb.

The PASOTI celebrities or 'REAL fans' as they are also known hang around the entrance.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 3:30 pm

I wish people would stop going on and on about Avivas and Pasoti lol!
Back to top Go down

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Tringreen wrote:

lol!

Trust in Stapes Brent and enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 3:47 pm

Tringreen wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:38 pm

If it's not being too boring to ask, why exactly take the piss out of something if you don't go or fit into an age group? What is wrong with a group of spotty teenagers and fat old blokes in replica shirts seemingly enjoying something. Does it say more about you for knocking it or more about them for going? And, no I've never been although I do own a replica shirt but am not fat. I qualify only in one out of the three.
Back to top Go down

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:56 pm

I've been to quite a few fansfests. I'm also fat, but I don't own a replica shirt (and having seen the new kit on display in the Club Shop today, that's a state of affairs that won't be changing any time soon) and to be honest, I quite enjoyed them; there's nothing wrong with getting together before the game, having a bit of a laugh and a few beers.

I don't see how anyone can criticise Gary and Mark, the GT's two main men, who've done a huge amount for the club without any thought of personal advancement, and whom I like a lot; the amount of work they put into organising the fan fests is impressive, and the fact that so many attend is testament to their success - i don't know of any other club that puts on a similar pre-match party for fans.

As it is, these days I prefer the company of the assorted ATDers who form the Cherry Tree Cabal. Somehow, we manage to have a bit of a laugh, despite the absence of Rick O'Shay and Dave Banana.

Back to top Go down

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:07 pm

Are the Cherry Tree Cabalites all in the 20 to 55 bracket without spots, replica shirts, slim and dressed in suits?
Back to top Go down

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:28 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Are the Cherry Tree Cabalites all in the 20 to 55 bracket without spots, replica shirts, slim and dressed in suits?

Yes, Yes, No, No and No.
Back to top Go down

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:30 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Apparently they're like the bastard child of hollyoaks and Miami vice. I can't wait to go this season to lower the tone.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:32 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

How on earth did you work that out SG

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Me, Andy and Knecht last season
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Actually you'd fit right in Sensible

Back to top Go down

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:35 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

You'll get ulcers on your tounge.
Back to top Go down

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:15 pm

I go . My 2 sons go and I've taken loads of friends from other clubs and everyone enjoys themselves . All different age groups are represented .

Other Clubs throughout the league have been very impressed and would love to copy it .

Can't see why its criticised as such but there you go we are all entitled to our opinions .

Anyone on here who would like to go - I'll get you a ticket and the beers in .
Back to top Go down

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:15 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Naturally, you left me out.

Back to top Go down

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:29 pm

I think they would be more at home in your outfit Peggy. Is that a wedgie you have there Charlie?
Back to top Go down

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:53 pm

greengenes wrote:
I go . My 2 sons go and I've taken loads of friends from other clubs and everyone enjoys themselves . All different age groups are represented .

Other Clubs throughout the league have been very impressed and would love to copy it .

Can't see why its criticised as such but there you go we are all entitled to our opinions .

I wasn't criticising them. I think it's a great idea, if not really my scene, I was referring to the fact that it seems to be where Mr Newell holds court and plans dastardly deeds.
Back to top Go down

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Greenjock wrote:
greengenes wrote:

I wasn't criticising them. I think it's a great idea, if not really my scene, I was referring to the fact that it seems to be where Mr Newell holds court and plans dastardly deeds.

I just see loads of people enjoying themselves Jock . To be honest Jock it would be the last place to do anything other than enjoy a pint or 2 and a pasty .
Last season I met 3 German lads walking towards Home Park . I asked them if they'd like to have a drink and meet a few fans and took them down the Fans Fest . They were given free tickets and a great welcome so I would like to think our club made a good impression . They had come over from Germany to support Argyle as their team also played in green .Random but welcome .
Back to top Go down

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:24 pm

You know what I'm being harsh, it's just too difficult not to associate them with the DT skulduggery and the REAL fans movement. I'd probably enjoy it if I went
Back to top Go down

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:26 pm

greengenes wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
greengenes wrote:

I just see loads of people enjoying themselves Jock . To be honest Jock it would be the last place to do anything other than enjoy a pint or 2 and a pasty .
Last season I met 3 German lads walking towards Home Park . I asked them if they'd like to have a drink and meet a few fans and took them down the Fans Fest . They were given free tickets and a great welcome so I would like to think our club made a good impression . They had come over from Germany to support Argyle as their team also played in green .Random but welcome .

GG I totally understand that the majority of fans are there to have a few beers, a pasty and a giggle with fellow fans before the game, and it's something to be proud of.

I hope when the grandstand is finished that they continue even bigger as gates rise, hopefully when we climb.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 7:29 pm

I don't really see anyone criticising the Green Taverners.

There's also a big difference between a bit of jovial piss-taking banter - with people (in a jovial piss-taking type of way) saying why the fanfests aren't really for them - and 'criticising the fanfest', per se.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fanfests - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfests   Fanfests - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fanfests
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next