Freathy
seadog
Tgwu
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote Empty
PostSubject: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:11 pm

Rangers will not play in the Scottish Premier League this season.

SPL chairmen met at Hampden to vote on the club's application to replace the old Rangers in the top flight.

A league spokesman said: "Clubs voted overwhelmingly to reject the application from Rangers newco to join the SPL."

The reformed Ibrox club are now expected to play in the Scottish Football League but it is not clear which division they will enter.

Full Story

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:12 pm

Bloody hell, I never expected that!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:19 pm

just heard it on Radio Jockland, you can hear the rumbling from here!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:15 pm

What's the odds for Celtic winning the title next season?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:48 pm

I still think there's a good chance Rangers will be playing in the SPL next season. The other SPL clubs clearly voted the 'wrong way' as far as Sky and the SPL are concerned and I wouldn't be surprised if there is another vote soon. But if not the very worst that will happen is Rangers will play in the Scottish League Div 1 for a season and then normal service will be resumed in 13/14 season.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Up until today I would have agreed, but the SPL teams have enjoyed the chance to give one of the big two a kicking and enhance their European chances. Why would any Lg 1 or 2 team allow Rangers in and limit their chances to get to the "big" time. Lg 3 will be quite happy for one bumper payday a season at Ibrox.

Nothings cut and dried.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:17 pm

Well, there seems to be a bit of "we don't want them either" from league one Freathy. You are still clinging on to the SPL theory but I don't see how, considering they have already voted, they can change their mind now without looking obviously stupid. Given what has happened to much smaller clubs around this has to be the right decision. The SPL will be even more crap now sadly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:47 pm

Saltash green couldn't give a poop about Scottish football.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:55 pm

Now get rid of Celtic and suddenly there maybe a hint of excitement in the SPL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:00 pm

saltash green thinks Rangers are coming to the East Cornwall Premier league.

Tideford v Glasgow Rangers

Great voting so far, but one never knows what the end game is with these above the normal law of folk negotiators and money men.. we're talking big money that could buy out my cat's access rights to the dark Enid Blyton woods at the bottom of my garden.

Last edited by Penz on Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:04 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Rangers will not play in the Scottish Premier League this season.

SPL chairmen met at Hampden to vote on the club's application to replace the old Rangers in the top flight.

A league spokesman said: "Clubs voted overwhelmingly to reject the application from Rangers newco to join the SPL."

The reformed Ibrox club are now expected to play in the Scottish Football League but it is not clear which division they will enter.

Full Story

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Brilliant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:56 pm

Rangers squad has been stripped bare and even if they start off in Div 1 next season, it will be years before they match Celtic again.

Of course entry into Div 1 isn't certain yet, and like one SFL chairman said yesterday, why the hell should the other SFL clubs bow down to Rangers, who were the guilty ones in the whole sorry mess.

There are more problems with security issues etc. if they are made to join in Div 3, but a lot of people on here didn't think the SPL clubs would vote against Rangers. Time is running out too, the league starts again soon.

Still some headlines to be written on this saga.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:09 pm

Not trying to be disrespectful Jock but the SPL had pretty much no competition before so now they may as well give Celtic the cup and everything else for the next few years at least. Whilst I think it is the right decision there are bound to be repercusions because, as there is no competition at all now the boredom factor is likely to set in and maybe people will stay away from matches due to that. This will put Scottish football back even further than it was already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:37 pm

I went to Ibrox earlier this year in Febuary whilst visiting a mate for the weekend, awesome day out even if the result was predictable (they thrashed Hibs 4-0) the day was one to remember with the atmosphere, pre match in the pubs/ social clubs around the ground..again tops, made to feel truly welcome even though most knew i supported someone else.
Would be sad to see them drop so low and i can imagine the financial implications on the Scottish game would be huge, i for one would like to see the old firm in England, if fecking Cardiff and Swansea can ..then why not??
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:47 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
I went to Ibrox earlier this year in Febuary whilst visiting a mate for the weekend, awesome day out even if the result was predictable (they thrashed Hibs 4-0) the day was one to remember with the atmosphere, pre match in the pubs/ social clubs around the ground..again tops, made to feel truly welcome even though most knew i supported someone else.
Would be sad to see them drop so low and i can imagine the financial implications on the Scottish game would be huge, i for one would like to see the old firm in England, if fecking Cardiff and Swansea can ..then why not??

It wouldn't stop there though. Hibs, Hearts, the Dundee's, Aberdeen maybe. They'd probably all fancy playing down south too.

The only way I'd welcome Celtic and Rangers in the English leagues, is if it was a straight swap with Swansea and Cardiff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:50 pm

How about a British Premier and "second division" league with lower leagues on a regional basis?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:51 pm

With Rangers being expelled from the SPL all sorts of repercussions follow. Who will replace them? Will there be a non-relegation or an extra promotion? If there is an extra promotion who replaces that team in DIv 1 and so on. The other SPL teams miss out on the revenue generated when Rangers visit and sell their stadium out twice yearly for starters. On top of that many season tickets for the poxy no hopers are bought by Rangers fans desperate to see their team play. Then there is the small print for the current SPL TV deal. Does the absence of Rangers jeopardise the income from that? God knows if Rotherham can outbid Aberdeen for Arnason then money must be beyond tight in Scottish football. Does Rangers expulsion from the SPL count as a relegation? If it does then it is Div 1 for them. Does the fact that the old Rangers FC has been wound up and that Rangers is now a newco mean they have to apply to the SFL like any other newly formed club would? If they do that then they have to enter at Div 3 level as long as they meet the entry criteria. Interestingly this will be the easy bit as long as they keep Ibrox but might pose a unique problem nobody ever imagined. They might be vetoed on health n safety grounds because of the impact that there travelling support would have on ramshackle grounds in Dumfries and Stranraer or wherever but their opponents could elect to play their games at Ibrox or somewhere nearby that will cope. Back to TV money and if Rangers go into Div 3 then it suddenly becomes a very desirable target for a rival broadcaster interested in muscling in on televising British football such as ESPN or BT. It's all interesting stuff and it all needs to be sorted out soon.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:00 pm

knecht wrote:
How about a British Premier and "second division" league with lower leagues on a regional basis?

Sounds good to me. The premier and second division can be situated in the North East and South West, and the rest, especially the South east, can go negotiate their own tin pot leagues, miserable pay and conditions. We can't go on supporting these multi billionaires.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:46 pm

SFD, Arnason fecked himself over at Aberdeen by demanding a new improved contract because he thought he was someone special. He wouldn't sign their contract offer because he thought he could hold them to ransom.

Craig Brown signed a replacement and no offers came in for Arnason so he went back to Craig Brown who offered half of what Aberdeen had originally offered.

Rotherham have picked up a decent player, for high wages in this league, but not a fortune. Arnason panicked and could probably have got higher wages somewhere else.

Everton might have got a bonus getting Naismith for nothing, best player by far in Scotland if his injury has healed fully and not had any effect on him, but the rest of the best players would be championship at best.
Even Fallon plays quite regularly and scores occasionally.

Still it's a crap league, with crap players and I can't see anything but trouble coming out of this farce. I can't see English clubs wanting a British league, the top clubs want a European league with no relegation or need to qualify, and Celtic wouldn't add anything to that other than a decent crowd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:53 pm

Saltash green thinks that the whole if the Scottish league should just not bother, saltash green hopes that these idiots rangers don't try and join the English league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:12 pm

SFL clubs vote for Rangers to join in Div 3. Let the fun and games begin.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:04 pm

Both club votes (SPL, SFL) have gone against Rangers by a sizeable majority. 25/30 from the SFL have voted to put Rangers in the bottom tier. The majority of fans seem happy with the decision, and it makes sense in terms of the integrity of the competition. In any ordinary sport that should be that. However it seems likely that the SFA will try and get around it, and put Rangers in the second tier.

Will be interesting to see whether money or integrity will win out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:11 pm

I don't believe this will be the end of it. There's talk of the SPL forming an SPL2 and inviting Rangers and other selected clubs to join. Anyway I really don't think Rangers will be playing in SFL3 next season.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:48 pm

i went to scottland once and looked up a ladys skirt,she had a cock?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:30 pm

tcm wrote:
i went to scottland once and looked up a ladys skirt,she had a cock?

Probably my mum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote   Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote Empty

Back to top Go down

Rangers newco refused SPL entry after chairmen vote
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next