Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated)

Go down 
+2
pepsipete
moggles
6 posters
AuthorMessage
moggles

romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated) Empty
PostSubject: romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated)   romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated) EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:49 am

I wholeheartedly support the Trust and its motives!!I chose to post on here tho because IMO there is less chance of some turkey who likes to vote for the festive season coming on and saying "all is good where is my stuffing"as does happen with monotonous regularity on PASOTOI by admittedly a few but they are enough!!. You know esmer,mariner and others.......
My point is that is it now that the Trust: to aid and not hinder their fine work and to maintain momentum and to"cash in" on goodwill to say OUTRIGHT that they oppose planA? and that plan B is the new plan A the strapline ITS OUR CLUB AND WE ARE HERE TO CLAIM IT BACK! is fantastic(theres a pun there somewhere)so attack plan A until it begs for surrender as if plan A ever comes into fruition it is IMO just a sticking plaster over a cut arterey I am not normally a militant man;then again maybe something that matters so much in my life have I been so powerless over!! pale

KEEPING IT GREEN
NO TO HEANEY bounce
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated)   romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated) EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:56 am

Fine sentiments with which I wholeheartedly agree cheers
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated)   romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated) EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:59 am

moggles wrote:
I wholeheartedly support the Trust and its motives!!I chose to post on here tho because IMO there is less chance of some turkey who likes to vote for the festive season coming on and saying "all is good where is my stuffing"as does happen with monotonous regularity on PASOTOI by admittedly a few but they are enough!!. You know esmer,mariner and others.......
My point is that is it now that the Trust: to aid and not hinder their fine work and to maintain momentum and to"cash in" on goodwill to say OUTRIGHT that they oppose planA? and that plan B is the new plan A the strapline ITS OUR CLUB AND WE ARE HERE TO CLAIM IT BACK! is fantastic(theres a pun there somewhere)so attack plan A until it begs for surrender as if plan A ever comes into fruition it is IMO just a sticking plaster over a cut arterey I am not normally a militant man;then again maybe something that matters so much in my life have I been so powerless over!! pale

KEEPING IT GREEN
NO TO HEANEY bounce

The Exeter mob have been telling us this for months. Very few have listened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated)   romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated) EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:09 am

moggles wrote:

KEEPING IT GREEN
NO TO HEANEY bounce

amen budda!

I would like to see the Trust give Guilfoyle a set deadline that he must reach to place the club onto a solid foundation with the new owners as well as the cash in the bank account and, to provide a detailed explanation of the goings on at HP. If not the Trust should indicate that supporters will unofficially be encouraged not to attend matches at HP.

I may just sign up then!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated)   romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated) EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:46 am

Why oh why is it that our self appointed and often vindictive leaders, always take so long to see the light ?

Possible answer....... don't burn your bridges unless you're sure you won't need to rebuild them to curry favour with the' real gents' in suits.

Sadly for us all, timing is everything. We always seem to be two steps behind, despite the best efforts of a few visionaries.

The leap of faith comes with risks but as I said often enough over the club refusing to even 'go for it' with Holloway, seizing the moment is everything. And if it goes tits up, at least we would have tried.
Can it really get much worse than what we are faced with right now.

Better one day as a tiger, than 1,000 as a lamb.................... or should that be sheep !...or even pig ?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated)   romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated) EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:41 pm

GOB wrote:
I would like to see the Trust give Guilfoyle a set deadline that he must reach to place the club onto a solid foundation with the new owners as well as the cash in the bank account and, to provide a detailed explanation of the goings on at HP. If not the Trust should indicate that supporters will unofficially be encouraged not to attend matches at HP.

That's never going to happen. You mean not even POTD? How would the morally superior get their Argyle fix without travelling?

Much as some moan and bitch about what is happening and how they won't support the club under the circumstance, nearly everyone has a 'out' that allows them to watch Argyle, whether it's no season ticket, but POTD, (that's for the plymouth based fans) or only away matches (be interested to know how many exiles are up for that one?).

It's funny... But I swear that many of those urging boycotts etc, were the very same people who just a few seasons ago were telling everyone not to concern themselves with things at Boardroom level and to just turn up and support the team on the pitch! How times have changed...

And if by some miracle we actually won a few games at the start of the season.. They'll all find a reason to come back.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated)   romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated) EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:23 pm

A few victories will soon swell the numbers at Homeplex.

I am sure that just having the Riddler in charge must be a big warning sign to potential investors, sponsors and players. Who, with any decency that is, would want to be associated with him and his historical baggage?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated)   romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated) EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:59 pm

I personally feel the days of attendances increasing on the back of a few wins are long gone ... ever since pricing strategies up at HP have made the football here a sort of ghetto, where casual newbies/returnees rarely tread ... it would take a Mariner/Waiters sort of turnaround to make a difference.
I agree some of the mock boycott bunch on Pasoti are just swimming with the tide for a month or two.... that's just keeping their head down and de rigeur for their social barn dance up at the big top ... but those regular posters do not represent a big proportion of fans who have already decided to give it all a wide berth full stop... one only has to talk to people at the corner shop to know the real feelings. These folk are not even calling it a boycott, more like finding something more agreeable to do with their leisure time after the worst period in the club's history which is not going to get better anytime soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated)   romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated) EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:30 pm

Rickler wrote:
GOB wrote:

That's never going to happen. You mean not even POTD? How would the morally superior get their Argyle fix without travelling?

Much as some moan and bitch about what is happening and how they won't support the club under the circumstance, nearly everyone has a 'out' that allows them to watch Argyle, whether it's no season ticket, but POTD, (that's for the plymouth based fans) or only away matches (be interested to know how many exiles are up for that one?).

It's funny... But I swear that many of those urging boycotts etc, were the very same people who just a few seasons ago were telling everyone not to concern themselves with things at Boardroom level and to just turn up and support the team on the pitch! How times have changed...

And if by some miracle we actually won a few games at the start of the season.. They'll all find a reason to come back.

Of course it'll never happen Ricks. To do that we need a united fan base using a united website with all uniting behind a united Trust, we don't have a single one of those options because of tossers with personal issues on a crusade of vindictiveness.

Football's full of moaners these days, but the real wankers are the ones that moan about the moaners, I never really got mu head around that one. The fans that support clubs these days are different, nobody seems to give a toss as long as their personal motives are fulfilled. I remember when Wolves fans protested back in the late 70s, early 80s and their gates went from 25.000 to 4,000 overnight, but I would bet a months salary that wouldn't happen today.

Does anyone really give a fock? To be frank, I'm rapidly getting to the point where I don't.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated)   romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated) EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 6:35 am

penzancepirate wrote:
I personally feel the days of attendances increasing on the back of a few wins are long gone ... ever since pricing strategies up at HP have made the football here a sort of ghetto, where casual newbies/returnees rarely tread ... it would take a Mariner/Waiters sort of turnaround to make a difference.
I agree some of the mock boycott bunch on Pasoti are just swimming with the tide for a month or two.... that's just keeping their head down and de rigeur for their social barn dance up at the big top ... but those regular posters do not represent a big proportion of fans who have already decided to give it all a wide berth full stop... one only has to talk to people at the corner shop to know the real feelings. These folk are not even calling it a boycott, more like finding something more agreeable to do with their leisure time after the worst period in the club's history which is not going to get better anytime soon.

Totally correct again PP. No wonder you were 'cock of the millenium' ! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated)   romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated) EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 7:54 am

I started going less and less after the Holloway debacle. I was a ST holder under Williamson, Pulis and Ollie but gave that up when Ollie left. Last season I only made 4 or 5 home matches and that's only because I forced myself when asked to go by friends. I like to talk about Argyle on here but as for going at all next season - very doubtful. Partly because of all the shit over the past 4 years, partly because it's just no longer a pleasant experience watching a terrible team get outclassed week in week out, but mainly because there is no hope of the situation on the pitch improving in the longer term when the next bunch of shysters take over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated)   romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated) EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:42 am

Tringreen wrote:

Totally correct again PP. No wonder you were 'cock of the millenium' ! jocolor
Talking about the Millenium and moaning, I remember on Millenium armageddon night the BBC cameras were live from Manchester. The Manchester Council had this idea to have a 25 feet high Milenium bug appear on the main stage. It came on, and the BBC interviewed this small boy at the front and asked him what he thought of the 'scary' milenium bug. The boy said " It was crap, I could see people working it".
Now that's what I call moaning, and people have the cheek to call us Westcountry folk moaners.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated)   romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated) Empty

Back to top Go down

romain has just been on skysport( its always repeated)
Page 1 of 1