JonB
Mock Cuncher
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:55 pm

Can't disagree with this signing,you need two competent keepers on the books and this chap seems to have decent pedigree and experience.Good luck to him.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:29 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
oddball wrote:
I would have thought the last thing we wanted was another keeper.We have Jake Cole who is more than competant at this level with Ollie as his understudy,who would step up to the plate should Jake get injured or loss of form.Rene will just be an other squad player and we are topped up with squad players already.I'm getting more and more under whelmed as the season approaches.

I'm not sure that Ollie is much of an understudy really - he didn't seem to impress on his sole appearance in the first team. We do need some genuine competition for Cole and some viable back up if Cole get's injured. So I think the signing of another GK with a decent number of league appearances under his belt is a good sign.

Lets hope this is the first of a number of signings. A forward, another winger, a creative midfielders and some defensive cover are needed.

Dear God, do you think the club are made of money:)

Well we have one of the "largest budgets in the league" (apparently). I wasn't suggesting buying players, just picking up some more frees. Remember that a lot of our existing squad are first/second year professionals or very young players who shouldn't be on too much of a wedge, it's not like we have 20 experienced pro's on the books.

I admit that I wasn't expecting a lot of the out-of-contract players to be re-signed, especially Feeney (who presumably is on a high wage) and that is going to restrict our ability to bring new players in. I do wonder if the re-signing of Williams is in anticipation of Bhas being sold on (who presumably is also on a high wage) although those rumours appear to have fizzled out now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:09 pm

I think the intention is to loan out some of the younger squad players- Vassell, Sims etc (hopefully to teams of a decent standard) which will reduce the squad size, but not necessarily the wage bill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:59 pm

We may have one of the largest budgets in the league but I can't see how it means anything if we abide by the wage cap without bending a few rules.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 4:03 pm

I heard this news just before I had my operation which put me in a good mood haha. Good signing, I was worried Chenoweth would be our back up, he's not up to it YET, some time on loan would do him good.

Heard nothing but positive comments from Watford and Yeovil, but negative from crawley.

good signing
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 7:40 pm

A first team squad of 24!! Anyone know how many Luggy had in his squad when we played our way out of the division with scintillating, one touch, football?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:13 pm

Grovehill wrote:
A first team squad of 24!! Anyone know how many Luggy had in his squad when we played our way out of the division with scintillating, one touch, football?
Funnily enough, 24. Smile Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:20 pm

Keepitgreen wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Funnily enough, 24. Smile Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
But we aint got the new striker in yet Bob so that would take us over.What are these guys all going to do on match days though.In Luggys first time here we had at least a reserve team to give the squad players some key match practice.Now they will be sitting in the stands.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:55 pm

No need for a new striker. Now that our place in the league is safe, we can concentrate on a new, fluid, passing game. Goals from players in all positions - just like Spain ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:01 pm

Including the goal-keeper?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:02 pm

Has Fletch ever stated what sort of figure he see's as about right for squad size?

Assuming none of the 24 already contracted are going anywhere, then if he doesn't say "28 or 29" (which is highly unlikely) then f uck me, we're in for a long old season. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:41 pm

24 would appear to be the limit.OK we had 36 in the ccc under sturrock,and a wage bill of £7 million,but James Brent has obviously got perameters in place,so this looks like it.I cant understand re signing Chenoweth if you aint going to play him.I mean whats the point.Mind you I say that about a lot of players in the current team.Another relegation season looks on the cards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2