Czarcasm
Chemical Ali
JonB
Mock Cuncher
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) Empty
PostSubject: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Its only another goal keeper, so no great excitement.

Great name though Rene:)
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:38 am

No shame in being second to Scott Loach at Watford, who is very good.

I wonder if Larrieu is a better judge of keeper than he was of the size of his area, or if this is Fletch/the scouting team's work.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:50 am

OK - we were weak in cover for that area.

Now for some proper signings ..... forward, mid-field, defender.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: New Keeper   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:53 am

Argyle sign Rene Gilmartin - released from Watford at the end of last season.

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:59 am

Cholwell will be after you, B.

He hates people stealing his thunder.

He's gonna be lurking in the depths of your shadow.

And when the time is right, he is going to stop lurking and go home to his family. This is usually around lunch-time
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:01 am

With sincere apologies, Mock.

I'll be off this bloody train & occupied elsewhere by then mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:02 am

JonB wrote:
Argyle sign Rene Gilmartin - released from Watford at the end of last season.

Jon

Come on Jon, do keep up as Mock says:)

Clearly the reference to a popular tv sit com of yesteryear went over you:)

Bliemy the Mods have only gone and merged 2 threads!

WOW

Training of the highest quality and respect for interferring with threads and posts:)
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:04 am

I've merged the threads (and titles). I did the merge the wrong way round so it looks like JonB originated the thread (on the main board) but it was Tony (sorry Tony Embarassed ).
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:06 am

Cholwell will be after you, Ali.

And when the time is right, he is going to stop lurking and go home to his family. This is usually around lunch-time.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:07 am

I wonder if he's seen as cover, or genuine competition for Cole. Question
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:08 am

Mock, I'm going to Falmouth (which is a bit far from NE Somerset) so I should hopefully be safe. I will be on the lookout for Tony's Mystery Machine though-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Chemical Ali on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:09 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
I've merged the threads (and titles). I did the merge the wrong way round so it looks like JonB originated the thread (on the main board) but it was Tony (sorry Tony Embarassed ).

Mike, I have a book and against your name is "1 pint owed" .Smile

A mystery machine?

I have a white van if that helps:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:11 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Cholwell will be after you, Ali.

And when the time is right, he is going to stop lurking and go home to his family. This is usually around lunch-time.

Leesten very carefully I sall say zis only, oh ok twice.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:12 am

Gladly Tony. Can I decide what the pint is though? drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:15 am

Chemical's off to Falmouth, where coincidentally the dog shagging incident took place at Pendennis Castle, nudge nudge wink wink Laughing He'll likely give some cock and bull story about mending a freezer or something.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:16 am

knecht wrote:

Good post knecht.

Level-headed, astute, sagacious, au courant, etc.

Knecht.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:17 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Gladly Tony. Can I decide what the pint is though? drunken

Only if the choice is Tribute of London Pride:) (or whatever the CT guest beer is)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:48 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
knecht wrote:

Good post knecht.

Level-headed, astute, sagacious, au courant, etc.

Knecht.

Creep.
But you are so right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 11:51 am

We probably did need another keeper, so first piece of good news in a while.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:01 pm

These boys can play a bit.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Webby's been talent spotting for Brent Sahib again.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:14 pm

I would have thought the last thing we wanted was another keeper.We have Jake Cole who is more than competant at this level with Ollie as his understudy,who would step up to the plate should Jake get injured or loss of form.Rene will just be an other squad player and we are topped up with squad players already.I'm getting more and more under whelmed as the season approaches.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:34 pm

oddball wrote:
I would have thought the last thing we wanted was another keeper.We have Jake Cole who is more than competant at this level with Ollie as his understudy,who would step up to the plate should Jake get injured or loss of form.Rene will just be an other squad player and we are topped up with squad players already.I'm getting more and more under whelmed as the season approaches.

I'm not sure that Ollie is much of an understudy really - he didn't seem to impress on his sole appearance in the first team. We do need some genuine competition for Cole and some viable back up if Cole get's injured. So I think the signing of another GK with a decent number of league appearances under his belt is a good sign.

Lets hope this is the first of a number of signings. A forward, another winger, a creative midfielders and some defensive cover are needed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:40 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
oddball wrote:

I'm not sure that Ollie is much of an understudy really - he didn't seem to impress on his sole appearance in the first team. We do need some genuine competition for Cole and some viable back up if Cole get's injured. So I think the signing of another GK with a decent number of league appearances under his belt is a good sign.

Lets hope this is the first of a number of signings. A forward, another winger, a creative midfielders and some defensive cover are needed.

Dear God, do you think the club are made of money:)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:43 pm

My thoughts exactly Flat Track, Ollie just aint ready yet and another season or two out on loan again will do him no harm. We need a second keeper to keep Cole on his toes and ollie is no threat in taking the number 1 shirt off him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 12:51 pm

We have now 24 players on the books, and the old wages budget must be starting to creak.24 is a large squad by league 2 standards so I doubt very much if many more players will be signed before the season starts.Finance aside,how are they all going to get games next season with no reserve team fixtures.Shades of half a dozen players sitting in the stands again on a saturday afternoon springs to mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)   'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper) Empty

Back to top Go down

'Allo 'Allo (New Keeper)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next