LondonGreen
Czarcasm
Chemical Ali
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Coxside_Green

Williams Signs On  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Williams Signs On    Williams Signs On  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:35 pm

Greenskin wrote:
I must be totally fair and say that Robbie Williams put in some better performances over the second half of the season [except against Cheltenham,when he was shocking].He's pretty good on the ball,not a bad left peg at all,but a bit slow on the turn and not really that quick over the ground.Wouldn't expect him to start the season as long as Bhasera is still at the club but he did keep Bhas out of the team on merit last year for a while,so maybe it's not such a bad deal to have him in the squad.

He kept Bhasera out? Bhas was misplaced on the wing as I recall.

To be fair Robbie was integral in our 10 man defence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Williams Signs On    Williams Signs On  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:52 pm

But the 10 man defence meant that we eke'd out enough points to survive which was the object of the exercise and Fletcher was Captain of a boys crew in a man's world in the first 9 games. I just think it is unfair to blame them totally for the position they were in when they all came together in what I would call a proper team that could at least compete. It is wrong also to discount the Administration and say it played no part. It must have done. Had that team started the season as a team they would not statistically struggled to stay up. They may not have set the league on fire but it would not have been squeaky bum time every kick off. Perhaps without all the initial problems they may even have settled a lot more and played better and gained even more points. We shall never know but might have a better idea after this next season is over. No doubt this will meet with the usual "you just accept mediocre and have no ambition" but that isn't anything to do with what happened last season.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Williams Signs On    Williams Signs On  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:21 pm

Some very good players refused to sign for us because we were in admin. They feared not being paid, no worries there. Fletch was happy to take the gamble though, even though he didn't really want to play. He says all the right things but he's like an open book (I should just say thick as fock).

Sad to say, Brent isn't telling us he's about to close us down but we're no better off than when McCauley was running the show. We might get a new stand but the football will still be shit.

Tell you what sensible, it's people like you who stop people like me attending regularly. I really wish you 4k could get it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Williams Signs On    Williams Signs On  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:27 pm

All about choices Coxside. Not about to tell you that you are wrong not to go as it's up to the individual to decide for themselves. Because I'm a sad boring fecker I go because I have no mates and feel as if I do in the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Williams Signs On    Williams Signs On  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:38 pm

Not knocking you for attending and I do understand your social side of things. If you left it at that then nobody would be none the wiser. You choose to post though and through your postings I see you as 1 of the 4k whom just want to watch a game. I see your views as damaging!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Williams Signs On    Williams Signs On  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 8:10 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
I must be totally fair and say that Robbie Williams put in some better performances over the second half of the season [except against Cheltenham,when he was shocking].He's pretty good on the ball,not a bad left peg at all,but a bit slow on the turn and not really that quick over the ground.Wouldn't expect him to start the season as long as Bhasera is still at the club but he did keep Bhas out of the team on merit last year for a while,so maybe it's not such a bad deal to have him in the squad.

He kept Bhasera out? Bhas was misplaced on the wing as I recall.

To be fair Robbie was integral in our 10 man defence.

Williams took over in February for the Dagenham game in the absence of Bhasera [may have been on international duty,not sure] and did enough to retain his place until the end of the sesaon.I saw all of the home games during that time,which will probably further lessen your opinion of me but there you go,and Williams performances merited further selection IMHO-Bhasera was used as a left sided midfielder in some of those games after Hemmings lost form.Don't get me wrong-i think Bhasera is a better player and hope that he starts the season at LB but Williams contribution was not negligible last season and probably deserved another years contract.No doubt the wisdom or otherwise of this decision will be proven in due course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Williams Signs On    Williams Signs On  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:16 pm

It may surprise you but to some extent I agree with you Coxside. I am an easy target who will turn up no matter what pretty much. I enjoy the Saturday afternoon out with the group I go with and a beer after along with the rant about what did or didn't happen. For me it is a social thing as much as watching a match. (or mismatch as it sometimes is). I post on a footbal forum because again I quite enjoy the argument and to see other views expressed. That in itself is a social thing. I don't always enjoy the arrogance of some that's true but I have learned to live with that and accept it is part and parcel of the thing.

All in all though I would go to matches however bad it got and therefore people like me do not hold the Board to account being a fixture they don't have to worry about. I leave the protesting to others but don't assist their cause. That isn't to say that I don't agree with certain things that happen or don't happen. I am not blind to poor decision making etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Williams Signs On    Williams Signs On  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Williams Signs On
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2