Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?

Go down 
+10
Sir Francis Drake
Dingle
Elias
Mock Cuncher
Czarcasm
Charlie Wood
Tringreen
Dougie
Rickler
Coxside_Green
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 9:07 am

Dougie wrote:
I see from that thread the Gasboard should welcome the input of experts in their field as long as they are the right kind of experts in their field

A cow in one field and a sheep in another, that two field took care of. anyone have any more more fields we can fill?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 9:15 am

Can poodles live in a field?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 9:17 am

tonycholwell wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
Ha, I think Tony has the potential to be a thorn in Brenty's side...as long as he isn't seduced by celebrity and remembers he has a constituency.

My background Charlie is about asking questions of people that do not want to answer them.

If elected I see no reason to change.

As one twelth of the PASB it would be hard to describe it as celebrity:)

I will still drive down to Plymouth in my van and park in the P&R, exactly as I do now.

Full details of contact details for those not on the internet coming soon.

I did ask on another thread, to no avail, but what is the Cholwell/Hooper thing all about, Tone?

When I first went on the internet about 18 years ago most people had a screen name. My name is Tony Hooper and I lived in a hamlet at the time called Cholwell, hence tonycholwell. I have never seen fit to change i even when signficant numbers of people know Hooper is my surname.

No great mystery:)

Interesting. I don't recall you being around circa 2006 in the great PASOTI v Consortium war. I remember somerset green though, what a prick eh! His contribution to our club's downfall was right up there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 1:27 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
Ha, I think Tony has the potential to be a thorn in Brenty's side...as long as he isn't seduced by celebrity and remembers he has a constituency.

My background Charlie is about asking questions of people that do not want to answer them.

I will still drive down to Plymouth in my van and park in the P&R, exactly as I do now.

I did ask on another thread, to no avail, but what is the Cholwell/Hooper thing all about, Tone?

When I first went on the internet about 18 years ago most people had a screen name. My name is Tony Hooper and I lived in a hamlet at the time called Cholwell, hence tonycholwell. I have never seen fit to change i even when signficant numbers of people know Hooper is my surname.

Interesting. I don't recall you being around circa 2006 in the great PASOTI v Consortium war. I remember somerset green though, what a prick eh! His contribution to our club's downfall was right up there.

And I dont remember you either 1-1.

Somerset Green? I dont know him either, pray tell what he did you dislike?

Im not sure why either statement is interesting or are you trying to infer something?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 1:37 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

Im not sure why either statement is interesting or are you trying to infer something?

I remember Somerset Green too. Argyle seems to have a monopoly on the terminally tinted, or should that be tainted ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 1:39 pm

Did SG become Farmer Gyles?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 1:41 pm

tonycholwell wrote:

and later.............. Deep Throat, Windsor Buy ? lol!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:04 pm

Surely not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 2:11 pm

Tringreen wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:

and later.............. Deep Throat, Windsor Buy ? lol!

LOL I think thats a step too far even for you Tringy:)
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 3:24 pm

totnes commie mike?

mmmm

meaty.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 7:24 pm

I see Dunlop has conceded that one of the reasons why he (representing the Senior Greens) did not want to get involved with the PASB was due to people being involved in the meetings who were Deep Throaters and he didn't want to associate with them.

Ian 100% agree, I said at the start of the process the SG should attend the then GASB meetings, it was decided to send Ken Beale along to represent our club, after the first meeting Ken decided that he no longer wanted to attend because it was too political,I was asked if I would like to take Kens place, I agreed and attended the next meeting, although that meeting in my opinion had some silly discussions on pasties and the trust guys worried that the GASB would encroach on their territory, I felt with people like Tony C,JonB and John Petrie there were guys there who could make it a success, subsequently to that meeting the Deep Throat saga broke and people who attended that meeting were involved, rightly or wrongly I decided I did not want to attend any meetings with people who were involved in that sorry episode.
I reported my decision to all of the members at the next SG monthly meeting, the committee have decided not to get involved.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 7:37 pm

Quote :
However, iin reality, the Trust have (?) 1,200 members, London 300 (?) and after that no one probably has more than 100. Therefore, the Trust will have 3-4 based on members, London 1 + ANOther(probably Plymouth). Numerically, lots of groups may get that one seat, but to date there has not been a scramble to get people to the meetings so it seems they are:

a) Not really interested

b) Not convinced their 50 members will get them a seat.

Is the Supporters Groups seats now based on PR? Thats newsworthy.

Interesting that the groups are be rounded up in an attempt to brow beat them into 'joining' in. Also interesting that JB thinks groups of less than 100 have a the ability to better represent all Argyle fans. They hardly represent themselves.

BTW the answer is a resounding a) and anyone who doesn't agree with me is myopic in the extreme.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 11:10 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

I only ever had one username on PASOTI...just commenting I dont remember Tony Cholwell is all...considering you've been online so long...I guess you never visited PASOTI those days?

Hmmm...you're basically saying you're a relative newbie who wants a big say in our club...give me strength Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 11:36 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

I only ever had one username on PASOTI...just commenting I dont remember Tony Cholwell is all...considering you've been online so long...I guess you never visited PASOTI those days?

Hmmm...

Snap, Ive only had one username in all the time Ive been on the internet, yet you seem to struggle to understand that. Hmmmmm Just commenting I dont remember a Coxside Green.

Now, Im not sure if youre trying to be obtuse or plain stupid but and for the last time: I have been on the internet for about 18 years and always as tonycholwell. I joined Pasoti on the 9th June 2006 but probably didnt post until late 2006 or early 2007.

Im not tsure how difficult that is to understand.

Hmmmm.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 11:48 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

Hmmm...

Snap, Ive only had one username in all the time Ive been on the internet, yet you seem to struggle to understand that. Hmmmmm Just commenting I dont remember a Coxside Green.

Now, Im not sure if youre trying to be obtuse or plain stupid but and for the last time: I have been on the internet for about 18 years and always as tonycholwell. I joined Pasoti on the 9th June 2006 but probably didnt post until late 2006 or early 2007.

Hmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmm!

I just thought I would join in. Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 25, 2012 11:50 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

Hmmm...

Hmmmm.

I believe you Tony, however...joining in 2006, you must've found some of the hot topics of that era a fascinating read...I'm not sure how you could've missed Somerset Green, a very persistent poster who jumped into most threads...BTW, I wasn't known as Coxside Green, it's irrelevant anyway...for the record, I expect you're a shoe-in to get voted onto PASB, I hope you give it your best with all the honesty, integrity blah blah expected from conkers man...good luck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:04 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

Hmmm...

Hmmmm.

I believe you Tony, however...joining in 2006, you must've found some of the hot topics of that era a fascinating read...I'm not sure how you could've missed Somerset Green, a very persistent poster who jumped into most threads...BTW, I wasn't known as Coxside Green, it's irrelevant anyway...for the record, I expect you're a shoe-in to get voted onto PASB, I hope you give it your best with all the honesty, integrity blah blah expected from conkers man...good luck!

CG I thank you for your best wishes and I may regret this but was is "conkers man"?

To be honest, it will be very difficult for me to get elected, but that isnt necessarily the point of the exercise, well, not all of it. And before you say thats being unduly (and unusually) modest I'll explain.

Although I have a great spread of nominees who you will probably see soon enough, I have not lived in Plymouth since 1985, nor am I a local celebrity (as at least one candidate will be), there again I do not have the support of the Trust although I do of many of their members, and I have probably been foolish in hindsight in declaring and taking some wrath whilst others have remained silent.

But Hell, thats just me and even though I have reservations about the process I would like to think I have a reasonable chance because I think I have something to offer.

Still, only got to wait until October:)
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:15 am

I'm guessing Gordon Sparks is the local celeb? I would guess he would like to follow his Dad into an Argyle related position.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:39 am

tonycholwell wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

Hmmm...

Hmmmm.

CG I thank you for your best wishes and I may regret this but was is "conkers man"?

To be honest, it will be very difficult for me to get elected, but that isnt necessarily the point of the exercise, well, not all of it. And before you say thats being unduly (and unusually) modest I'll explain.

Although I have a great spread of nominees who you will probably see soon enough, I have not lived in Plymouth since 1985, nor am I a local celebrity (as at least one candidate will be), there again I do not have the support of the Trust although I do of many of their members, and I have probably been foolish in hindsight in declaring and taking some wrath whilst others have remained silent.

But Hell, thats just me and even though I have reservations about the process I would like to think I have a reasonable chance because I think I have something to offer.

Still, only got to wait until October:)

I wont name conkers man, he doesn't post here anymore. Most people know straight away whom I'm referring.

To be frank, you scare the living shit out of me when you reference 'local celebrity'. I really hope it isn't whom some of us fear it might be. He should never ever be seen as a celebrity. Hopefully I'm way off the mark here.

I'm not a fan of PASB, it doesn't help when our Trust is being so openly undermined (admittedly, not by yourself). I still can't get my head around the fact you've opposed the Trust since day one yet you want to be elected to what I consider a similar or alternative body. It just doesn't make sense.

All that said, I have to accept there will be a PASB whether I like it or not. I just hope the people elected treat their position with the respect it deserves and do respect the views of the majority. If I'm honest, you do appear more preferable than some that could be mentioned. I guess we'll just have to wait and see who the candidates are.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 12:41 am

With reference to Gordon Sparks, gotta love the man. Far too biased towards anything Argyle to be a serious candidate, surely?

It would be akin to Americans voting in film stars to run the country. Oh wait...

At the end of the day, he was a big fan of Stapleton for far too long. Even towards the end he found it difficult to be critical. Gordon should never be voted in.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:35 am

It won't matter who is elected. If the nice gentleman doesn't like what they're saying he'll ignore them , or worse.

Anyone know how often elections will take place ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:14 am

Tringreen wrote:
It won't matter who is elected. If the nice gentleman doesn't like what they're saying he'll ignore them , or worse.

Anyone know how often elections will take place ?

The honest answer Tringy is no one knows, but it will be up to the first PASB to determine. DW saw the first Board as "interim" to set the rules and get it a constitution. However, in hiis report to JB he infers this would be an appointed Board, rather than an elected one. This would then be stable from season 2013/14 and an election.

However, this has been bypassed by events as we now have an election this year. So the elected Board must determine the points you ask of and report back to the fans
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:18 am

Well I'm all for the GasBoard.

I've heard that Supporter's Direct are VERY impressed, and have said so to anyone who'll listen (no-one).
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:25 am

The name "Somerset Green" is still used on pasoti although very rarely these days, I would imagine it's just when required by the selected few.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:32 am

GOB wrote:
The name "Somerset Green" is still used on pasoti although very rarely these days, I would imagine it's just when required by the selected few.

Ive just done a search on the name GOB on Pasoti and it says "No suitable matches were found"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?   Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Should we press for/have a vote against having PASB?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next