Freathy
Coxside_Green
mouldyoldgoat
125+1
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 2:52 pm

SufferedSince68 wrote:
I like Blockbuster by Sweet, that would make a quality anthem, or Tigerfeet.
I remember that Sweet guy turning up at the BBC TV hospitality bash at some FA Cup final ... tight leather, mullet, glove and all the trimmings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 2:56 pm

England are very average this year. Germany look pretty good, as do Spain of course.

Over the course of just 3 or 4 games, anything can happen. Both Denmark and Greece have won the Euros without teams packed with stars. But the most likely result is England going out to Spain in the Q/F.

While England may not be blessed with the most talented players in the tournament, Welbeck's goal was one of the best finishes I've seen in a long time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 3:00 pm

GreenWhiteBlack : 1 yellow last season & in the last game shows he gets in alot of trouble on the pitch aye?

Pray tell me why he isn't on the park for the qualifiers?? Kicking an opponent!!

I did say when he gets wound up it'll be red. It will be so.

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Greenjock wrote:
pafcineurope wrote:
I thought England played with guts, spirit and determination. The "kids" & the whole team did well. I agree Rooney should not be a shoe in. IMO he's getting near his sell by date, other teams know all about him now. If he gets wound up it'll be red no doubt.

Why oh why can't we have our own Anthem, and not the British one!!?? I'd prefer Swing Low to the one we play now (lol) - it's not ours and pisses off the other parts of the UK. (GJ please confirm).

Merv Plummer

God Save the Queen is dreary, and even when the thousands of supporters try singing it, it still sounds shit. The trouble is, it's the national anthem so it's what should get sung. I never listen to it tbh, I either go outside for a cigarette or don't turn the game on until the anthems have been sung. I don't think many of the players even bother singing it.

I like Jerusalem when it's played before the Test Matches, or Rule Britannia, which is a bit more rousing but again I can't see why they would change it.

Prefer this if we play Germany;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 4:32 pm

Sweet performed at a small festival I went to in Belgium many years ago. After a couple of songs they retreated in a hail of cans and bottles.

I propose this as our national anthem.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 8:13 pm

What about Land of Hope and Glory!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 8:22 pm

MOG - Too easy, but smack on!!

Merv P.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 8:27 pm

God save the Queen has never raised the hairs on the back of my neck, no matter what the occasion. There are a few good 'uns about, I've always liked the US one but with my personal affiliation the South African one never fails to get me. Mandela wanted to incorporate the ANC's adopted anthem into a new national anthem that would embrace all creeds and consequently includes the five biggest of it's eleven official languages. Anybody who's seen "Invictus" will have seen how it was treated with scorn and derision by the 1995 rugby team but if anybody watched the rugger Very Happy this afternoon the whiteys bang it out with the greatest of pride.

Does it for me every time!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 8:51 am

God Save the Queen is a dreadful durge, there's no getting away from it. It was adopted as the national anthem by Gerorge III following the Jacobite rebellion and then included a long since discarded verse about General Wade's army crushing the Scots.

Say what you like about the French but they do a great national anthem. You have to go a long way to top 'Le Marseillais' with it's revolution inspired lyrics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 9:01 am

It's the best upbeat anthem as well that everyone can sing along to. Hee haw hee haw haw haw haw haw hee haw, hee haw hee haw haw hee haw hee haw.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 9:23 am

I like the Russian anthem too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 11:31 am

Feckin pinko! I agree with Merv, the anthem is British and Britain is not represented at a national level (apart from the lions), bit weird really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: