Freathy
Coxside_Green
mouldyoldgoat
125+1
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. Empty
PostSubject: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:19 pm

FA total fvcking amateurs, get rid of the blazer wearing tossers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 9:52 pm

3 brilliant goals tonight has got us the win, a lot of spirit shown.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Who looks a tosser now, Wink
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:35 pm

Feck me England won!!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:39 pm

Yep im a tosser but years of watching crap football has taught me how to spot it! england are crap but spirited crap.it will end in tears against ukraine if we play like that, and they are average.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:53 pm

WoofferedSince68 for President....

England aren't good though.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:58 pm

England aren't brilliant but I'm encouraged. I'm thinking Bobby Robson.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:43 am

Sweden were shite but England were slightly less shite. But England were still shite, nonetheless. Germans will win Euro 2012. They're a class above.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:22 am

Thought that about Barcelona and Bayern, but Chelsea won!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:46 am

That win goes down to Roy Hodgson....brings in Carroll for a job.....done it well.

Brings on Walcott when a change was needed....job done.

Team work and guts saw an average team.....get the job done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 11:32 am

It was a case of horses for courses and Caroll did his job.

It looks to me that Englands midfield is ponderous, even compared to Sweden who are not a slick quick passing side, and Terry and Lescott don't seem to command the penalty area. Gerrard played really well but Young and Milner were almost anonymous. This let Sweden back into the game and they started playing with confidence, and it looked like they were more likely to score again than England.

Then Hodgson throws on Walcott against a tiring ageing Swedish defence and it worked wonders. England showed fight and passion for a change, but it was the pace of Walcott that won the game for them. He might be best used as an impact sub, and of course there is also Oxlade-Chamberlain who can be thrown on to do a similar job.

Rooney is definitely playing against Ukraine so either Wellbeck or Caroll drops to the bench, unless Young is dropped and Wellbeck plays wide?

Ukraine on home soil need a win, England need only a draw. I reckon it will be every bit as tense on Tuesday night for England fans, and if there is to be any trouble involving England fans, this could be the one. Ukraine fans on the rampage if they lose, and possibly England fans doing the same if they lose.

If France beat Sweden, which is likely now, and England finish 2nd in the group, they would be likely to play Sapin in the QF and I couldn't see England coping with Spains midfield.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 11:51 am

I'd leave Rooney on the bench. As has been said, this current bunch are showing signs of passion and seem to be wanting it, if Rooney wants a game, let him earn the right to play. We might not be very good but I can't fault the lads on their commitment. Well done Roy and well done England.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 11:54 am

Freathy wrote:
Sweden were shite but England were slightly less shite. But England were still shite, nonetheless. Germans will win Euro 2012. They're a class above.

I love you man you are a beautiful spirit .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 12:42 pm

I thought England played with guts, spirit and determination. The "kids" & the whole team did well. I agree Rooney should not be a shoe in. IMO he's getting near his sell by date, other teams know all about him now. If he gets wound up it'll be red no doubt.

Why oh why can't we have our own Anthem, and not the British one!!?? I'd prefer Swing Low to the one we play now (lol) - it's not ours and pisses off the other parts of the UK. (GJ please confirm).

Merv Plummer

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 12:43 pm

I agree with Jock, it's painful watching the midfield and their lack of movement. They don't have to try and emulate Spain, just watch Swansea's triangles, always someone free for the ball and the movement for the one twos. We seem to stand around watching until the ball is inevitably lost.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 12:51 pm

I agree pafcineurope, the anthem should be different
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 12:56 pm

Freathy wrote:

Im sorry if this hurts your credibility Freathy and I may have phrased it differently but I think you are right here. England are a team devoid of technical ability at this level and are as incapable as Argyle last year to hold the ball or move it forward tto feet.

Hodgson will get grief but with the raw material at his disposal it will take him 2 years to rebuild a team if hes lucky.

Can't see further than Germany or Spain at this point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Charlie - the midfield can stop others playing. Smile
We have beaten Spain, albeit in a friendly, and I'll take the present spirit over what was dished up in South Africa. Guts with the flair at the right time. bounce
Great from Walcott and Welbeck. Expect the unexpected!! As Monty Python used to say - No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition. Of course we've got to get there first. Question

(Not through rose tinted glasses).

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 1:04 pm

pafcineurope wrote:
I thought England played with guts, spirit and determination. The "kids" & the whole team did well. I agree Rooney should not be a shoe in. IMO he's getting near his sell by date, other teams know all about him now. If he gets wound up it'll be red no doubt.

Why oh why can't we have our own Anthem, and not the British one!!?? I'd prefer Swing Low to the one we play now (lol) - it's not ours and pisses off the other parts of the UK. (GJ please confirm).

Merv Plummer

1 yellow last season & in the last game shows he gets in alot of trouble on the pitch aye?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 1:15 pm

pafcineurope wrote:

Merv Plummer

God Save the Queen is dreary, and even when the thousands of supporters try singing it, it still sounds shit. The trouble is, it's the national anthem so it's what should get sung. I never listen to it tbh, I either go outside for a cigarette or don't turn the game on until the anthems have been sung. I don't think many of the players even bother singing it.

I like Jerusalem when it's played before the Test Matches, or Rule Britannia, which is a bit more rousing but again I can't see why they would change it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 1:22 pm

I like Blockbuster by Sweet, that would make a quality anthem, or Tigerfeet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 2:34 pm

[/quote]

God Save the Queen is dreary, and even when the thousands of supporters try singing it, it still sounds shit. The trouble is, it's the national anthem so it's what should get sung. I never listen to it tbh, I either go outside for a cigarette or don't turn the game on until the anthems have been sung. I don't think many of the players even bother singing it.

I like Jerusalem when it's played before the Test Matches, or Rule Britannia, which is a bit more rousing but again I can't see why they would change it.

[/quote]

GJ - it's the BRITISH Anthem, not the English one!!

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 2:35 pm

pafcineurope wrote:

Merv Plummer

For me, the problem with Rooney playing is the team become dependant on him to deliver. As things stand we don't have that problem.

@Suffered, I love the 'tigerfeet' suggestion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 2:44 pm

pafcineurope wrote:

[/quote]

GJ - it's the BRITISH Anthem, not the English one!!

Merv Plummer[/quote]

I don't know that England has a national anthem though Merv. Flower of Scotland isn't really Scotland's anthem, it's God Save the Queen.

This would perhaps be a more upbeat and apt anthem:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 2:51 pm

Greenjock wrote:
pafcineurope wrote:

Merv Plummer

Totally agree, our national anthem isn't even a national anthem, it's a dirge like homage to a Queen who is isn't even English.

I would much prefer Jerusalem or pomp and circumstance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.   W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN. Empty

Back to top Go down

W0Y OUT WEDKNAPP IN.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: