Tringreen
Chemical Ali
Charlie Wood
Mr President
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Supporters Board Article.. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Article..   Supporters Board Article.. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 8:58 pm

Sue Pollard wins hands down then.So thats Sue Pollard,Tony Cholwell,John B and Lee Jameson....sorted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Article..   Supporters Board Article.. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:14 pm

oddball wrote:
The whole point of a Trust no matter what club is involved is to firstly to get a share of the club via a shareholding and secondly if possible convert that shareholding into a seat on the board.The Argyle Trust have so far failed to do that.Brent has also stated that despite the fact that the Trust may get get a shareholding they will never ever ever get a seat on the board.So frankly the trust are not going to have any influence on how the club is run whatsoever.

But I'd rather fail with a properly constituted, democratically elected body than the PASB. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Article..   Supporters Board Article.. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:18 pm

oddball wrote:
Sue Pollard wins hands down then.So thats Sue Pollard,Tony Cholwell,John B and Lee Jameson....sorted.

GasBoard by name GasBoard by nature Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Article..   Supporters Board Article.. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:25 pm

The Argyle Trust is a dead duck.It dont need the Mods on Pasoti to put the knife in.Come the revolution,or when the GAS Board is elected, as James Brent will make sure it will be,then that will be the end...c'est la vie as Romain would say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Article..   Supporters Board Article.. - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:40 pm

Bogsider wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
knecht wrote:
As always, Tony, an interesting post. (OK .... not always.) and lots to agree with there. But I still see no argument in favour of the PASB as opposed to the Trust. (I'll go away and look up "Whitley Council .... I'm much younger than you....)

The function of the PASB that you are describing can easily be subsumed within the work of the Trust. All I can see is the suggestion that "the ordinary fan" - the so-called silent majority - has no interest in the wider politics of football and its governance. That may be true but it applies in all sorts of areas in life. That doesn't mean that the wider issues aren't important. The Trust could cover all eventualities. The PASB won't.

Equally the reason why Mr Brent and people within the pasoti hierarchy are running with this one remains an enigma.

JB is one thing, it was his idea. But Pasoti? Besides the forum which will probably be a short term thing, I cant find any evidence of Pasoti supporting the PASB.

Enjoy your reading of the Whitley Councils, very educational.

Sorry, just read Gobs last post and happy to be an average fan, no super fan here.

Rubbish, how many 'average fans' get to watch games from the directors box. You've been against the trust from day one so don't pretend otherwise.

I think the Suspporters board is a crock of shit personally, the trust is the only body of supporters I'm interested in. It's run in accordance with SD guidelines, it's 100% independent, democratic and anyone can join. Obviously this is in unacceptable in some quarters.

Most trust members don't want to 'dine at the top table', you usually see them manning gazebo's and watching the football from their season ticket seat.

1. Having been a fan for 46 years to be offered a seat in the Directors Box for a non 1st team, competitive match was still a bit of a thrill to be honest. Will it change how I feel about anything? Not on your Nelly!" But in another 46 years I hope to sit there again.

2. It is true I am not a member or supporter of the Trust and have never hid that. To be honest, for the past 6 months or so have rarely mentioned the Trust as it was clear thye had problems both internal and extrernal and I genuinely like the 4 elected members left in varying degrees:) Can you say the same? I have never hid my disagreements with the Trust though and have never pretended otherwise.

3. Its good you have an opinion even if it is to support the Trust over the PASB, trouble is they are not in competition.

3. You go on to say : "it's 100% independent, democratic and anyone can join. Obviously this is in unacceptable in some quarters" exactly the same as the PASB although why is it unacceptable?

4. The top table is a euphamism, I am sorry you missed that.

5. Argyle fans watching games from their ST seats. Shock! Where did you expect to see them sat?
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Article..   Supporters Board Article.. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 1:00 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Echo the comments above, I'm still to be convinced of the purpose of the PASB and how it differs from the Trust- in some aspects its worse because it is not independent of the club (not saying he would but JB could withdraw funding at any time- how would the PASB raise funds?).

One difference is that all "membership fees" go directly to the club.

It seems clear to me that "the club" has no need for the Trust. I believe that all this "membership" talk is all about setting up something along the German (revenue generating) lines.

PILGRIM MEMBERSHIP (0 games)
Benefits:
Second priority for home cup matches
Invites to regular club events (6 per season)
Pre-match e-mail
10% discount in the Argyle Superstore
Price: £25

£25 for what? Seems like money for old rope to me! Where is the benefit for us exiles (or anyone) though?

The German memberships cost more but also offer more.

How about an "Exiles" or "Enhanced Pilgrim" type membership which inludes:
Pilgrim membership, plus,
Full AW.
All home programmes (sent once per month say)-(or even electronic versions instead?).
Guaranteed league game ticket for when you visit Blighty (arranged in advance of course).
Price: £100????

I don't see the PASB as having any more power than German club members. They have very little power overall.

At this time, I can't think of any reason that the PASB would need to raise money.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Article..   Supporters Board Article.. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:38 pm

LOL

Not aimed at anyone specific but there are some specific wankers whom should never get on any gas pas whatever named board.

It'll be interesting to know how many votes the winning candidates receive. Who's in charge of counting votes now?

Sorry, I just can't keep up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Article..   Supporters Board Article.. - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 11:28 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
Echo the comments above, I'm still to be convinced of the purpose of the PASB and how it differs from the Trust- in some aspects its worse because it is not independent of the club (not saying he would but JB could withdraw funding at any time- how would the PASB raise funds?).

It seems clear to me that "the club" has no need for the Trust. I believe that all this "membership" talk is all about setting up something along the German (revenue generating) lines.

Benefits:
Pre-match e-mail

£25 for what? Seems like money for old rope to me! Where is the benefit for us exiles (or anyone) though?

Full AW.
All home programmes (sent once per month say)-(or even electronic versions instead?).
Guaranteed league game ticket for when you visit Blighty (arranged in advance of course).

I don't see the PASB as having any more power than German club members. They have very little power overall.

At this time, I can't think of any reason that the PASB would need to raise money.

I think your suggestion is an excellent one JV.

Quicker you write to Peter Jones and suggest it the quicker it could be implemented.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Article..   Supporters Board Article.. - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 2:54 am

tonycholwell wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Benefits:
Pre-match e-mail

Full AW.

Quicker you write to Peter Jones and suggest it the quicker it could be implemented.

Good to know PJ had some input. I had no idea but you know everything. Oh I'm so jealous. Should I vote for you on the strength of not being the average 'know fk all fan'?

Nothing personal, just makes me fekn sick how this club is these days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Article..   Supporters Board Article.. - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 9:18 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Benefits:
Pre-match e-mail

Full AW.

Good to know PJ had some input. I had no idea but you know everything. Oh I'm so jealous. Should I vote for you on the strength of not being the average 'know fk all fan'?

Nothing personal, just makes me fekn sick how this club is these days.

CG no inside information, it was publically announced back in March (?) that PJ would be looking at ST (as they were) and would welcome any input from fans, hence my comment to JV.

The result was, the reintroduction of some old favourites, including the former White membership. It is unfortunate you missed it and hope you now feel better.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Article..   Supporters Board Article.. - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:00 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

Benefits:
Pre-match e-mail

Full AW.

If it takes someone like me to come up with an idea like this, it doesn't say much for those whose day job it is!

No need to write to PJ as he'll see it on here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Article..   Supporters Board Article.. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Supporters Board Article..
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3